• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Game Over 1

I think I totally read a different manga from the people above, this was about some chick trying to get a guy to look at her and at the end she discovered he was staring at her reflection the whole time.

the manga has 3 short stories separate from the main story which you just read

dakku's post was reviewing the first one.

the manga has 3 short stories separate from the main story which you just read

dakku's post was reviewing the first one.

So should I have read the short stories first?

Game Over 2

First time I've ever seen a love story between an older woman and a young boy, pretty entertaining thus far.

See was that hard? I guess I'll start something I should have done ages ago

14- Sai no koi 1

Manly men have Adams Apples!

Man, I just never got around to it.

I hope everyone's happy I'm dropping everything else to read this right now. ;_;

Game Over 02

Adorable cakes. Adorable faces. Adorable. Adorable.

I have an identity crisis now, who am I?
800px-Yamcha_found_dead.jpg

Game Over Side Story 2

That was pretty adorable, this author really does love his shota though

Game Over Side Story 3

That was short but sweet

UQ! Holder 26

Wow that throw to the moon was rather incredible. Really dont see things like that in the genre these days anymore. Hopefully Tota exhibits more competency with fighting and wont fall victim to such a toss.

Kettch

About how I die if I lose my virginity

This has been surprisingly good. My theory on what happened:
I think it's all going to come back to glasses girl. She's clearly friends with Masaki, they've possibly known each other a while. We know Kazuya screws her up emotionally during/after their relationship. My guess is that Masaki tries to pick up the pieces with her, but ends up failing in the end, and she kills herself. He then blames Kazuya for it all which leads to the strangling. Would explain why he gets premonitions when he gets close to any girl, as the only good ending would be responding to her feelings.

I'm also wondering whether Masaki is his older self as well or not. Lots of times I feel like it, when he gets his death stare going and knowing about Yoshino's boyfriend. Not sure his actions overall really fit in with that though.

Stealth Symphony 03

I like that the assassin baker will seem to be a major character in this series.

The dialogue is still enjoyable and it actually looks like we're gonna get some plot.

scy

Wait 'til you see Chapter 11. GAF is gonna flip.

...goddamnit, now I'm going to have to read this.

About how I die if I lose my virginity

I'm also wondering whether Masaki is his older self as well or not. Lots of times I feel like it, when he gets his death stare going and knowing about Yoshino's boyfriend. Not sure his actions overall really fit in with that though.

Hm.
I think I could see that. Would put an entirely different spin on a lot of his conversations with him. And it would totally explain the seemingly massive amount of hate he's throwing his way if he remembers how much he hated him when he went to kill him.

I definitely like him.

Kinda felt things moved a little too quick with the whole world ending and him deciding to become a Magician though.

Gotta take these things in stride.

scy

I don't really like gender bender all that much.

Yes, I realize the irony of that with how much I enjoyed Kanojo ni Naru Hi.

Well, I might as well read through it now though.

scy

Boku Girl 1 - Mirrors and confessions, this could have been a better Harisugawa plot line.

Anyway, man, poor guy, shot down like that in the first chapter. Er, sort of shot down. And I guess no longer a guy. Hm.

Charade

Yamada 101

So Yamada's got that power now, huh. Now's your chance, order Shiraishi to forget about you and hook up with Odagiri.

Getting Used to Being Friends by Fujiwara Ei (oneshot)

Two friends half-jokingly go to city hall to submit a marriage registration. Soul crushing ending, but I liked it all the same. I need stuff like this to balance out all the sweetness I've been reading lately.

-------------------------------

On that note, I recently learned that the first couple chapters of Yuri Danshi were in fact translated, but the project has been in limbo for several months. A few of us were discussing this a while ago, so I thought I'd share.

survivor

Banned
What kind of romance story do I need with a super complicated love web that can make me feel like shit.

Maybe Punpun? Although it doesn't have a complex love web. I suppose something like Please Save my Earth might be more fitting for that, but I haven't really finished reading so I'm not sure if it stays good all the way to the end.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken 10

What a thighs muscle heavy chapter.

I guess the harem is now complete until we add more people.

scy

14-Sai no Koi 4

There is too much blushing in this for MY HEART

Just step away and take a few breaths. If you do too much at once, you might OD.

Boku Girl 7 - HOW STUPID IS THIS GIRL.

...wait, Loki is a girl?!

Edit: All caught up now. welp. This is certainly a thing. Good luck childhood friend route.

Robotics;Notes - Revival Legacy 02

Mini robot fighting isn't as interesting as it was on the anime.

But then again, I hated that part of the anime anyway so whatever.

Just step away and take a few breaths. If you do too much at once, you might OD.

Boku Girl 7 - HOW STUPID IS THIS GIRL.

...wait, Loki is a girl?!

Edit: All caught up now. welp. This is certainly a thing. Good luck childhood friend route.

Takeru route is only, best, only route.

comic book artists seem to be taking more inspiration from ̶d̶o̶u̶j̶i̶n̶ manga.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=104026560&postcount=35

Makes some things look classy.

14-sai no Koi 3.5-5.8

At first I wasn't all that thrilled about the guy finding out about this relationship.

And then he got stalked by the music teacher and I couldn't have been anymore happier.

scy

Stealth Symphony 3 - For the world this manga is in (and the cutthroat nature of serialization, apparently), this is really developing a bit slow. Maybe that's enough, though? I dunno. I mean, I want to see more but part of it is just due to wondering what it's going to do.

Living Dead! 1 - It's silly zombie girl moe.

Jintor

14-Sai 21.5

Dawwww. But that means Game Over isn't going to properly resolve for another 5 years or whatever after 14-Sai is over :<

Monster Musume c08

This is probably not the right manga to read right after finish the one-two daww-punch that is Game Over and 14 Sai.

Soul Eater

I can't believe Bones made such a stylish anime based off this inconsistent, weirdly paced... strangeness.

Busaiku

This was a couple pages back, but you can read Peephole on Android through the app, just not the first 3 chapters.
Same with Green Worldz.
District Hakkenshi is 2 chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom