• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
dakku, you haven't read 14-sai yet? you are making Kanata sad, go correct that mistake
SlvMJ9E.png

That's arashi, the side story.
oh, that makes more sense

survivor

Banned
Mother Sarah vol 2

I was surprised at how fast it took me to read this volume then I realized there wasn't a lot of dialogues. It's not say Blame levels of nothing being said, but there were a lot of pages dedicated to showing the environments and relying on visuals to tell characters actions and feelings which is a really good thing.

Yoake ni Furu, 02

All that inner turmoil. It's deliciously good.

Yes, there's drama, but it's extremely low key and something that could easily be talked over. I rather like it.

Mother Sarah vol 1

Post apocalyptic sci-fi story by the Akira guy, Otomo Katsuhiro. Surprisngly the art isn't done by him which is weird since the art in Akira was competent enough. Either way, it's not a big deal since the other artist is fucking awesome at doing large scale doublespreads. The story seems to revolve around Sarah trying to find her children after humanity was able to come down to Earth and live there again. There isn't enough to judge the story, but the art is really immersive and the action scenes are fluid and fast which is a really good thing in these type of manga. Excited to read the rest.

it's good and depressing.

Seven Deadly Sins vol 4 (20-29.5)
BiaIjAYCMAA1iqb.png

King continues to be my reason for going along with the series. He delivered on being so far the most powerful character as the fairy king and the one with the best weapon. That spear and all its forms were amazing in the destruction of Gaira(sp?).

I was disappointed in the backstory as it seems so odd that Ban would be into romance like that and then we got two kisses out of it which felt forced and out of place in the context of this series. That could have been something left to the fandom and not something to be thrust in our face at this time. No wonder King has such a personality in regards to Ban and needs to keep watch over him. Though it is fortunate that Elaine is now removed and out of the way of the plot as we can focus on bigger and better things.

Meliodas complete eradication of the land teased in the story told by the ones with Gilthunder was incredible. Unfortunately it has to be fake as there is no way he could be that monstrous and dark. Why else would everyone follow him?

The last volume on Crunchyroll before it switched to the magazine scans. Perhaps this means that I will finally get to see how well the artist does colour pages?

Korosenai

BiaIjAYCMAA1iqb.png

King continues to be my reason for going along with the series. He delivered on being so far the most powerful character as the fairy king and the one with the best weapon. That spear and all its forms were amazing in the destruction of Gaira(sp?).

I was disappointed in the backstory as it seems so odd that Ban would be into romance like that and then we got two kisses out of it which felt forced and out of place in the context of this series. That could have been something left to the fandom and not something to be thrust in our face at this time. No wonder King has such a personality in regards to Ban and needs to keep watch over him. Though it is fortunate that Elaine is now removed and out of the way of the plot as we can focus on bigger and better things.

Meliodas complete eradication of the land teased in the story told by the ones with Gilthunder was incredible. Unfortunately it has to be fake as there is no way he could be that monstrous and dark. Why else would everyone follow him?

The last volume on Crunchyroll before it switched to the magazine scans. Perhaps this means that I will finally get to see how well the artist does colour pages?

Well, she was Geera, but according to the latest scan she's now Guila.

dumbyugi

BiaIjAYCMAA1iqb.png

You only didn't like Bans backstory because it sunk your Ban X King ship.

Stealth Symphony 02

Invisible guy is best character.

Hm, so that's why this series is called this. Found it pretty interesting and I wouldn't mind seeing more of these two companies acting against each other.

Kokushi Musou!! 7 - 8

The manga doesnt do much to make me interested in more martial arts series but it still offers some form of entertaining. Im kind of hoping for joe schmoe to do a bit more than just being there as I want to see how far a normal non prodigy can get in a universe with Ro and Kid. Ro and Kid seem like the guaranteed team up (personality clashes, but skilled), while Mugi, since she is hanging around would probably team up with Sano. No real point giving him much attention if he will be knocked out of this game.

Lain

The Day Before Summer volume 4
GbC.jpg

Goddammit Tetsuo, what the fuck are you doing?!?!
Hanami is cute and all, but Akira is the perfect waifu!
Seeing Akira's face
contorted with tears after she saw his drawing of Hanami was heartrending.
What I wasn't expecting was
that hate sex she forced on him right afterward, though it was mostly given, as she milked him in basically.
It's so weird, feeling both aroused and put off at the same time because of what you're seeing and what you're feeling.

Now how long will I have to wait for volume 5?!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Stretch 15
Hah, Ran was blushing red at the knowledge that Keiko was having sex when she was in high school, but now she's teasing her about it. How things change

Akito

The Day Before Summer volume 4
GbC.jpg

Goddammit Tetsuo, what the fuck are you doing?!?!
Hanami is cute and all, but Akira is the perfect waifu!
Seeing Akira's face
contorted with tears after she saw his drawing of Hanami was heartrending.
What I wasn't expecting was
that hate sex she forced on him right afterward, though it was mostly given, as she milked him in basically.
It's so weird, feeling both aroused and put off at the same time because of what you're seeing and what you're feeling.

Now how long will I have to wait for volume 5?!
A whole year I guess, that's the gap between the release of each volume in Japan, too :|
Also yes, Tetsuo is a fucking idiot.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Kagerou Days 21
Ehhhh, I ended up looking at the songs for the plot and can't be bothered with this series anymore I think. The only girl I'm interested in
dies permanently anyway, and I don't think Ene and Konoha get their happy ending together. :\

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yoake ni Furu 2
Damn, my poor ship. :'( If only I could get a shojo with that kind of scenario without it being laden with stupid forced drama

edit:
Kagerou Days

I'm all caught up but don't understand chapters 16-20. Can someone help?
This is my interpretation, but the sensei killed Haruka and Takane to use their bodies in an experiment, which is creating Haruka's avatar Konoha from his body I guess. The snake made Takane's residual spirit into Ene, who goes to Shintaro. The black haired guy is the evil version of Konoha who kills everyone for whatever reason. After Shintaro dies and meets up with his childhood friend (forget her name), time rewinds to the beginning. This is an alternate scenario where he doesn't spill soda onto his keyboard, but into the rabbit food instead. No one's aware that time has rewinded as of yet.

Kuchizuke wa Uso no Aji 01

Successful CEO gets charmed by a bartender, sleeps with him and loses all his money afterwards.

Pretty average so far, though I guess it depends on how this relationship game plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom