• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Liar Kiss oneshot
Holy shit this was awful. He basically forced himself on her because she reminded him of his ex, and then they become friends somehow??? and she falls for him because he stole her first kiss?? what. Do Japanese girls find this romantic??

Marche90

Wagatsuma-san 83

Welp. I just pray for this arc to be short. I don't like the new character at all.

Majikoi 1-14

I already read this one before, but I needed to remember how it went more or less, since I read it before it was completed.

Also, Moro crossdressing: Hilarity ensues.

So much for trying to keep the impressions coming. Jeez, that sorta-ADD of mine
it's not diagnosticated, but I think that's the case with me

might just be the translation. *shrugs*

I remember trying to follow Soul Eater when it was still being released.

Being a monthly release didn't help.

It also didn't help I was going through chapters of nothing but black and chaos which pretty much meant I had no idea what was going on.

Couldn't even bring myself to start from where the anime deviated recently, lol.

wonzo

Banned
Ping Pong 45-55 END
pingpong46.png
pingpong53.png

Just beautiful.

Everything from the art to the way it thematically tied up was simply beautiful.

There's really nothing more to be said, this is a masterpiece among masterpieces.

ZERO

Another fantastic Taiyou Matsumoto series about Goshima, an utter beast of a boxer nearing old age whom is looking for someone to finally end him in the only place he can really call home, the ring. It's honestly an incredibly depressing story and one of the rare times I've genuinely wished for the death of the main character out of sheer empathy. ;-;

Bungo Stray Dogs 01

In simple terms, a group of special ability users form a detective group to solve the unknown cases in this town.

Premise is pretty generic, though the powers might be interesting. The characters are kinda interesting and it does seem to borrow heavy some literature so that could be cool. It's average but not terrible average so I'll keep reading.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cheer because Wednesdays are that much closer to becoming a bad memory.

Big One

Banned
Cheer because Wednesdays are that much closer to becoming a bad memory.
Honestly beats talking about hentai/ecchi series all day long. Never got the hate for Wednesday-GAF. If you guys want to parade around like you're reading something legitimate you need to look at some other series than the ones posted here. Don't pretend this is a place where people are consistently reading the best manga has to offer outside of a few users like flawfuls who imo is unmatched in this regard.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Honestly beats talking about hentai/ecchi series all day long. Never got the hate for Wednesday-GAF. If you guys want to parade around like you're reading something legitimate you need to look at some other series than the ones posted here. Don't pretend this is a place where people are consistently reading the best manga has to offer outside of a few users like flawfuls who imo is unmatched in this regard.

You always need to *look down*, do you?

Big One

Banned
I would be more actively reading manga but...bleh, honestly manga is pretty dead to me right now. I am, however, getting back into collecting comics so anyone who can give me suggestions for some good buys I might not have read, I'm more than welcome. I know, >buy manga, but I'm trying to build up a legitimate collection. I want to mainly buy stuff I've never read before, strangely enough, as a way to build my collection. I'll accept Western comics too and Korean stuff.

Things I'm wanting to buy that I have read:
Berserk volume 16-current (need to update my collection)
Vagabond up to current
One Piece ALL DA VOLUMES ( have like 20+, it'll get crazy...but this isn't a huge priority for me)
Oldboy
Akira
All the Urasawa stuff prob starting with PLUTO
REAL (is this in English?)
Hunter x Hunter ALL DA VOLUMES
Detroit Metal City (maybe...)
Bokurano (I also want to check out Shadow Star though I heard it was kind of fucked up...like worse than Bokurano)
Battle Angel Alita
Anything by Tezuka
Vinland Saga
Yotsubato!

dumbyugi

Why do you always seem to be looking down on people. What makes one manga more "legitimate" then any other?

Big One

Banned
Why do you always seem to be looking down on people. What makes one manga more "legitimate" then any other?
The twist is that there isn't one, which is what I'm trying to say. I'm saying that if you're trying to get into the artsy fartsy part of the medium, then a lot of the manga people reading here are just as low bar, if not more than something like Naruto. I just wanted to make that point. I love manga, personally. I just hate the sense of entitlement people have about their taste in pretty much anything.

Dartastic

Naruto

Normally, I'm pretty whatever re: this manga. Today? Yeah. Saddddd. Talk whatever shit you want to talk about with flashbacks, but like, it's fucking Gai (Guy? Whatever.) Sensei.

MAIIIITOOOO GAIIIIIIIIIIII

Amikami

Banned
Naruto

Maito Dai Forever a Genin.

Boring chapter though. Now's not the time for flashbacks. Just breaks the action when you devote an entire chapter to it and another chapter won't be released for a week.

Jintor

mangaf is fighting now?

we'll fight against ourselves, but we'll all team up against big one. but he'll reveal his super secret move he's been holding back the whole time and defeat us all, then circumstances will force him to depart before he can kill anybody major.

Naruto

How disappointing... :(

I was all hyped up for Gai to kick some ass only to get a flashback and a boring one at that. No scene of Might Dai using his gates to fight and give his son's team a chance to escape.

So freaking lame. Hope next week is better.

kurahador

Naruto
Well that was boring and cliche as fuck. If Gai does not dier afterwards, this chapter is pretty much a filler.

Bleach
That is some ridiculous power.
And as expected...Kenpachi!!
6Dv0il8.jpg

upandaway

Toriko

:lol Toriko and Komatsu ready to jump in the bath. That sure was a silly chapter.

Didn't expect him to outright talk like a person. It's standard Toriko-style escalation, haha. Nitro used to be such a big deal.

I guess there was an ancient civilization of Nitro that collapsed or something. There's also the whole "from outer space" and "planet expanding" thing that I almost forgot about completely. Actually I did up until this sentence.

Bleach

Whoa what the fuck! Kensei and Rose are DEAD! ;_;

Yachiru is heavily injured and this new guy can make his IMAGINATION reality.... WTF!!!

That is the most BROKEN thing ever! I can imagine you are weaker than me, end battle. I can imagine your heart stopped, battle over.....

Like wow Kubo thats a deus ex machina power if there ever was one.

But the real news is that Kenpachi is here with his shikai/bankai. So who wants to die? That new guy Guremii does apparently.

Hope Unohana is alive and well and can revive Kensei and Rose.

NateDrake

Bleach

Yachiru is heavily injured and this new guy can make his IMAGINATION reality.... WTF!!!

That is the most BROKEN thing ever! I can imagine you are weaker than me, end battle. I can imagine your heart stopped, battle over.....

But the real news is that Kenpachi is here with his shikai/bankai. So who wants to die? That new guy Guremii does apparently.

I'm thinking the person he says it to must think/imagine the same thing for it to happen. Saying "Your arm is a cookie" and then thinking 'what if my arm is a cookie' is what makes it happen.

I thought Aizen was broken with his complete hypnosis but fuck that. Imagination.....

God the shit I would pull off if I had that kind of abusive power. Now of course its probably limited somehow to only working on the opponent and not the self or the environment and some people might be immune but fuck,,,,

Imagination becomes reality. My mind has just been blown at how OP this guy could be.

Like Bach could cry a river that he has everyone's powers but this one takes the cake for real.

The cake is not a lie for him. He gets Half Life 3 and The Last Guardian as well.

Hypron

I'm thinking the person he says it to must think/imagine the same thing for it to happen. Saying "Your arm is a cookie" and then thinking 'what if my arm is a cookie' is what makes it happen.

Yeah.

I'm expecting Kenpachi to not have a very vivid imagination. I hope he curbstomps that guy.

I thought Aizen was broken with his complete hypnosis but fuck that. Imagination.....

God the shit I would pull off if I had that kind of abusive power. Now of course its probably limited somehow to only working on the opponent and not the self or the environment and some people might be immune but fuck,,,,

Imagination becomes reality. My mind has just been blown at how OP this guy could be.

Like Bach could cry a river that he has everyone's powers but this one takes the cake for real.

I guess you don't read FT , they had a guy in the manga that had Imagination powers .
It really depends on the weakness to see how broken he is .

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kenpachi just needs to tell him to imagine if he was never born.

Boom ezito.

Too bad he's too stupid to think of anything like that.

Incoming three handed mendo (he gets the third hand from the power of imagination!)

Vito

Banned
Yamada 101

Sporty tomboy girls truly are the best...

Somehow not surprised Kotaku and Sankaku ran the article. By spoilers this would mean they'd technically also go after ANN's watermarked leaks and MangaGAF's big 3 Wednesday since you all basically read illegal scanslations that are posted 5 days early, WSJ isn't out until Monday and that includes Viz's legal release. Which is kinda funny since anyone trying to support the legal simulpublishing is fucked when it comes to spoilers, I wonder how many people actually even realize that.

I guess you don't read FT they had a guy in the manga that had Imagination powers .
It really depends on the weakness to see how broken he is .

No that kid Rustyrose had the power of imagination in magic form but it was limited by a ton of stuff, the most being that he could make stuff with his imagination but he was limited by his magic amount and that it can't work directly on humans besides him making some items with his magic such as unbreakable chains.

We just saw Guremii turn Yachiru's arm into cookies by the power of his imagination.

If you can effect others with your imagination, that is so broken.

Anyways lets see if OP is just as crazy this week.

Andeeeh

Bleach

Didn't Aizen pull some BS with Soi Fon's Bankai? Saying that you can override powers if you have high enough reiastu.

I predict that that kid is going to imagine some shit and nothing will happen. Then Kenpachi will just chop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom