• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute, I just realized, Enterbrain is a subsidiary of Kadokawa so that means they have access to Harta magazine. Hmmm, this could end up being a good thing after all.

Wow it seems that I read so few Kadokawa titles, Sakamoto desu Ga seems to be the only one from that magazine, while other series I seem to follow is Angel Beats and various other animu spinoffs (SAO progressive).

But Kadokawa has Bloody Mary too and Big Order.

Hopefully they do have a BL manga on the service.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This shit annoys me to no end, urgh my OCD.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dedication Through Ligh

t.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Witch Craft Works 30

Almost thought this would become another TWGOK but thankfully it didn't.

Also, ripppppp at Takamiya actually being useful.

scy

Witch Craft Works 30 - Imouto wall of text last chapter, young Kagari this chapter, oh god.

Also, Giant Prinny attacking the town. dood.

Kieli

Magi

I think Sheba was wielding the same staff as that crazy Asian lady.

She may pretend to be softening, but I still don't trust her. :(

scy

Well, now the "ht" I see seems so normal.

Decided to catch up on Aho Girl. And by that, I mean re-read it since I don't really remember the first few chapters.

G6XfkI6.png

Akito

Wait a minute, I just realized, Enterbrain is a subsidiary of Kadokawa so that means they have access to Harta magazine. Hmmm, this could end up being a good thing after all.
Could, I'll be surprised if any series from Harta ends up on there, optimistic as I am.

scy

Umi no Misaki 127 [END] - Well, it ended. Feels like it took a random set of extra chapters ever since it confirmed the harem route and didn't do much with them.

Also, was expecting a longer time skip at the end. Or a time skip that does anything. Unless I missed something significant about them going forward 6 months.

Past

Just curious, do they actually sell single chapter of manga in Japan, similar to how comics are being sold as single issue in the States? Or do they release the chapter for free and sell them as a volume when they have enough chapters?

Jintor

Just curious, do they actually sell single chapter of manga in Japan, similar to how comics are being sell as single issue in the States? Or do they release the chapter for free and sell them as a volume when they have enough chapters?

stick a bunch of chapters from different series into weekly magazines

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah, Hiroyuki. Also did Doujin Work. And probably something else.

I like his art. And although Mangaka & Assistant is, like, the lowest tier of quality literature work, I enjoyed it too, hahaha.

It can only get wor

se.

Urggghhhh. Can someone, I dunno, mods perhaps, fix that?

Dammit dude don´t say that. Let me be surprised.

But *every* page in KINGDOM is epic ^____^ Some more so than the usual though...

HOW

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just curious, do they actually sell single chapter of manga in Japan, similar to how comics are being sell as single issue in the States? Or do they release the chapter for free and sell them as a volume when they have enough chapters?

Magazines.

Jintor

actually kinda of weird how the american comic industry doesn't do that come to think of it.

probably some historical reason. would be interesting to look into.

upandaway

Hayate

If Hayate can pay that off in a day, what's exactly the point of this manga again :lol

And who is this Souya-kun? I legitimately don't remember him ever existing.

dumbyugi

Hayate

If Hayate can pay that off in a day, what's exactly the point of this manga again :lol

And who is this Souya-kun? I legitimately don't remember him ever existing.

Souya is Hayate's friend from his old highschool. He's only been in the series once or twice. Google tells me he was also the MC of one of the author's other series.

wonzo

Banned
actually kinda of weird how the american comic industry doesn't do that come to think of it.

probably some historical reason. would be interesting to look into.
The costs for good quality colour pages numbering in the hundreds would be fairly large for starters.

e: Unless they started some Comixology monthly subscription stuff where you get issue copies of whatever each month for a flat rate then~

Quasar

The costs for good quality colour pages numbering in the hundreds would be fairly large for starters.

e: Unless they started some Comixology monthly subscription stuff where you get issue copies of whatever each month for a flat rate then~

Also anthologies have historically sold very badly. People apparently don't want to pay for shit they don't care for just to get what they do want.

Still...I kind of wanted them to try family anthologies (like say a Bat-family book, or a X-book that collected all the issues for that month of those). Shame no-one tried that.

The costs thing though...reminds me of people suggesting going back to B&W to bring issue costs down. I think there would be an uproar over that. People like their full colour. And I'll admit B&W was one barrier for me wrt manga being a lifelong US comics reader.

Pokemon Adventures Black & White Vol.03

78kdO9Wl.jpg

More nice small additions to the story that definitely have me interested like the Zorak and the Snivy that becomes White's in the future.

The plot is still pretty meh, mostly due to the leads right now but at least it changes later on.

Jintor

oh right, i forgot that american comics are all in colour

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Also anthologies have historically sold very badly. People apparently don't want to pay for shit they don't care for just to get what they do want.

Still...I kind of wanted them to try family anthologies (like say a Bat-family book, or a X-book that collected all the issues for that month of those). Shame no-one tried that.

The costs thing though...reminds me of people suggesting going back to B&W to bring issue costs down. I think there would be an uproar over that. People like their full colour. And I'll admit B&W was one barrier for me wrt manga being a lifelong US comics reader.

There's also how everyone is paid. There's no flat page rate, the more your book sells the more you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom