• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Adventures Vol.21

yXiHrTUl.jpg

Such a climatic volume. Learning about Ruby and Sapphire's past, seeing the Elite 4 and Steven, Norman's past and Wally's ambition made it such a good volume.

Even though the world has been pretty much ending for like the last 3 volumes or something, this is shaping up to such an excellent ending to the Ruby and Sapphire arc.

UQ Holder 10-26

This has been enjoyable, disappointed Karin got blast to the moon before they had time to strip her nude again, clearly she can only win fights in her birthday suit and I'm just fine with that. We also need Kuroumaru to become female as well so we can get more naked chick battles because that's the series strong suit. I feel like some of the references to Negima are completely going over my head but I'm still enjoying this

alright so after waiting like 2 months for Forbidden Planet in Dublin to get that copy of Spice and Wolf volume 8, I've had enough.

Ordered it off Amazon.

...and since I was there, volume 9 too.

Sweet. This next week is going to be a long one while I wait :(

scy

Kono Kanojo wa Fiction desu 19 - I guess he wrote something about her being able to heal or something.

I think it'd have been kind of fitting if he died, though.

UQ Holder 10-26

This has been enjoyable, disappointed Karin got blast to the moon before they had time to strip her nude again, clearly she can only win fights in her birthday suit and I'm just fine with that. We also need Kuroumaru to become female as well so we can get more naked chick battles because that's the series strong suit. I feel like some of the references to Negima are completely going over my head but I'm still enjoying this

Seems like you get the important ones.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Swagmoto 10
All bets are off when the glasses come off

Pine in the Flower Garden 1
Welp, that's certainly not a phobia you encounter a lot. It took entirely too long to say that though. I got that he was afraid of flowers within the first few panels, thanks author.

Wonder if he found a dead body or something in flowers or whatever.

survivor

Banned
Gambling Emperor Legend Zero part 2 vol 3-5

Seems to me that Zero is invincible so far, which is quite different from the Zero I remember from the first part. It's sorta making the games not as exciting as he is always calm and on the offence without being backed into a corner. The poker game was alright, but it certainly didn't deserve to be played twice. The current arc on the other hand, I have no idea how that's gambling. Seems like a treasure hunting type of game and we passed the midway point of the second part and still no sign of the final boss. This is really just one giant filler isn't it?

Nordicus

Nokemono to Hanayome 1-3

Okay, okay, I might've figured out this equation.

Story by the creator of Utena and Mawairu Penguindrum

+

Art of the Copernicus no Kokyuu mangaka

=

Series that seems almost as if Dowman Sayman made it

And it's a marriage with a bear thing too. MAGNIFICENT!

scy

Smutterfly Effect 14 - Guess I was right on the events for Yoshino. Though, I guess it wasn't that hard to see.

Yeah, I'm really thinking we're looking at a Yoshino route finish.

Edit: Holy shit what is that up there.

Nokemono to Hanayome 1-3

Okay, okay, I might've figured out this equation.

Story by the creator of Utena and Mawairu Penguindrum

+

Art of the Copernicus no Kokyuu mangaka

=

Series that seems almost as if Dowman Sayman made it

And it's a marriage with a bear thing too. MAGNIFICENT!

I think I want to read this.

Dynedom

Woah, this is kinda freaky. Just as I was lamenting it, Peacemaker Kurogane gets a new release. On that note:

Peacemaker Kurogane - 26

Sano and Shinpachi are boss.

Feng Shen Ji

:( Bai Long

Shen Yen making his move. Wondering if Tian will bite the dust soon.

Currently caught up on these ongoing series

One piece
Naruto
Bleach
Toriko
Shokugeki no souma
Hunter x hunter
Fairy Tail
Magi
Berserk
Attack on Titan
7 seeds
Minamoto kun monotagiri
UQ Holder
Illegal Rare
Stealth Symphony
Sakamoto desu ga

Was reading and fell behind/didn't care much for

Adventure's of Sinbad
Assassin's classroom
Idol Pretender
Yotsuba
Shaman king
Rave Master
Jojo's bizarre adventure
One punch man
The legend or arslan
Rage Town

Is adventure of sinbad still going or did that get canceled? Also does anyone still read Legend of Arslan or w/e it was called is that worth picking back up?

Smutterfly effect 1-9

For someone who is trying to not get killed its unfortunate that he's still doing a poor job despite best intentions haha

Sucks though since he's genuinely changing but it seems to be leading to the same conclusion so far with him being popular so now i wonder what really happened.

Attack on Titan 55

Now we finally have a significant role for Historia who has up to this point seemed rather pointless up to this point. Looking forward to where things go next

survivor

Banned
Looks like Fukumoto gave up trying to write a gambling manga in Zero part 2 cause this potentially final arc is pretty much something straight out of Detective Conan.

Is adventure of sinbad still going or did that get canceled? Also does anyone still read Legend of Arslan or w/e it was called is that worth picking back up?

Why would it be cancelled, it sells pretty well, still goes on, last update yesterday.

Arslan is alright but its monthly pace is brutal. Could just let more chapters accumulate.

upandaway

Currently caught up on these ongoing series

One piece
Naruto
Bleach
Toriko
Shokugeki no souma
Hunter x hunter
Fairy Tail
Magi
Berserk
Attack on Titan
7 seeds
Minamoto kun monotagiri
UQ Holder
Illegal Rare
Stealth Symphony
Sakamoto desu ga

Was reading and fell behind/didn't care much for

Adventure's of Sinbad
Assassin's classroom
Idol Pretender
Yotsuba
Shaman king
Rave Master
Jojo's bizarre adventure
One punch man
The legend or arslan
Rage Town

How did you manage to fall behind on Yotsuba? It comes out like once every 2 years

There's no explanation to the Pirate Ship / Other Dimension but Black Hole was literally creating a vacuum in the air to stop a ball to allow for a second swing.

So, yeah.

You really don't need explanations for jRPG spells.

Maybe I'm just used to unexplainable sports actions now.

Why would it be cancelled, it sells pretty well, still goes on, last update yesterday.

Arslan is alright but its monthly pace is brutal. Could just let more chapters accumulate.

I was enjoying it and just fell behind, will catch up on both then

How did you manage to fall behind on Yotsuba? It comes out like once every 2 years

Because I was reading it in a block with jojo, rave master, eyeshield 21, and shaman king. I moved and it threw everything out of whack. Plan to finish/catch up on all the series I mentioned minus one punch man which I never really enjoyed. Didn't even include molester man gave up on that after 2 chapters art was hideous

What's with Naruto's latest chapters being a mess of 'EVERYONE IS IMPORTANT TO THE PLOT BECAUSE REASONS' with no actual development in terms of story? Well, except this chapter with
Gai-sensei. He's gonna kick ass because he's rad to the max.

Kurita

In Eyeshield 21 the special moves were just regular football moves cranked up to 11.
Devil 4th Dimension : Sena's ultimate running technique, created during the Christmas Bowl against the Teikoku Alexanders. While running at his 4.2 second pace, Sena takes one quick backstep without changing his speed or stance: doing this during the instant of tackling causes the blocker to miss completely, rendering him off-guard while Sena cuts around. To the blocker, it seems as if time was running backward, hence the name (time being the "fourth dimension"). During the International Youth Cup semifinal match against Germany, Sena takes only a half-step back as a feint before he changed his run in order to defeat Germany's star player Schultz.

Parallel Lines 5 (end)

The final story in this collection was really incredible. Though there was no action of the sort it was just a really good make me feel good shy person owning their confessing to the one that they loved. It had great blushing and face hiding and feelings being shared over the cafe-latte. Their time in the extra story was cute since it was the heart shaped design and the full face blush.

Overall Parallel Lines is a wonderful collection of stories from the main one of the fashion design folks at the university arguing constantly yet ending up getting together and comparing each other in the side story to the more peaceful and sweet cafe scene and then the high school love one in the middle it was just a really great collection. Yukue Moegi has made great progress expanding beyond the gintama doujin arena and needs to get more stories going.

Ookiku Furikabutte Vol.11

Pretty surprised for the game to get completed in one chapter that isn't the length of a volume.

Anyway, we're definitely getting the shake up of the relationship between Abe and Mihashi in this upcoming game that looks like it's going to last two volumes...

scy

You really don't need explanations for jRPG spells.

Maybe I'm just used to unexplainable sports actions now.

I don't mean how it works but more what did it even fucking do? Like, he's just suddenly ... fighting Blackbeard on a Pirate Ship. I don't follow what he's doing here or why it's so special.

With Black Hole (seriously, BLACK HOLE), I at least "get" that the technique is locking the ball in the air for a second swing.

In Eyeshield 21 the special moves were just regular football moves cranked up to 11.

Which was good. Sure, they were over the top but it was a bit more grounded. It's like how PoT was originally. Then everyone went SSJ4.

I don't mean how it works but more what did it even fucking do? Like, he's just suddenly ... fighting Blackbeard on a Pirate Ship. I don't follow what he's doing here or why it's so special.

With Black Hole (seriously, BLACK HOLE), I at least "get" that the technique is locking the ball in the air for a second swing.

I don't need things to make sense in my sports manga!

Not like I really get the sports anyway.

Kurita

So far we haven't seen over-the-top special moves in Haikyuu!!
I wonder if it'll happen... Though it might be a bit hard in a volleyball manga.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So far we haven't seen over-the-top special moves in Haikyuu!!
I wonder if it'll happen... Though it might be a bit hard in a volleyball manga.

Kurita, plz.

Special volleyball moves predate Haikyuu!! by 30 years or so.

D-Frag 2-14.5

Good translations are hard to find :(

But anyway, I love how dumb this is. Lots of awesome facial expressions and waifus.

And Takao... ahhh Takao... <3 :3

watched the first couple of episodes of the anime too. They knew exactly what they were doing casting Kana Hanazawa as Roka :/ Chiwa Saito as the pres...

Need more teacher to hear more Ami Koshimizu tho...

EEczSKp.png

TWGOK 253-255

Hmmmmmmmmm.

So that's where kid Keima decides to take a nap.

tumblr_inline_mydbxa2Hji1sohk3w.gif

Not even trying to hide that Nikaido is Dokuro. Akari finally being outed as Elsie's "sister" was a nice reveal, though I do wish they were actually sister.

And why does Elsie have a death flag setup?

I'm going to be upset if something bad happens to her.

Smutterfly effect 14

hmm interesting backstory but in his attempt to fix this is gonna make it worse imo (since its looking like he's heading for that route much to his friend's chagrin.)

so what will the friend kill him for? will it be for
Yoshino dieing, taken by the mc after changing her fate, just jealousy of how the mc is better than him even though mc was trying to help or is there something else (it would be interesting if the library girl had some part to play and it affected his friend)

should be interesting to see how it plays out

Swagmoto 9-10

dat summer swag (digging all the way to brazil ftw lol)

also god damn the glasses have been removed, is shit gonna get real? :O

scy

Smutterfly effect 14

hmm interesting backstory but in his attempt to fix this is gonna make it worse imo (since its looking like he's heading for that route much to his friend's chagrin.)

so what will the friend kill him for? will it be for
Yoshino dieing, taken by the mc after changing her fate, just jealousy of how the mc is better than him even though mc was trying to help or is there something else (it would be interesting if the library girl had some part to play and it affected his friend)

should be interesting to see how it plays out

I'm guessing that the original reason involved
Yoshino's death, though it may just be a culmination of everything about being in his shadow. Both "timelines" seem to lead him down the same road, though. And, yeah, I hope Library girl ends up relevant somehow, if only as an eventual pairing for the friend (because she needs love too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom