• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

8Ythmzd.jpg

Renai Boukun 7-8

2 chapters with barely any yandere Akane.

How dreadful.

shes the best girl

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Pine in the Flower Garden 1
Welp, that's certainly not a phobia you encounter a lot. It took entirely too long to say that though. I got that he was afraid of flowers within the first few panels, thanks author.

Wonder if he found a dead body or something in flowers or whatever.
Glad I didn't bother to wait for translations of this. Not worth it. He has a phobia because
when he was a kid, he inadvertently caused his grandmother's death when he walked into traffic to get to a flower mascot, and a pick up truck filled with flowers hit her

Yoake ni Furu, 2

Dont really see whats wrong, but at least Daiki got to enjoy some time with Shouta. For Daiki's sake I hope we quickly get clarification on Shouta and his feelings with Hoshino as Id rather the Daiki and Shouta relationship get going. Oomori not having any facts to clear things up was disappointing, though it is all just hearsay. I did like how heroic Shouta was in the flashback from her point of view.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yozakura Quartet 74
Okay, I know I haven't caught up on this series in a while, but when did Hime finally admit she loved Akina?? Also, what chapter did Enjin almost kill Akina?

wonzo

Banned
Tetsuwan Girl 89

Uhhhhhhhh huh, that's one massive timeskip.

Kingdom 339-341

lol, the dude just fainted due to the shock and everyone's all overly dramatic about it.

Hantsu x Trash 35

He's totes gonna fuck it up like every other chance he's had. ._.

steins;fedora 14

She doesn't seem that the infertility bothers her that much so I don't think that'd be the main reason for her suicide. Hmn.

Foolworm

Stretch 1-14

Well, this is very much like Centaur's Worries in its mood shifts. The style seems awfully familiar...

I wish Prism was still running.... Don't disagree with the reasons it was put on hold for or anything of the sort, but I genuinely found it good to read.

scy

steins;fedora 14

She doesn't seem that the infertility bothers her that much so I don't think that'd be the main reason for her suicide. Hmn.

Probably some guy in her life that forces the situation somehow if I had to guess.

Maybe the MC is a murderer.

dun dun dunnnnnnnn

wonzo

Banned
Probably some guy in her life that forces the situation somehow if I had to guess.

Maybe the MC is a murderer.

dun dun dunnnnnnnn
Well, he did seem kinda shocked when she was standing right next to the train crossing so he was most likely involved in some way.

Hey remember about Kadokawa's ComicWalker?

TOKYO -- Kadokawa is launching a service that the Japanese publishing house hopes will become a pillar of its digital business -- ComicWalker, a free, online, worldwide manga comic distribution service available in Japanese, Chinese and English.

The service will start on March 22 by offering 200 titles of manga totaling 5,000 pages. It will be accessible on smartphones, tablets as well as personal computers. The Japanese lines can be switched to English or Chinese with a single command. The latest chapters will be available for free until the next chapter is published. After that, the older chapters will be available for purchase.

Kadokawa -- created last October through the reorganization of Kadokawa Group Holdings and its consolidation with nine subsidiaries -- plans to provide through the new service manga from up to 23 of the group's printed and web-based magazines. The publisher aims to have ComicWalker by the end of this year become one of Japan's biggest comic sites, with 1 million monthly-based users and 100 million page views.

Free, if you can wait

"These days, we don't see many people reading manga magazines on the train. Unless we do something, Japan's manga culture will decline," Senior Managing Director Shinichiro Inoue said.

The company says that ComicWalker will achieve two major goals if successful -- it will expose more young readers, who are more tech-savvy, to Kadokawa's manga library, and help export a comic culture particular to Japan to the rest of the world.

Of the 200 initial works, about 150 have been chosen from serialized manga comics printed in magazines. They are to be available on ComicWalker for two weeks after their print versions come out. This means that though users will have to wait two weeks for new stories, they will be able to continue reading a whole series for free.

The catch is that once a new chapter is available online, the older chapter gets archived at Kadokawa's online bookstore, Book Walker, where readers will have to pay for it. With this, Kadokawa hopes to broaden the scope of regular buyers of its comic books. The company also plans to offer about 50 manga works that are available only on ComicWalker.

Initially, 40 titles will be available in English and Chinese in addition to the original Japanese. "We want to provide French versions as well before very long," a Kadokawa executive said. "French-speaking countries include African nations where networks of bookshops remain underdeveloped. We would like people in Africa to also read Japanese manga."

Makes sense, though I wonder what titles will be available. Hopefully this doesn't kill print releases though.

A sub model would be much better…

Yeah, but Japan...

should have just dumped their content on Crunchyroll

what does Kadokawa currently publish that is good? I only recognize Inari.

They seem to be kings of video games adaptations so I wouldn't mind seeing some of those get put up

So it's kind of like the MangaBox website but with the option to pay to read old chapters. I think a sub model would work better but it's still better than nothing.

Well better than the old chapters being stuck app only

Damn, I thought we'd finally gotten the triangle resolved. Oh well, I'll have to catch up.

Oh with the ogre girl? I honesty forgot she had the feelings since it's been mostly TsunTsun all the way now.

Theres a title list?

Just a short list:

From ANN's initial story about this:

The service will feature 150 past and present works, including Kei Sanbe's Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Atto's Non Non Biyori, Eishi Ōzeki's Nobunaga the Fool, Mine Yoshizaki's Sgt. Frog, and Takuma Morishige's Tonari no Seki-kun manga. The service will also feature around 50 original titles, and Kadokawa plans to release the original titles in collected book form under a new label.

Past titles will include Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's Neon Genesis Evangelion and Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's Gundam: The Origin manga, and Kadokawa will release both titles on ComicWalker in a full-color version.

I ... I ... dear lord, what have I been doing wrong in my life.

You have been lacking an important part of your life

Doesnt seem to suggest that the 50 would be spinoffs, thankfully.

Well yeah, didn't say all of them will be spinoffs or adaptations.

Wait a minute, I just realized, Enterbrain is a subsidiary of Kadokawa so that means they have access to Harta magazine. Hmmm, this could end up being a good thing after all.

Lots of video game adaptations plz.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What chapter? I have no problems skipping ahead.

You sure?

The moment began at the end of

One other severely epic moment, this time at a more *personal* level but nonetheless still incredibly *epic*, is
. That Kyoukai smile <3333

I never said that AoT didn't look bad at times either, the art certainly has gotten a lot better from where it started something you can't say about molester man.. If a molester man gets remade by a real manga artist the way One Punch Man is or gets an anime that isn't completely made unwatchable like Aku no hana was I'll check it out for sure

So much objectionable content in one post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom