• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banner needs an update with the newest TWGOK volume cover.

1r0LQ48.jpg

survivor

Banned
Gambling Emperor Legend Zero part 2 vol 6-10 End

FUKUMOTOOOO WTF, how could you end it like this without even announcing a sequel?

The second half of the manga pretty much had no crazy gambling games or anything with high stakes. It was run of the mill, find the treasure arc from Detective Conan. It wasn't boring, but this isn't really why I read Zero in the first place. Plus it doesn't help that this entire sequel felt pointless, at least in progressing the main story. Not that the story even matters in a Fukumoto manga, but there wasn't even any threatening villains. Outside of Junko, who later became their friend, Zero had no one to outwit.

I'm guessing that the original reason involved
Yoshino's death, though it may just be a culmination of everything about being in his shadow. Both "timelines" seem to lead him down the same road, though. And, yeah, I hope Library girl ends up relevant somehow, if only as an eventual pairing for the friend (because she needs love too).

hmm
yea i do think its just all that stuff of being inferior bubbled over, but if that's the case what was the straw that broke it, could his friend really done it for a petty reason or was it something profound enough.

Also i hope library girl does well but the mc in his effort to fix this whole thing is causing a crash on that end tbh. :(

Now i'm wondering if she inherited whatever fate Yoshino had (maybe minus the promiscuous part but keep the dieing) and the friend after liking her gets pissed at the mc being a dick to her all that time :( :( :(

As said it should be interesting since the mc seems to be heading there regardless of the better choices he's making.

GGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Why didn't you tell me Mob Psycho is by the same person who does One Punch Man

DDDDDDDDD:

Reading INTENSELY Now

scy

As said it should be interesting since the mc seems to be heading there regardless of the better choices he's making.

Yeah, they keep dropping hints about some things still occur despite the effort to change things so I'm wondering how that part pans out too. I'm hoping for the best for a happy ending, though. But I always want happy endings :x

I'm honestly hoping that the big reveal is
literally anything would have set off the killing: He's always hated him
. I like that idea more than something petty or whatever, even if it makes the title dumb :x

Shit, never read the manga, but this looks super interesting, is the manga hot?

The first half is kind of a fun romp that more-or-less pokes fun at harems and dating games.

The second half adds some real plot that's being stretched pretty goddamn thin at this point.

Also @ Yotsuba talk, I had to learn it the hard way today that there are even yotsuba hentai doujinshis.

Well, yeah.

Yeah, they keep dropping hints about some things still occur despite the effort to change things so I'm wondering how that part pans out too. I'm hoping for the best for a happy ending, though. But I always want happy endings :x

I'm honestly hoping that the big reveal is
literally anything would have set off the killing: He's always hated him
. I like that idea more than something petty or whatever, even if it makes the title dumb :x

that would be kinda
unfortunate since one of the main reasons i'm thinking something else might have happened was because the friend isn't just a jerk; even though sadly he's been showing the signs that he might just be

He's been changing certain stuff
(reika defending him instead of framing him, mitsuru being a nicer person, etc)
but its like he's in a "damn if you do damn if you don't" situation in regards to the payoff. Lets see if the mc can earn the happy ending

also the title was kinda dumb anyways imo lol

Well, yeah.

ShindoL strikes again!

oh shit i almost forgot about this LOLOLOL

scy

that would be kinda
unfortunate since one of the main reasons i'm thinking something else might have happened was because the friend isn't just a jerk; even though sadly he's been showing the signs that he might just be

Well, I just like the idea of
he's always had some kind of resentment and everything came together for it instead of "boohoo this one thing happened so I killed you."

As long as they don't pull a
"lol remembered it wrong I killed myself" or something else that makes it not a murder.

also the title was kinda dumb anyways imo lol

Haha. Yeah. I just meant that it'd make the title wrong.

Well, I just like the idea of
he's always had some kind of resentment and everything came together for it instead of "boohoo this one thing happened so I killed you."

As long as they don't pull a
"lol remembered it wrong I killed myself" or something else that makes it not a murder.

Haha. Yeah. I just meant that it'd make the title wrong.

I can see that even though it would been as expected and thus kinda disappointing. :(

we'll see.

also wth at the english version used it in the title graphic lol

best sports manga of all time

surprised you haven't read matsumoto stuff before, most of his works range from excellent to top 10 best manga written material. Takemitsu Zamurai, Sunny, Gogo Monster, Tekkon Kinkreet, Zero, and Hanaotoko are all top tier. Number Five, while had a very interesting world, was pretty weak. The story wasn't planned far ahead as admitted by Matsumoto and it shows. It's still worth checking out just for the creative art however.
Plot coherence is overrated!

Destroyed Century JOXER 02

Ehh, not much feeling this.

Billion Dogs 14

Hm, wow, wasn't expecting that.

Spoof on Titan 14

How to make cookies without lifting a finger.

The Knight in the Area 05

Like a knight.

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] 14

An siscon is worse than a monster.

NadeNadeShikoShiko 14

A yamato nadeshiko appears!

ARAIDOKI 14

Hair so amazing it shines in the light.

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 15

Kidnap your teacher to go to a training camp.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 14

A terrifying mother.

In a Heartbeat 13

Is it happening?

Logick 11

And this is how he'll rediscover himself.

Girl and Car on the Beat 11

Express your love through art.

Milk on the Farm 04

I didn't expect to learn so much about pigs

Tawara Cat 02

A fat cat ruins her birthday.

Student Council ~ Total Takeover! 02

Introductions again.

Bushido Academy 01

Of course all the descendants (expect one) of the Sengoku generals are girls.

Old Man Frog 01

The amount of therapy this kid will have for having an old man frog.

scy

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! 12 - That went better than expected. Lots of great reactions:

yessssssssssss

Senpai no Houkago Sawari Kyoushitsu - A oneshot. "A boy and his senpai get kinky in a classroom after school." Delivered as expected.

you want some info :p

seriously though i really wished i didn't check it...

I ... I ...

why you do this ;__;

scy

i was joking about the giving info part. be strong

I'm still in hiding.

Kinky?

I want in

The best kind.

Doesn't matter how good the story is when the art is scribbles and messy as hell.

I found it charming and think it fit the kind of origin of the story :(

That said, I get it. Usually when I suggest Molester Man, it's almost always with a caveat about the art being super rough and to explain the title :x

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Molestor Man's art is good watchuu talking about.

Far better than Attack on Titan.

Mob Psycho Ch 1-9

Oh please let the Master not get caught throughout the series

He is like King in OPM but is actually prideful about is conning ways

Charade

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! 12

Sure, Akina, sure...

Mob Psycho 100 56

At first I thought the "he's a real quick runner" at the end was directed at Mob and got excited that his muscle training was finally paying off. Then I realized it was probably Reigen escaping the security guards lol.

Haly

I dig the rough look. Always found that sketchy style appealing.

Anyway:
attackontitan55.jpg

Kieli

Molester Man was so boring. I'd rather do homework than read Molester Man.

Onani was legit, though. It was realer than real. He got himself a good waifu at the end.

I dig the rough look. Always found that sketchy look appealing.

Anyway:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/manga/attackontitan55.jpg

I never said that AoT didn't look bad at times either, the art certainly has gotten a lot better from where it started something you can't say about molester man.. If a molester man gets remade by a real manga artist the way One Punch Man is or gets an anime that isn't completely made unwatchable like Aku no hana was I'll check it out for sure

Haly

Putting Molester Man on Onepunch-man (ONE)'s level is going way too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom