• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stealth Symphony 3
tumblr_n28ivy4GjZ1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

More large scale invading enemies are needed as I could watch Souya take them on all day. I wonder how Troma and Jig would fare against such an opponent. Though thats probably something in the far future,

Great third chapter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Okay, I'll give Seo points for having a gay character in a shonen who isn't a camp gay.

Main dude's bizarre obsession with twitter is weird. What the fuck do you even talk about if you have no real friends.

Fuuka

Okay, I'll give Seo points for having a gay character in a shonen who isn't a camp gay.

Main dude's bizarre obsession with twitter is weird. What the fuck do you even talk about if you have no real friends.

You could always tweet to a bot or something. Twitter isn't always a two way street.

We don't talk about that around here, it's taboo. Sort of like that one series Mz0 or something.

That's taboo to even mention it. :[

Who talks to their real life friends on Twitter? I use Facebook for that.

When IRL friends block you on twitter though keep you friends on facebook, odd situatins peole have with social media apps.

Don't think I talk to much on facebook except family and hs friends, twitter for college friends.

Google Talk for actual conversations or txts.

One-Punch Man 34
tumblr_n28o6ppZ6q1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Cast around Saitama continues to display overwhelming and great powers. Stopping every bullet was incredible.

Slightly disappointed that it doesnt appear that Genos will do anything this arc.

Kagen no Tsuki 1-16 (END)

Man, I'm on a roll at the moment. From the first chapter, this looked like it was shaping up to be uninspiring shoujo romance #168 between a highschool girl and a rock musician. Then shit happened and it turned out the actual story is an awesome mystery where a group of junior Scooby-Doo wannabes attempt to uncover the truth behind the ghost of an abandoned house. Really interesting and gripping read that rarely put a foot wrong, with enough twists to ensure the story stayed fresh throughout. Incidentally, it ran in the same magazine as Screaming Lessons, albeit some 15 years ago.

BLue Exorcist 55
tumblr_n28oy0LACL1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Shima's flame attack was the highlight of this potentially Resident Evil~ish or even any other recent Zombie type series chapter, the laboratory setting made me think of RE a bit first, even more the head of research likened it to a movie as well. I think Shima kind of made it clear that he is not wholly committed under their cause and is maybe wanting their trust.

The arc has taken a huge leap for the better these last few chapters. Also why are the Illuminati folks interested in Yukio?

Lain

Kagen no Tsuki 1-16 (END)

Man, I'm on a roll at the moment. From the first chapter, this looked like it was shaping up to be uninspiring shoujo romance #168 between a highschool girl and a rock musician. Then shit happened and it turned out the actual story is an awesome mystery where a group of junior Scooby-Doo wannabes attempt to uncover the truth behind the ghost of an abandoned house. Really interesting and gripping read that rarely put a foot wrong, with enough twists to ensure the story stayed fresh throughout. Incidentally, it ran in the same magazine as Screaming Lessons, albeit some 15 years ago.

I still have to read the second volume for this. Also it's by the NANA author, of course it was gonna be good!

iavi

Nisekoi

Started reading this after watching the anime. It's fun. Funny as hell in moments. But this is never going to go anywhere is it?

Stealth Symphony 1-2

Hmm, not sure how I feel about a story about dragons. Kinda disappointed that 2 of the new SJ mangas are about fantasy creatures, but oh well. I like the whole, gear on his back story. That's pretty interesting. It also has some good art. Can't say the protagonist has made me like him yet, since he's mostly been depressed this whole time. It's only the first 2 chapters, so I'm guessing he'll change in a little while. Invisible Man is somewhat an interesting character.

Will keep reading for now. So far, I'm pretty meh about it.

scy

Nisekoi

Started reading this after watching the anime. It's fun. Funny as hell in moments. But this is never going to go anywhere is it?

It'll get somewhere eventually but just don't expect developments and it'll fine.

I say that as the person who remembers to whine about developments every week.

It's just a quick 4 pages cover story from fellows magazine vol 4 from 2009

bless akito for having a high quality version of the cover

Well, now I'm interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom