• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seishun Forget! 20 [END]

d'aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

second half of this was way better than the first half. So much feels, so much cuteness, so adorable.

Hinata is amazing.

Seishun 18

my god, it's all I ever dreamed of...

an actual waifu war.

hold me

I remember not liking her when she was first introduced but really thought she was great after it was all over.

Seishun Forget! 20 [END]

d'aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

second half of this was way better than the first half. So much feels, so much cuteness, so adorable.

Hinata is amazing.

best series ever

31 Heroes (oneshot)

An entire class becomes superheroes for reasons. Would've much rather seen this serialised than Kiruko-san.

I wish Negima were still around so we could have 40+ person rankings.
Evangeline > Zazie > Nodoka > Yue > Natsumi > Chachamaru > Setsuna > Chao > Mana > Ako > Akira > Haruna > Konoka > Makie > Ku Fei > Sayo > Chisame > Kaede > Satomi > Asuna > Ayaka > Kasumi > Madoka > Chizuru > Yuuna > Satsuki > Misora > Fumika > Misa > Sakurako > Fuuka

bigkrev

Today's pickups
225120F8-B158-4FDA-92E1-05BCB374D336_zps75nuk9qf.jpg

I would pick up way more multi-volume books if they were as nicely done as these- trade paperback size, thicker paper, and a very sturdy binding.

Probably saving these 2 months till i'm sitting on the beach with nothing to read

scy

Sankarea 49 - Well, it confirms that his mother was at some point a zombie but I think we all suspected that. Wonder if there's more tragedy to this backstory.

Meanwhile, Rea is groping breasts.

The only girls I cared about in Negima were Evangeline, Asuna, Chisame, Ayaka, and maybe Chao. Chachamaru was alright too I guess.

I can get behind this list.

31 Heroes (oneshot)

An entire class becomes superheroes for reasons. Would've much rather seen this serialised than Kiruko-san.

Oh I remember reading this. Was pretty interesting and yep a lot more interesting than Kiruko-san.

I wanted her to get a happy ending with the other guy.

Or at least give the other guy something somehow.

I'm sure they just forgot about the other guy.

Just to let you know that Tetsuwan Girl is done, I can finally be a slob again.

But what about that other series you were showing off that wasn't translated.

Assassination Classroom 81
tumblr_n2cgkkTIaz1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Poor Suga. Karasuma continues to be epic while the game of cops and robbers made up for the previous chapters weak story.

The page when Karasuma emerged from under water was one of the best panels in weeks.

dumbyugi

Assassination Classroom 81
tumblr_n2cgkkTIaz1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Poor Suga. Karasuma continues to be epic while the game of cops and robbers made up for the previous chapters weak story.

The page when Karasuma emerged from under water was one of the best panels in weeks.

Which one was this? I don't think he was ever in the water. He was shoving Bitch-sensei in the water if that's the panel you're talking about.

Well yeah, it was mostly went from oh god why is she in this but hey, she had a good use in the story for the superior couple.

I dunno. Like if I had one thing to complain about with the manga it's like everything she was in was just annoying.

The whole concept of the last few chapters was super dumb. While I like the idea of a waifu-off, it made no real sense. Guy loves girl, girl loves guy. Other girl also loves guy, but guy doesn't love her. Ez pz... oh, wait they're having a waifu-off to see who gets him? eh?

Just her entire concept as a character was pretty dumb. Girl who tries to dismantle love and then manufacture love using logic.

Love isn't logical man. It's just a feeling you have. it makes you happy and it makes you sad, it infuriates you and it's amazing. But it isn't logical.

.................this is what happens when I read too many fluffy mangas

scy

Love isn't logical man. It's just a feeling you have. it makes you happy and it makes you sad, it infuriates you and it's amazing. But it isn't logical.

Wasn't that essentially her point?

And she was basically added for the sake of drama to close things out. The genre just has to have it, I guess.

Wasn't that essentially her point?

And she was basically added for the sake of drama to close things out. The genre just has to have it, I guess.

I guess? I dunno. Felt like author thought he needed some sort of antagonist/competition and it didn't really fit.

Which is what you're saying so yeah.

I just think the entire premise for her character and the competition was silly.

I dunno. Like if I had one thing to complain about with the manga it's like everything she was in was just annoying.

The whole concept of the last few chapters was super dumb. While I like the idea of a waifu-off, it made no real sense. Guy loves girl, girl loves guy. Other girl also loves guy, but guy doesn't love her. Ez pz... oh, wait they're having a waifu-off to see who gets him? eh?

Just her entire concept as a character was pretty dumb. Girl who tries to dismantle love and then manufacture love using logic.

.................this is what happens when I read too many fluffy mangas

I mean, the guy basically even questions why is this even happening. But, yeah it's basically to get some dramatic ending for this series (even though I think the whole reveal would have been a well worth it ending).

But, even if she was probably the one sour note in the series, it was still such a good series.

scy

Oh crap, someone remembers. I did get something done already but that was also where I really noticed how shoddy the script is. Need someone to proof-read it.

You promised that it has Nisio level dumb stuff. I'll never forget.

I mean, the guy basically even questions why is this even happening. But, yeah it's basically to get some dramatic ending for this series (even though I think the whole reveal would have been a well worth it ending).

But, even if she was probably the one sour note in the series, it was still such a good series.

Yeah I really enjoyed the second half of it, once there's actually exposition about their pasts.

I think the stuff before that was a bit too drawn out and I wasn't a fan of the creepy loli. But once it hit like chapter 10 on it had some incredibly strong moments.

duckroll

Magi - 217

This arc is off to a pretty great start. Not sure if I posted about the last two chapters, but I've been digging it. At first I thought they were skipping ahead very quickly, but looks like they did settle on young Solomon as a starting point after all, and he just came much later after the "origin" of magic itself. I hope this arc is fairly long, because I love it when the series expands to development totally different or alien stuff to make the overall setting more interesting. We got a lot of that when they did the stories about the different places Alibaba, Mor, and Aladdin visited, and it looks like we're getting even crazier stuff from this history of the other world.

aWgl2MA.jpg

Trinity Seven 2

I'm already calling Ninja best girl.

Headmaster and Arata hit it off so good. I want more interaction between the two.

Thought Lilith would've been more of a hard ass after the first chapter. Glad to see she's more of the easily embarrassed type.

Sai

If we had a face-off for best shounen protagonist, I'd vote for Arata.

That Shinobu kid from Tsuki Tsuki would be a close second.

They're bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom