• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

magi - 217

MGG26fC.png

Magi

I wonder if they evil entity was the head of the council who monopolised the rest of the staffs? Like Solomon got half and the other dude got half or something. Seems plausible...

wonzo

Banned
Ping Pong 23-44

If there's one thing that amazes me even more than the art in this brilliant table tennis series it's definitely the way the characters are slowly fleshed out over the course of it. I mean, in the span of two volumes I went from hatin' on Wenga & Sakuma to really respecting them which contrasts to Kazama whom I thought was pretty cool headed at first but was in actuality a far more twisted, sardonic, & self absorbed person. Even Ohta, the dude with the (really) funny (by this series standards) haircut, went from an asshole that looked down on Smile to really sticking out for him against the insults from his fellow club members and ultimately embracing the monster that he truly is.

I've got a feeling this'll lead to a repeat of "The Tragedy of Butterfly Joe" what with Peko's knee pad and all but still… this manga… THIS MANGA…

peko's still a bit of a shit tho

neoanarch

A Bride's Story 36

Aww yeah best character is back.

Really good chapter, it gives you a real sense of loneliness. Our beloved doctor might be heading for a whole lot of trouble soon.

wonzo

Banned
Sakamoto desu ga 8

Wait, wouldn't salt just kill the slug?

I call bullshit on this otherwise realistic series.
He poured the salt around it in such a way that it actually wouldn't kill it and added the sugar to make it look like he finished the job. You dare doubt the great Sakamoto!?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He poured the salt around it in such a way that it actually wouldn't kill it and added the sugar to make it look like he finished the job. You dare doubt the great Sakamoto!?

I failed to consider that. I have wrongly maligned this great manga.

High. I mean it could be a red herring but Gyokuen's magi appearence from Ch.115 matches Sheba's adult appearance from the first flashback chapter pretty exactly.

It would be nice if the backstory fleshes her out more.

Umi no Misaki 127 (END)

Pretty sure this is the worst manga I've ever invested any real length of time into.

majikoi - 21

Zero bullshit. Just friendzone. It's nice to see a romance where a reasonably likable lead goes after the unequivocally best girl.

(The 'brother' thing is just something from their childhood where he agreed to be her underling/bro)
Started reading this a while back and enjoyed it a lot, but then stopped because I wanted to check out the anime or the VN or something (which I still haven't done). Not clicking that second link because it'll ruin the surprise, but it'd be super swell if it was archery girl.

upandaway

What is it with lolis and not being able to tell what's cauliflower and what's broccoli?

Is there something lost in translation that I'm not getting? Why is this so popular?

Nana to Kaoru Arashi is ending next month. Source: ANN

hmmm, just as the last translated chapter did something huge its ending in the next 2 (the chapter pic shown in the article plus the final)?

also now to see how it will work with the existing series (i assume that will continue as normal then a timeskip once it reaches the Arashi "time").

edit: its actually going to be 3 chapters.

kasane

hmmm, just as the last translated chapter did something huge its ending in the next 2 (the chapter pic shown in the article plus the final)?

also now to see how it will work with the existing series (i assume that will continue as normal then a timeskip once it reaches the Arashi "time").

NOOOO

dumbyugi

My guess is that it'll be a time skip with a "Please buy Nana to Kaoru Arashi to see what happens during their summer break" message.

My mistake as it will be 3 chapters since a chapter is already in the wild before in this new one used in the article.

My guess is that it'll be a time skip with a "Please buy Nana to Kaoru Arashi to see what happens during their summer break" message.

Indeed.

sounds like the best way to deal with that and they still have time to do stuff in the normal series before reaching there.

dumbyugi

Nanatsu no Taizai 69

This arc continues to be great. Gowther is probably my second favourite character so far, only losing to Ban. I can't wait to see him actually fight next time.

It's such a messy way to handle the story. Though I guess they justify it by making arashi more... hardcore.

yea but wouldn't that mean that the normal series will have to be on that level once it reaches and passes that point?

or will it be a one-off/phase thing (eg hey we wanted to try these out)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
can't I objectify women in peace

Anyway, I get why you'd feel disappointed in me picking a half naked girl, but I just feel like it best illustrates why she's so cool. She's riding a goddamn lion and doesn't give a shit about getting cut, she's just after blood. I can't even remember the last time I thought a character was cool the first time I saw them.

Gakkou Gurashi! 22
Teacher :( I wonder why she felt responsible for the outbreak

Vito

Banned
Read a few chapters of Hitoribocchi no Chikyuu Shinryaku the other day, not sure quite what to think of it yet, but definitely not bad:

Kouichi has looked forward to becoming a high schooler for one reason: to help continue his grandfather's coffee shop. But on the first day of school, a strange girl wearing an eerie mask tells him that she has come to take his life. She tells him that the heart beating within his chest is her own, and that she is an alien invader who has come to take over the world.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
yea but wouldn't that mean that the normal series will have to be on that level once it reaches and passes that point?

or will it be a one-off/phase thing (eg hey we wanted to try these out)

I dunno man, they've been building the collar up ever since they talked about wanting to get a unique one that would just fit her. I feel that the collar arc might be a way to finally get them the lead in to arashi, where they have finally turned into an item. Which is kinda ridiculous considering all the kinky shit they did to each other, but hey, manga romance.

This paragraph was weeeeird to write.

Akito

Read a few chapters of Hitoribocchi no Chikyuu Shinryaku the other day, not sure quite what to think of it yet, but definitely not bad:
It's a really cute "My girldfriend is an alien" type of story with a nice atmosphere. The chapters could come out at a quicker pace though.

Akito

Otoyomegatari 36
Oh boy, I fear for Mr. Smith if this will go the path I think it would go. Also too many perfect waifus in this manga man.
lol

I dunno man, they've been building the collar up ever since they talked about wanting to get a unique one that would just fit her. I feel that the collar arc might be a way to finally get them the lead in to arashi, where they have finally turned into an item. Which is kinda ridiculous considering all the kinky shit they did to each other, but hey, manga romance.

This paragraph was weeeeird to write.

hmmm
the collar thing shows that as they are progressing the S&M is doing it also (or is it vice versa haha) so i guess once they pass Arashi in the main series the breathers will get crazier. We'll see i guess.

Also with the bolded line
i just remembered that Arashi is still padding for their relationship stuff so a extra 45(?) already done.

last line
indeed lol

Savanna Game 5-6
BiXv-aUCIAE23fb.png

I kind of wish we had the novel or even the anime going as these short chapters are sometimes just not fulfilling. Developments also slowly take place so we are still at a place in which the game has yet to start.

Yuu's backstory was memorable while Fujiwara is a great presence.

Akudama 5 (end) (nonfiction pt2)

Both stories in this Akudama collection were memorable. Probably Nonfiction takes the prize as the best story in it as the lines blurring between Fumiyo's and Ichinose real life relationship and their on screen one for this drama made it rather emotional. Fortunately it didnt end like the drama they were filming (with them both going out with each other then suddenly they do it and then break up as Fumiyo goes and gets together with the girl and happily ever after). The practice scene kissing in part one and then the farewell scene on the beach and flowers were my favorite portions. The bonus story was good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom