• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charade

Getting Used to Being Friends
What the fuck. Why would you marry her just to friendzone her. How does that make sense at all

She must have thought it was all a joke, pretty depressing yeah. For some reason I like these types of stories (in moderation, mind you). I must be a twisted person lol.

Kreed

One Piece 741:

The theory on the web for Usopp's lack of bravery from last week's chapter of OP is likely due to Robin turning into a toy

Since Usopp gained his true form of courage (Soge King) in the Enies Lobby Arc, having Robin turn into a toy erases his first true discovery of being brave

Hence why this Chapter Usopp had to reassure himself of his courage anew not as Soge King but as himself

....makes sense for me

I don't believe Oda would leave such a theory up to us to speculate on vs making it more obvious to the majority of his fans (young and old). At the very least, I would think he would explain the theory further in future chapters if this was the case.

The other thing I doubt is that Robin being gone would have prevent Ussop from being Sogeking/would have erased that memory. Franky still needed to be rescued and the Water 7 crew would have still went after CP9, so the Straw Hats still needed help. And Ussop's main purpose as Sogeking was to prevent Luffy and the others from knowing it was him helping them when he quit the crew.

duckroll

I thought translation group discussion was ok as long as we weren't linking to or discussing a scanlation website? Or did that change from OT4 back when you and Shouta first had a discussion on the problem? I don't post in this thread as often as I used to and I've noticed rules have been changing between OTs.

My feeling is that it's kinda improper, especially with more and more manga releases getting more timely legit releases on the digital and retail front. I'm not really aggressively moderating this, but I think it would be better if the thread just stuck to talking about the content of manga, or discussing news about official releases and helping point people in the direction of legit stuff whenever possible.

I'm not interested in policing every who remotely mentions a group or anything, but I don't think we need to have a debate about which scanlation group is better or arguing about unofficial translations.

Hope that clears things up.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
She must have thought it was all a joke, pretty depressing yeah. For some reason I like these types of stories (in moderation, mind you). I must be a twisted person lol.
Who jokes about a marriage license? Seriously, what a moron. I get that the author was trying to go for a tragic, unrequited type love but he could've done it without jumping through hoops.

Merry Bad End 1
I think I'm fulfilling my quota of bad manga for the day really quickly. I don't even know what the hell this was supposed to mean. Did those twins love each other, and that's why the one twin broke up with her? You know what, I don't even care anymore.

upandaway

Am I the only one who noticed that duckroll is posting in here? Since when does that ever happen? Literally never. Except when we need to be modded. I'm not insinuating anything.

Charade

Who jokes about a marriage license? Seriously, what a moron. I get that the author was trying to go for a tragic, unrequited type love but he could've done it without jumping through hoops.

No, I definitely hear you. I think gay marriage being illegal in Japan may have something to do with her thinking it was a joke, though.

If you want to get the bad taste out of your mouth, I recommend Present by Kurata Uso.

Honestly, I'd remember enough to update like 5 girls and then I'd stop.

Uhh...robot girl, book girl, mage girl, girl who got captured and pretty much forgotten, ribbon girl who loses?

Am I the only one who noticed that duckroll is posting in here? Since when does that ever happen? Literally never. Except when we need to be modded. I'm not insinuating anything.

Magi hasn't been doomed enough for him to grace us.

Seishun Forget! 12

I feel like I just got punched and kicked repeatedly, right in the feels.

damn.

You could never forget this.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
No, I definitely hear you. I think gay marriage being illegal in Japan may have something to do with her thinking it was a joke, though.

If you want to get the bad taste out of your mouth, I recommend Present by Kurata Uso.
I guess that makes sense, in a stupid sort of way. Anyway!

Present
Super cute.

One Piece 741:

I don't believe Oda would leave such a theory up to us to speculate on vs making it more obvious to the majority of his fans (young and old). At the very least, I would think he would explain the theory further in future chapters if this was the case.

The other thing I doubt is that Robin being gone would have prevent Ussop from being Sogeking/would have erased that memory. Franky still needed to be rescued and the Water 7 crew would have still went after CP9, so the Straw Hats still needed help. And Ussop's main purpose as Sogeking was to prevent Luffy and the others from knowing it was him helping them when he quit the crew.

1377696941582.gif

well we will find out :)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hatsukoi Dandelion 1
It's good to know that whatever happens, there will always be a stupidly cliched shoujo available to bore me to tears.

For a real summary, exceedingly average girl falls in love with handsome, popular guy who has an unrequited love for a teacher. But then again, you could've just guessed this plot just from hearing it was a shoujo. The biggest plot twist is that she has a puppy.

Kreed

My feeling is that it's kinda improper, especially with more and more manga releases getting more timely legit releases on the digital and retail front. I'm not really aggressively moderating this, but I think it would be better if the thread just stuck to talking about the content of manga, or discussing news about official releases and helping point people in the direction of legit stuff whenever possible.

I'm not interested in policing every who remotely mentions a group or anything, but I don't think we need to have a debate about which scanlation group is better or arguing about unofficial translations.

Hope that clears things up.

It's no problem. I just want to make sure when I do post in this thread I don't cause issues for following older OT policy vs new OT policy (this is the second time I've had this issue, first was discussing spoilers and members getting mad I didn't use spoiler tags when the thread used to actively promote not using spoiler tags). Probably would help if I actually read the first posts when new OTs are created vs just assuming things are the same between topics.

scy

Hatsukoi Dandelion 1
It's good to know that whatever happens, there will always be a stupidly cliched shoujo available to bore me to tears.

For a real summary, exceedingly average girl falls in love with handsome, popular guy who has an unrequited love for a teacher. But then again, you could've just guessed this plot just from hearing it was a shoujo. The biggest plot twist is that she has a puppy.

How shoujo is it? There's a non-zero chance the puppy magically becomes a boy and primary love rival.

Bleach 572

Boy with the hax imagination powers meets the resident broken badass.

I already feel sorry for him.

Actually support the idea of him being an imagination, if only to see more of Yachiru's power.

One Piece 741

Unsure if Usopp will win against Trebol but I have faith he'll knock out Sugar at least.

Cheering for him regardless.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
How shoujo is it? There's a non-zero chance the puppy magically becomes a boy and primary love rival.
Fuck the handsome dude, PuppyxFeMC OTP

also she did say her current lover was the dog, so non-zero chance

Ochite Chika Chika 1-3
My quota for cliched as hell shojo manga is also being fulfilled quickly today.

A clearcut case of Stockholm Syndrome if I ever saw one!

What can I say, I'm trying my best to replicate the typical BONES experience™.

Great's an interesting way to say incredibly hit & miss.

wonzo zeroing in for the kill

Fuck the handsome dude, PuppyxFeMC OTP

also she did say her current lover was the dog, so non-zero chance

Ochite Chika Chika 1-3
My quota for cliched as hell shojo manga is also being fulfilled quickly today.

I dunno, if I want to read this anymore. It seems to be Bad Shoujo Wednesday day, lol.

All the shoujo reads are basically readying me for re-reading Skip Beat.

why read old things when you can read new (probably crappy) things

Roman 1-11 (END)

A collection of interlinked short stories revolving around life and death, based on an album by Sound Horizon. The quality of the individual stories was slightly inconsistent (as usual), and at times it could be needlessly convoluted and lyrical, but overall it was one of the most touching, thought-provoking and entertaining collections I've read for some time. It's rare for (effectively) standalone chapters to get any kind of emotional reaction out of me, but the author managed it. And it finished on a strong note, with the revelation at the end bringing a welcome understanding of the observer's significance, which I was worried wasn't going to be addressed. Good stuff.

scy

Dont worry, I like it too.

comrade!!!

The quality of your taste is being questioned now.

I know Skip Beat's summary was a red flag for me to not attempt to read it, lol.

Hm, well, I find Kyoko entertaining. And any time she gets a new role, those are always great to me. Just the change there for the characters. And, of course, new reaction faces.

The romance angle of it is taking forever, though, but I'm not even that bothered by it. It's really more about the characters themselves and less about the overly long "will they won't they" part of it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Well, to be honest, Skip Beat was nice because she was a woman scorned. She had no interest in love anymore and was strictly out for revenge. Her love-me friend was also cool. The comedy was also pretty good.

But honestly, I don't give a shit anymore because it's so damn hard to read. The art also sucks really badly. And ever since she's recognized that she's fallen for Ren, it's been going downhill.

wonzo

Banned
Its been far more hit then miss and you know it
It's really not. I'd say its a great series if every episode was as good as 5, 7 & 9 but for now it's just a decent one with the odd bursts of brilliance.

Noragami's easily the better BONES show of the season.

Marche90

My mind keepa telling me to bail out of the thread. So many series that look interesting, yet my queue is more than enough to keep me busy for a month at least -_-....

Oh! That looks interesting! *adds to queue*

If I keep saying it, at some point I'll be right!!!!

Well, a broken clock gets the time right twice a day, so...

NastyBook

Naruto
Never liked Gai. meh
Taijutsu is the one saving grace of this book, and you hate the one man alive that's mastered it? I hope he leaves his name permanently punched in somewhere on Madara's Genjutsu riddled face.

As for Bleach, Kenpachi's line is gonna be something like "Maybe I'm just stronger than reality, kid."

*final page "fatal" slash across surprised Sternritter's chest*

Mortemis

Banned
Maga-tsuki

Man why am I still reading this shit. Well right now is as good as any time to jump ship. Gender-bender arcs are usually signs to gtfo.

One Piece

I'm a pretty big Usopp fan, but c'mon and hurry this up. I wanna see more Sabo and more Zoro. D:

I hope that Usopp somehow beats Trebol, or at least somehow gets credit for it. Imagine him having two bounties, one as Sogeking and the other as himself. lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Imagine your legs are peanut brittle!"
"That's stupid. You're stupid. I'm gonna slash you now"

End chapter.

My mind keepa telling me to bail out of the thread. So many series that look interesting, yet my queue is more than enough to keep me busy for a month at least -_-....

That's kinda why I'm kinda resisted on starting up long series. Mostly cause I'll never finish Ookiku at this point.

Well, a broken clock gets the time right twice a day, so...

Is Magi going to get cancelled twice now?

scy

It'll end up being a case of Kenpachi just remarking that there's no need to think in battle.

Meanwhile, I re-read something seemingly every day~~~

Hm, Katsu is looking good for the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom