• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Seven Deadly Sins 1
BgxrylBCUAAYygY.png:large
Well that certainly wasnt what I expected the manga to be and involve based on the cover, it made Meliodas seem like the seven deadly sins while the poster gives a different and darker impression. Its hard to buy the didnt age story as it doesnt even seem like there is magic here, perhaps its confused identity.

Either way I just hope the story isnt one of just collection the seven as that'd be a bit boring. Will continue for now since I do have space for another long series, hopefully Meliodas can be joined by some good character designs and the sword reforged into something quite epic.

The Seven Deadly Sins 1

Well that certainly wasnt what I expected the manga to be and involve based on the cover, it made Meliodas seem like the seven deadly sins while the poster gives a different and darker impression. Its hard to buy the didnt age story as it doesnt even seem like there is magic here, perhaps its confused identity.

Either way I just hope the story isnt one of just collection the seven as that'd be a bit boring. Will continue for now since I do have space for another long series, hopefully Meliodas can be joined by some good character designs and the sword reforged into something quite epic.
Support the mangaka brah. It comes out next month!

Kieli

I wish Nakaba kept the more mature rendition of Diane from the first 20 chapters (or so). I don't like the moe-blob face she's got going on right now.

One-Punch Man v1 (reread, kindle version v1)

Im impressed with how they did the redraws and did the english sound effects for everything, fitting in line similarly to how the JPN sfx were to blend into on panel action and its orientation and etc. Looks great on my kindle hd and love how all the page spreads turned out.

His shirt with mob psycho on it in that school bonus story was amazing, and I like him with hair on his head. Will definitely keep getting them.

kasane

One-Punch Man v1 (reread, kindle version v1)

Im impressed with how they did the redraws and did the english sound effects for everything, fitting in line similarly to how the JPN sfx were to blend into on panel action and its orientation and etc. Looks great on my kindle hd and love how all the page spreads turned out.

His shirt with mob psycho on it in that school bonus story was amazing, and I like him with hair on his head. Will definitely keep getting them.

the bald look actually grew on me

Korosenai

The Seven Deadly Sins 1

Its hard to tell right now, but you might like it when Ban shows up.

Yonafunu

SIDOOH 1-127

Cool series so far. Very high on the historical aspect, which is fun, because I don't know anything about the late Edo Period and Meiji Restoration expect what Gintama taught me. It's cool to see some of the characters I do know appear, like Takasugi Shinsaku and Hijikata Toshiro.
I like the main characters. Gentarou annoyed me in the beginning, but he's growing on me. The one thing I feel hasn't been explained well enough is their sudden acceptance of the Byakushin philosophy in the two years they were there. I get that they were young, and they were kept safe and fed well, but still, I feel we should've seen at least part of the indoctrination taking place. Byakushin tried to kill them, for gods sake. This might just be me though.
The art is really good. It's always nice to see an artist improve throughout. Some of the action still looks a bit awkward, but that's a major nitpick, seeing the general quality of the art.

Iron Knight 6

Perhaps because I was listening to unchain. (instrumental) - maon kurosaki...that the chapter ending feeling extremely intense and actiony. Teppei rushing in to save his friend that abandoned him, then rushing in at 120% then needing cool down period just worked in unison to make it fun. The story is still incredibly predictable but it was done in an enjoyable way.

Cerity

Girls of the Wild's 125

We're in the competition again breh, the fight is actually happening. Some guys are about to ruin the party but they'll be cleaned up by the next chapter hopefully.

survivor

Banned
14-sai no Koi vol 2
Surprised to see the addition of another character that starts the potential albeit doomed yuri pairing. I don't really expect Aoi crush on Kanata to go anywhere sadly. Nor do I really expect the manga to tackle it or even have any serious drama about it. So far, the story been mostly concerned with showing how adorable the 2 couples are and some lighthearted issues with Kanata and Kazuki not being to hang out together. A silly love triangle would ruin all that.

Sensei x Nagai continues to be the best couple in the manga if just for the male tsundere archetype and all that teasing and manipulation by the teacher.

Wiseblade

BEHOLD MY TRUE REGION LOCK AND DESPAIR!
Yet they HAVE THE NERVE to send me promotional emails about their new digital releases. It's ridiculos. It's one thing to not want my money. But to then taunt me with things I can't have? They're lucky I have a conscience and a compulsion to complete my Physical One Piece, Magi and Fullmetal Alchemist collections.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
How's AssClass?
Unique. There's a lot of characters, but not all of them have gotten focus or development. A bunch of them have gotten a 2ish chapter arc each though. The plot's been moving steadily; we're about I think a third of the way there if we go by the assassination deadline. I recommend it

The Seven Deadly Sins 2 - 5 (v1)
BgymIZrCEAAyEfV.png

The chapter with Gilthunder throwing the spear all the way to the village and then Meliodas throwing it back was incredible. Im glad their about to throw down so soon. Looks like it may be fantastic as electric powers are always exciting.

Diane is way too huge.

At least based on this volume it has started off more well written than Fairy Tail, the holy knight captain mystery case and framing the SDS is actually thought provoking.

Wiseblade

Oh yeah, speaking of Fullmetal...

Fullmetal Alchemist Vol 4(Reread)
Im buying it for 3 reasons:

1) It's amazing.
2) Anything to potentially increase the odds of a Silver Spoon release, which is also amazing.
3) I picked this up just as the final chapters were coming out and burned through it way too quickly. I want to take my time and give the series a proper readthrough. On that note...

HUGHES!! I dont remember him being so prominent, or meeting his end so early. I caught a couple feels from the scene on the train afterwards, just like last time.

Retcon: That's odd, it started raining inside my house too.

Shouta

I wish Nakaba kept the more mature rendition of Diane from the first 20 chapters (or so). I don't like the moe-blob face she's got going on right now.

That's what makes her awesome tho. Her moeblob face + giantess + ridiculous buff is a good combination because she'd be too gruff/ugly/nasty otherwise. Also uh, Ch 66. =x

Code: Breaker 223
I don't like how the author is writing the characters. They seem really flimsy and lack conviction. Why would Bento switch sides at all? Only saving grace that this chapter has is that Bento calls out Oga as being an evil asshole who never got punished for it. Then he goes and tries to commit mass genocide while debating the ethics of good and evil. So it's not so much that what Oga was evil but more like Bento decided that he's the good guy so everything he does if for the greater good.

Keep in mind his previous motivation for gathering other Rare Kinds was to completely annihilate the human race because some people were jerks/monsters to them when they were kids. And then they went on that whole prisoner/civilian killing spree because "lol evil guys deserve to die" in a completely non-serious context. Now he wants to kill a few thousand people in hopes that it will make people be better people.Yeah, sure kid. You murder the civilians of an entire country and then hope the survivors will be better people. That certainly wouldn't encourage more prejudice against you or anything.

Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha 1-38

Man, this is a great story. Saw the anime first and immediately went to check out the manga, and was pleasantly pleased to find some differences which makes it worthwhile to check out both. It's unfortunate, but the Kansai dialect is completely loss in the translation, and it's a major thing that can't be appreciated but the story itself and characters is really interesting and well thought out by the author.Great art too. Damn this for being monthly!

scy

Speaking of 14-sai no Koi, Game Over - It's adorable for what it is. Kind of just a super fast version of Nagai and Hinohara. Sort of.

wonzo

Banned
Nejimaki Kagyu 15

That entire bit was just
rejoice.png

Flag Time 9

She should just tell her about her waning power, I'm sure she'll still love her all the same!

OPM (ONE) 94

;-;

Bokura no Hentai 17

Still better than meandering child.

Ryou just needs to get his mother admitted to a hospital or something ASAP though. It's only a matter of time when he fully outgrows his dead sister's clothes.

Tetsuwan Girl 70

that fukken face

Tetsuwan Girl 70

Joe's face when he finds out Tome is the pitcher is simply priceless.
tetsuwangirl70.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada 98

Shiraishi and the girl with the boobs look way too similar.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ 22

Akamatsu's using this immortality thing as a platform for some serious violence. I mean, dude just punched through Touta's chest and ripped his heart out like Kano.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Punch Man (Original)

And so ends the Garou arc. Those final moments really show just how "heroic" certain members of the Hero's Association are.
What path will Garou take now?
And where will Saitama live?

scy

I re-read it earlier today because of the 14-sai no Koi posts and figured I'd bring it up :x

As for the other stories, the bakery one is cute. The main story is adorable though.

Edit: Will totally be disappointed if 14-sai no Koi doesn't get me something similar now though :(

Real Account 1 - So I noticed the artist for this was the same as Shishunki no Iron Maiden so I was curious (plus GAF posts etc. etc.). So uh ... I guess none of those 10,000 followed each other?

And hey, we killed ~6000 people in one chapter, that's not a bad pace at all.

Soma

Game Over vol 1 End

This is too much for me to handle. The next gen blushing, the happy couple, and the cute christmas cake. This is pretty much 14-sai no Koi, but got rid of the filler and jumped straight into the best parts. There were also 3 other unrelated short side stories, but I already forgot what they were about lol

Consider me interested. Can't believe I hadn't checked this one out before since I enjoyed what I've read of 14-sai.

survivor

Banned
I re-read it earlier today because of the 14-sai no Koi posts and figured I'd bring it up :x

As for the other stories, the bakery one is cute. The main story is adorable though.
Main story should have expanded on the implied lewdness

Consider me interested. Can't believe I hadn't checked this one out before since I enjoyed what I've read of 14-sai.
To expand on that point, it's the Sensei x Nagai part from 14-Sai, not the main romance of Tanaka and Kizuki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom