• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Gohan Shiyo! 1-11 (END)

Slice of life cook 'em up series about a bunch of 6th graders living in a school dorm. Judging from the last chapters, it likely came to a premature end of some kind, which is a shame because it was actually pretty enjoyable despite its food obsession. Not least because of the darker elements of the story that occasionally seeped through its cheerful exterior.
Some people would think to pass off this kind of post with a calculated (and trained, if I dare say) nonchalant tone, sure. I'll agree to that much. But who would actually go ahead and do it?

Wait, don't answer. I need to prepare myself mentally.

I didn't mind Keima's development over the past arc but I wish it wasn't so blatantly obvious that the author has no idea where to go with the story. Hopefully the next chapters become more character focused than about whatever not-Vintage is trying to do.

scy

(Un)fortunately "this can't be real" was actually correct. Doing that to the lead character so early would've made it pretty hard to continue. If it was one of those series I'd be ranting about it more.

That's what I figured. Kind of wish I hadn't checked that but, eh, 11 chapters I'll read it still.

Stealth Symphony 04

y02KnFX.png

More introduction but I really do like the company and all the hopefully will have something done with them supporting characters we saw. A nice mix of powers that I would like to see.

Looks like next chapter is having something happening.

scy

Aunt Tits 118 - Many pages of kissing.

This should go farther, that would be nice.

Edit:

Baby Steps 204 - Okada stepping up? Hrm. :(

Aunt Tits

Cousin incest is the one type of incest that I'm ok with (unless you count step pseudo-incest)

Futari Ecchi It's Alive for some reason

And then there's this. I liked this manga better when I took notes while reading.

scy

Oh wow, I remember reading Futari Ecchi years a--Chapter 189?! Oh god. Well, one of these days.

Stealth Symphony 4 - She'll switch sides and become main female lead.

scy

Yeah. It's not really teasing about that.

I can't imagine it still being a bumbling couple after nearly 60 volumes though.

Edit: Actually, revisiting some of the first few chapters, I can totally still see them being a bumbling couple.

dumbyugi

Has the main girl got pregnant yet in Futari Ecchi? I remember reading a while back that the author said it was finally going to happen.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Mahou Gyoushounin Roma 18
Aw man, I forgot all about this series. It's cute that the vice-pres stopped her from using the stone again. I don't really remember, but I feel like the payment Roma asks in exchange for using her tools is steep. I don't think it's their souls she asks for, but their vitality? This series obviously got the axe because it was in shonen jump I think, so that's kind of sad. :(

Hime-dol!! 1-16 (END)

Idols and shit. Marginally better than I expected. Probably enjoyed it more than any WSJ series I've tried reading in the last few years that doesn't feature keyblades (not that there's much competition). Even though the ending came more prematurely than a harem MC on his wedding night*, it didn't feel particularly unnatural / rushed, so I wasn't left with my usual axe to grind against... the axe.

Kidding, a harem MC would never get married because that'd require him to freakin' choose someone.

Aunt's Tits 118

Cousin's Lips.

That's what I figured. Kind of wish I hadn't checked that but, eh, 11 chapters I'll read it still.
Might be misunderstanding your post, but if you're worried that something's been spoiled, don't be!

Vito

Banned
Was catching up with Until Death Do Us Part, wanted to post a sexy Jesus pic, but then suddenly back to the main plot and:

Fucking hell man, this loss hurts. I'd post a more appropriate pic but I don't want to spoil anyone reading Yen Press or just passing through.

LeleSocho

Banned
Baby Steps 204
When you go chapter after chapter these matches take forever, might as well do as everyone else an put this on hold waiting for chapters to cumulate.

Aunt Tits 1-9

This is my second attempt at reading this after being personally bothered during his attempt to bone his cousin. I'm doing this for you ManGAF.

scy

Baby Steps 204
When you go chapter after chapter these matches take forever, might as well do as everyone else an put this on hold waiting for chapters to cumulate.

Seriously. These chapters every like month are painful.

Aunt Tits 1-9

This is my second attempt at reading this after being personally bothered during his attempt to bone his cousin. I'm doing this for you ManGAF.

We salute your sacrifice.

Stealth Symphony - 4

Still not feeling this yet, but I do like the boss of the company. At least the main character stopped saying "eh" on every single page.

Illegal Rare - 3

Ok, I'm starting to warm up to this a little bit. At first I hated that the main character was a vampire (I still do), but his nonchalant personality is starting to get to me. I still think the whole drinking blood off of stuff is creepy, but he is a vampire after all. I hope that werewolf joins the group at some point, I like his design.

Aunt Tits 10-11

I don't think the aunt knows how dating works. 1. You're not supposed to go to a movie for the first date and 2. feeling them up that quickly is probably not a very good call.

edit: is there going to be some wacky plot twist where it turns out the Aunt is a virgin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom