• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

ZERO (Matsumoto Taiyou)

if3li454Yv1jh.jpg

Jumping onto the Matsumoto hype-train and getting to things I haven't read before.

Spent most of my evening going through the two volumes of this manga. One of his earlier works but still really good. The story of a aging world champion boxer looking for his last satisfying fight was an interesting perspective to take. Most of volume one set the stage establishing the main character and preparing for the main fight while the second volume focused almost entirely on the climactic fight between Goshima and his opponent. I personally wasn't digging the art as much as I did with Matsumoto's other works but it lent itself very well in conveying the almost animalistic tenacity from each fighter during the fight. Not only from a physical standpoint but also from a psychological perspective, the fight was amazingly intense from start to finish. I still can't help but feel that it ended too abruptly though. Would've liked a little more story after the match but despite that, it was a very good read.

kasane

Seven deadly sins -69

so gowther is lust because he/she can withstand his/her body being played around with?

well ok

Edit: Ok Id was actually updated

today is a good day

Lain

To read Peephole on Android I had to go to the Mangabox mobile site, can't do it through the app. Also I think chapter 2 is expired forever? Huh.

I don't have any smartphone or tablet devices, so I'm stuck emulating the app lol I'm fucked I guess!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kunisaki izumo no jijou 6

So this is like glass mask, only it's about kabuki, and more shounen as opposed to shoujo, with crossdressing as well as some elements of yaoi.

Fucking awesome.

upandaway

which one?

first love suicide pact?

haven't seen to many of those
Haven't seen it in a manga but it's not that unusual in other things

The actual meeting on the rooftop in the last second is something I've only seen in one other place before though, it's pretty funny.

Akito

He is the ever typical artist guy, it's almost a parody. With tendency to be lonely and depressed, with a strong need to express his art but suffering because he never will be good enough, adoring his art subjects but conflicted because he can't catch the super magical divine essence of them in paper, etc. So yeah, he is kind of a idiot.
About the cute girl, for him she is a kind of a sunflower, he is also obsessed with them, but in the end they are just art subjects.

Yeah, I guess it's up to Akira whether she has a problem with that. The same for his friend.

14-sai no Koi 21

I went to bed last night saying I'd leave the last few chapters for today. I lasted 5 minutes before I grabbed the iPad and read the rest before going to sleep.

Dat sensei though. :3

Lain

Yeah, I guess it's up to Akira whether she has a problem with that. The same for his friend.

His friend loves him and is happy he goes out with his girlfriend in his place.
Akira on the other hand doesn't look all that happy though.1 2.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kunisaki izumo no jijou 26

Ya know, something's been bothering me about this manga for awhile.

While I accept all the ad libbing and improvisation in glass mask because it's fairly common in theatre and it's done incredibly well, isn't ad libbing and improvisation pretty much not done in kabuki?

Also the way they do the ad lib is as a way to help the other actors go through character developement or whatever, but it's pretty poorly integrated into the play itself.

Wish this has more kabuki honestly.

Also dude looks too much like hayate, which I always maintain has a terrible hairstyle for a girly dude.

kasane

Aku no hana - 55

So wait, they just moved on and its done? i dunno how i feel about this

Seishun Pop! 44

Yeah, he's doing a pretty good job of supporting his sister if you know what I mean. If this is Ayano's last word on the subject then I'll eat an overpriced bass guitar.

well sucks that i accidentally read the final chapter back then

Edit: AKU NO HANA ISNT DONE YET YAY

Omairi desu yo 7a
tumblr_n2a2lsbb401qbxqfpo1_500.png

The trip was the best thing for the series first chapter in this new year, but then the ending page. such a tease and cliffhanger for a series that still only updates litrally every two months.

Yocchan and Kenji needed to come on the trip too, but of course my Kenji has to be the one that doesnt go on trips for broke losers :

scy

14-sai no Koi seems like a weird series to be applying that too.

Actually, can we find a way to add an adorable yandere?

scy

Absolute Duo 0-1 - I need something trashy to read so I chose this.

pls don't kill her already. I know she's not main girl but please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom