• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I honestly can't fathom how its ending in 6 chapters. They haven't even confronted whatever the evil group is at all.

Articalys

I honestly can't fathom how its ending in 6 chapters. They haven't even confronted whatever the evil group is at all.
Yeah, that's why I think they might have mistranslated it. Can anyone verify what it says on the obi?

Well, as Erigu says below, not a mistranslation. So I guess the series really is getting cut short or they've got a part 2 planned somehow...

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Welp.

I kind of wonder if they might have misread something, because it doesn't feel like it's about to end really soon...
Really? There's like 10 chapters to a volume, right? So how far does volume 26 cover, and how many more chapters do we have to go?

I dunno how I feel about this, but I'm not that surprised. It's just a question of how he's going to resolve the problem with the "real" big bad in the future...

scy

Yeah, it seems a little weird. I'm not sure they can finish the arc much less the story in that much time.

Kyou no Yuiko-san 15 - She's so adorable.

Edit: 25 is 245 - 255 right? So 26 would be 256 - 266? Yeah ... that's three chapters from now.

Well I mean they got the one thing they wanted to do in the past completed (setting things up for the rest of the series).

I mean sure, they could do the whole grand fight against Old Devils and rid them for good or whatever but dunno the series has definitely lost its steam by now.

I guess they also have to bring him back to the present. Maybe they'll use the power of love for that. And then the power of love to seal the Old Devils.

They could have Keima choose someone, wwwwwwwww

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well I mean they got the one thing they wanted to do in the past completed (setting things up for the rest of the series).

I mean sure, they could do the whole grand fight against Old Devils and rid them for good or whatever but dunno the series has definitely lost its steam by now.

I guess they also have to bring him back to the present. Maybe they'll use the power of love for that. And then the power of love to seal the Old Devils.

They could have Keima choose someone, wwwwwwwww
The going to the past arc sucked in every way though. Its not that I expected it to keep going much longer, its that I expected a final, good arc.

scy

I think the bigger thing here is that it's a sudden announcement. Like, it would be ending in early April. For such a long running series, you'd think there'd be more fanfare.

Watch it just be that the current arc ends by 266.

Or incoming name change / preparation for the sequel.

upandaway

If it really ends that gives me an excuse not to catch up until it does. No matter how much you guys complained, I'm still really curious about how he handled VN Land and what kinds of silly references of references of references he put in.

Also Peephole is the new Mangaf darling in my eyes, by the way.

kapowza

Boys on the Run 92

image_zpsa2975698.jpg

Yyyeesssssss

Look at those faces, Hanazawa is a bona fide genius.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit the gaming side is going to give me an aneurysm

anyway

Logick 13
I spy with my little eye something kind of like daddy issues. I wonder what's the girl's deal, harassing him the whole time and just pulling back like that all of a sudden?

Shouta

Damn, AKB49 and 7 Deadly Sins are really heating up. I want it all now. Someone build me a time machine so I can grab the volumes from the future.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Before I knew it, I ended up reading soul eater, catching up(currenlty) in shingeki no kyojin, and catching up in naruto.(currently)
Does that qualify me to be here

Either there's going to be a part 2 or this is going to be an ultimate rush job. He's going to get back and then I guess address his and everyone else's feelings?

upandaway

Before I knew it, I ended up reading soul eater, catching up(currenlty) in shingeki no kyojin, and catching up in naruto.(currently)
Does that qualify me to be here
Fair warning, by doing this you're conceding that you're liable to be bombarded with recommendations.

kasane

Fair warning, by doing this you're conceding that you're liable to be bombarded with recommendations.

but when you give me recommendations it always turns out that i already read it. :(

Edit: Oh yeah i was at the toy store earlier and it was a gundam fig heaven

if i have space on my apartment i would have bought maybe 30

Angry Grimace

Either there's going to be a part 2 or this is going to be an ultimate rush job. He's going to get back and then I guess address his and everyone else's feelings?

He's going to Negima it. No ending, no resolution, 20 girls in love with him and he's sitting in the basement ignoring them.

bigkrev

Stealth Symphony 4

Dropping in a month unless they really clean this up. My ADD isn't strong enough to keep up with all the bullshit going on in this.

See, TWGOK will end with this arc. And then part 2 will start where it's a normal harem romcom.

It'll be the descendant of Keima who is pretty much him as he romances girls again this time through different worlds cause why not and all anyone cares about is who the hell did Keima picked.

I loved Negima and I don't remember raging that hard over the ending. Probably because I didn't give a shit about whoever Negima ended up with and cared more about Setsuna and Konoha lol. And at least that happened shortly after the end of a major arc (which was like half the manga if I recall) where lots of things happened so there was enough setup for UQ Holder. The last few chapters were just kind of dicking around.

Meanwhile in TWGOK they apparently have 6 chapters to return Keima, recreate the world or whatever, and stop that new group of evil people. Also everyone's feelings need to be addressed since Keima is pretty much just hating everything about everything right now. It's impossible.

Angry Grimace

It'll be the descendant of Keima who is pretty much him as he romances girls again this time through different worlds cause why not and all anyone cares about is who the hell did Keima picked.

Nobody, end of story. I didn't expect it to end differently, but I would have at least liked to see some kind of amusing buildup to him picking no one.

One Piece 741
tumblr_n2lemnOa041qbxqfpo1_500.png

Took 700 chps but is Usopp finally going to do something actually worthwhile. Unfortunately, whenever something epic happens Oda has to go on a break so I doubt that means Usopp will do anything pleasing.

scy

The World Satan Only Knows

TWSOK? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Stealth Symphony 4

Dropping in a month unless they really clean this up. My ADD isn't strong enough to keep up with all the bullshit going on in this.

Is that our new measurement?

Well, at any rate, I hope there's some information in the next issue of WSS to give some clarity on the situation.

Yeah, might as well wait a week or so and see if things get clarified. Then again, that sounds like no fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom