• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonN0

Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm: Last Order

So, this is over (ended in January?).
I've enjoyed it over all.
The long tournament didn't bother me since we did find out a lots of stuff during and between fights about how the setting came about.
I should re-read it before the next series(BAA/Gunnm:??? - Alita/Gally on Mars) starts up, though.

--
Any good, new series start up recently?

Moekoi 01

I based the main character that I love in the light novel I wrote off my actual girlfriend. And I might love my created character more? The series.

Though I guess lots of red faces and the fact they actually went further than most romantic series in the first chapter could mean this could be good?

scy

Moekoi 01

I based the main character that I love in the light novel I wrote off my actual girlfriend. And I might love my created character more? The series.

Though I guess lots of red faces and the fact they actually went further than most romantic series in the first chapter could mean this could be good?

It's blush lines galore, basically.

Though, I could've sworn it was he wrote his Light Novel first and then became interested in her due to her looking like the protagonist of his novel.

It's blush lines galore, basically.

Though, I could've sworn it was he wrote his Light Novel first and then became interested in her due to her looking like the protagonist of his novel.

I think he was originally an otaku but the first chapter shows his newest light novel and the heroine basically looks like the main girl.

Ace of Diamond 66 - 68

The one minor thing with the start to some of these tournaments in sports mangas that I dont like is they are often filled with tons of matches that are way too short or only try to develop one part of a character in them then move on. And unfortunate thus far that happened here in Ace of Diamond. It was a hilarious affair but they cut it off in only one chapter. I wouldnt have minded for the match to last longer. With the new curious looking character on the next team introduced in the 68th chapter who has direct dislike with Eijun maybe this game will last quite a long time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ace of Diamond 66 - 68

The one minor thing with the start to some of these tournaments in sports mangas that I dont like is they are often filled with tons of matches that are way too short or only try to develop one part of a character in them then move on. And unfortunate thus far that happened here in Ace of Diamond. It was a hilarious affair but they cut it off in only one chapter. I wouldnt have minded for the match to last longer. With the new curious looking character on the next team introduced in the 68th chapter who has direct dislike with Eijun maybe this game will last quite a long time.

Shocked you haven't picked up Ookiku Furikabutte if you're looking for a baseball manga.

scy

So is that a sign that I shouldn't read Immortal Regis?

I think he was originally an otaku but the first chapter shows his newest light novel and the heroine basically looks like the main girl.

Yes, it shows the newest volume (Volume 3) of his Light Novel. Their meeting is back during admission where he notes she looks like her.

kasane

So is that a sign that I shouldn't read Immortal Regis?

Yes, it shows the newest volume (Volume 3) of his Light Novel. Their meeting is back during admission where he notes she looks like her.

i think you should read it

i kinda liked the start

but the sequel is kinda meh so far since i have no idea whats going on

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kunisaki Izumo no Jijou 50

Oh good god the final few chapters are such a mess to read scanlation-wise.

Overall a fun series, though I keep feeling like it's really missing its potential. Problem with it is that it does not put enough focus on the kabuki aspect and what there is feels poorly executed, when they should be the high end-points of each arc. Can't help but refer to Glass Mask with did the theatrical aspect soooooo much better. Without the kabuki aspect it becomes like a weird harem except with a girly boy who doesn't like being a girly boy.

Lain

Sengoku Youko volume 1
LJC.jpg

A human hating other humans and wanting to become a monster and a monster that loves humans and wants to make people live in peace. That's a really strange couple working together and being family. The samurai that joined them seems to be more or less useless battle-wise but I guess he'll get better later? At least he's contributing a certain human aspect of both good and bad sides for Jinka to look at. The half human/half monster girl Shakugan didn't have much to add for now.
I like how Tama becomes all red and flustered when Jinka is drinking her blood.

---

Is there some ways to check your timeline on Twitter for longer than... 5-6 hours?

Sengoku Youko volume 1
LJC.jpg

A human hating other humans and wanting to become a monster and a monster that loves humans and wants to make people live in peace. That's a really strange couple working together and being family. The samurai that joined them seems to be more or less useless battle-wise but I guess he'll get better later? At least he's contributing a certain human aspect of both good and bad sides for Jinka to look at. The half human/half monster girl Shakugan didn't have much to add for now.
I like how Tama becomes all red and flustered when Jinka is drinking her blood.

---

Is there some ways to check your timeline on Twitter for longer than... 5-6 hours?

it's great. this is from the same guy who did lucifer and biscuit hammer.

scy

All You Need Is Kill 8 - Rita's tragic backstory. Or, rather censorbar's tragic backstory? Hm.

Her dad was a fucking beast though. Holy shit.

Quasar

Aunt Tits 12-21

this is really awful, even though it's not supposed to be taken seriously

You know given his desire for older women I'm kind of surprised he just doesn't just concentrate on her.

I think manga like prison High School broke me as I'm actually enjoying this. At least so far, I'm about 62 chapters in.

Marche90

^Yup. Looking forward to seeing his reaction from that chapter.
y'all know which one

Aunt Tits 118

Hmmm... I think we can all predict how this will end, and tbh, I don't feel like it will take a lot of time. At least that's kind of a good thing with this one, seeing as how it HAS SO VERY FEW PAGES!

iavi

The few instances I've seen you guys go on about Shougeki no Soma in here had me thinking it was smut nonsense... lawd, that's anything but the case. It's like "Bambino" with its focus on ethic and method, with a dash of "Kami no Shizuku" in its harping on elegance (and hyper-active reaction panels lol); all of that with a dash of hells-kitchen for the shonen battle flair.

I fucking love it.

14-sai no Koi Vol.03

And now you are playing Romeo & Juliet and now you are playing Romeo & Juliet.

I think I'll enjoy the new senior couple too if they appear again.

upandaway

The few instances I've seen you guys go on about Shougeki no Soma in here had me thinking it was smut nonsense... lawd, that's anything but the case. It's like "Bambino" with its focus on ethic and method, with a dash of "Kami no Shizuku" in its harping on elegance (and hyper-active reaction panels lol); all of that with a dash of hells-kitchen for the shonen battle flair.

I fucking love it.
But we mention that fact all the time!

Well at least you finally wised up and at least you picked a good timing to catch up, so it's all good.

Vito

Banned
Manganewsjapon is back! With some sad news...

Again se terminera le 9 avril dans le Shônen Magazine n°19. Le 12e et dernier volume sortira le 16 mai.

https://twitter.com/newsmangajapon/status/445016096383324160

The few instances I've seen you guys go on about Shougeki no Soma in here had me thinking it was smut nonsense... lawd, that's anything but the case.

I think part of it were the lewd food reactions at the start when they were more common and the fact that the illustrator is basically a hentai artist. But I totally agree, it's pretty much the standard food battle manga type thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom