• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foolworm

He's at it again!

3jC.jpg

Pls don't take this post seriously

Even then, I can't help but brace myself for the worst.

Funny thing is, song lyrics are always credited properly. Maybe it's because text is easier to search.

Am I going to have to read Game Over to understand what's upcoming in 14-sai no Koi?

Ahhhhh, don't give me grief for not reading Game Over yet.

Nordicus

Looking For a Father 4

Having lived with some casually rapey step-parent(s) understandably leaves you with a few niggling trust issues

Can't wait to see the reveal about our protag's past next chapter. Assuming that damn con artist isn't full of shit, and she likely might

scy

Apparently my goal for this OT is to get everyone to read 14-sai no Koi and Game Over.

Hrm.

Probably better than all the trash I read.

Kouya no Koi 1-12 (END)

jLQKBBI.jpg

Not quite what I was expecting. On the surface it was a romance story between a shy young girl and the son of her father's new wife, but at its heart it was more of a tale about adolescence, change and growing up. The writing felt fairly awkward throughout, and a part of me wonders whether that was intentional as a reflection of the subject matter. With it being a shoujo, I was surprised to see some yuri in there, although far less surprised that it was handled tastefully. Nothing particularly noteworthy overall, but it kept me reading until the end.

14-sai 21.5

Crossover with Game Over, cool.

Is that even allowed? The radiation of accumulation of awesomeness in the same point could cause causer. I'm just saying.

scy

psh, I read 14-sai no koi and game over before it was cool. /hipster

I read Game Over sometime last year (probably when it was first put up) but brought it up recently since some people had picked up 14-sai no Koi :x

now I have to go read that Kouya no Koi since it looks like something I have to read.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Looking For a Father 4

Having lived with some casually rapey step-parent(s) understandably leaves you with a few niggling trust issues

Can't wait to see the reveal about our protag's past next chapter. Assuming that damn con artist isn't full of shit, and she likely might

guys

guys

guys

you've gone far enough.

scy

The dialogue is eh but I don't remember much actually "too far" with Looking for a Father so far.

Wagatsuma 83 - She's not very interesting so far.

Yamada 101 - Hm. That resolved pretty fast. Adorable way to go about it to.

Shiraishi reduced to text message appearances.

Tripon

Yamada 101

Thought the basketball chick was a girl who liked girls, but in reality she just wanted to go on an ideal date. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

survivor

Banned
Mother Sarah vol 6-7
cool colour pages from volume 6 here

One weak aspect of the story so far is the politics have been pretty shallow. Mostly generic evil army generals smirking and laughing to themselves while they announce their evil plans. Outside of some little details about the ideologies of Mother Earth and Epoch factions, there is really no depth about them which made all the peace talks not that exciting. And as expected, they were all assholes and they are scheming something that will probably fuck more people.

The action scenes on the other hand are still quite good to look at. And the background art is still as impressive as ever.

Yamada 101

Aww lol. Yamada harem +1. I guess there will be some part later where Shiraishi turns out to be jealous/is jealous and Yamada will have to solve it or something. You know Odagiri is always waiting, Yamada (those reactions haha).

scy

bnSGG8u.png

Kouya no Koi 1-9 - How bittersweet. What a sad way to en--wait, there's more?

Well, anyway. 10-12 adds a little bit of extra drama I guess but mostly just hammers in some more of the "growing up" plot. The amount of run down women in her life really ... hurts, I guess, for lack of a better way to put it. The father is pretty awful too. Is every adult here broken somehow? Or maybe that's part of the message here.

I'm glad it ends where it does if only so I can kind of forget that there's little chance that the household won't break down somehow in the not-so-distant future. Not even sure if the kid would stabilize that with how shitty the dad is.

14-sai 21.5

kept hearing that the Game Over characters appear so i had to check this chapter.

nice seeing the backstory of that being fleshed out, especially from his side since he only mentioned a part of it as his
confession
in that story.

Game Over 1

I think I totally read a different manga from the people above, this was about some chick trying to get a guy to look at her and at the end she discovered he was staring at her reflection the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom