• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Screaming Lessons 1-4
It's really flavor of the week, so I'm kind of disappointed. I wanted some character development for the heroine or something. I mean it's still okay, but not really what I was looking for. The fourth chapter was great in that she actually was a part of the story somewhat, and not just some omniscient figure.

Aizo

Banned
Screaming Lessons 1-4
It's really flavor of the week, so I'm kind of disappointed. I wanted some character development for the heroine or something. I mean it's still okay, but not really what I was looking for. The fourth chapter was great in that she actually was a part of the story somewhat, and not just some omniscient figure.

You learn more about Yomi later. I think you need to read more Horror, though. Or not. Maybe Horror isn`t your thing?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Screaming Lesson 1-20
And just as I said I wanted development for the main character, I got it. That was pretty bad ass of her. Still don't really like the flavor of the week format though. :\ It's pretty good even with that set up though.

edit: I don't think I really read horror, yeah... but most of these aren't even scary. Some of them are kinda stupid.

scy

Most the stories are at best "creepy" and not really "horror."

I think I laughed at a good half of them.

Then again, there's a non-zero chance I'm just deranged.

scy

Yankee-kun 211 [END] - Yup, this is exactly how I remember it from all that time ago with the raws.

......... ............so what if i do

YOU GUYS ARE SO TOUGH HUH

SURE

nono, I easily admit to being a little bitch and am scared shitless at most horror.

Dresden

bokugirl -

dat face

SP5YRDn.png

My Little MonsterTonari no Kaibutsu-kun Vol.01

iYbcJjE.jpg

Besides the bad title, ah, love this series so much and pretty nice to start from the beginning again after almost finishing it.

It's nice to see Suzuki and Haru's relationship start all over again and see how they changed from the start to the end. And to see how the great cast slowly form together. So much awesomeness.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
^mad jelly

Screaming Lessons 21-29
No but this last one could've totally made a statement about anorexia or something interesting

but then they go for the physically impossible, eh

Kurita

http://i.imgur.com/iYbcJjE.jpg[/IMG

Besides the bad title, ah, love this series so much and pretty nice to start from the beginning again after almost finishing it.

It's nice to see Suzuki and Haru's relationship start all over again and see how they changed from the start to the end. And to see how the great cast slowly form together. So much awesomeness.[/QUOTE]
Better than the French name which translates to "The boy next to me".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yankee-kun 211

So this basically ended the same way as medaka box did.

Wait, how does her starting school again even works?

neoanarch

Yankee-Kun and Megane-Chan end

Except for not ending the Adachi story in a good way. I have to say I enjoyed every single chapter until the end. This is one of the manga that I've been reading for so many years that I can't believe the end finally came. As much as I like Yamada, there aren't as many character or relationships that I like as much. In comparison the characters don't have the same energy and uniqueness.

Adachi has to be my favorite female character in manga. A lot of that has to do with the fact that she was never written like an archetype. Yes she was dense, but she wasn't and idiot and she was quickwitted and emotionally the most mature of the gang. She wasn't there to be the romantic interest for Shinigawa. She always felt like a full character and her not getting a final resolution does sting. But the ride was always fun and enjoyable.

Lain

iYbcJjE.jpg

It's nice to see Suzuki and Haru's relationship start all over again and see how they changed from the start to the end. And to see how the great cast slowly form together. So much awesomeness.

My Little Monster is the official title over here too and I thought it was a pretty nice title myself.

wonzo

Banned
Tetsuwan Girl 90-92 END

This was a real nice way to end things, not that I was expecting something like this starting the series but yeah. It's definitely one of the better endings I've read.

it's over ;-;

steins;fedora 15
oregadoutei15.png

dv abuse moe

Oh man, this chapter almost made me want the megane to lose. Almost.

Boku Girl 11

THE NEW
yuricam3.png

Kingdom 344-346

I was wondering when they'd pop up again and boy did they pick a good time to!

Fairy Tail Special

Juvia will never win lol

Fairy Tail

Wendy was so moe in this chapter, then she was so shonen at the end. Looks like we get 2 more weeks of extra long chapters with color pages

Akito

Checking in from a random manga cafe up North because they switched the ferry schedule, so I`m trapped on the tip of the mainland for four more hours.
Updates:
1. I have not been mauled by a bear...yet.
2. I have not found anything lewd for Akito...yet.

I guess I won`t read the rest, then... Tell me what happened! I`m surprised that it offended you so much.
It took an absurd amount of time to prep for the ending and still failed miserably so it's much worse than a rushed ending.
Basically Yoshikawa wrote Adachi out of the story for no reason at all, no one of the characters even knows what she was doing during the 4 years after graduation. Turns out she never even graduated and thus the story ends with her bugging Shinagawa on the toilet like the old times, only with him as a teacher and she as a first year student. No it doesn't make any sense.

Bakuman v20 (end)

Finished this volume a few days ago but I think I never made a post, or either I forgot if I did.

Fantastic ending with the voice acting drama and the final moments to get Reversi to triumph. The anime handled the voice acting arc a bit better just for the sake of being able to hear the characters voicing everyone, the music and drama of the mistake, and then the voices from the other voice actors and their level of talent. Meanwhile the anime also did give Reversi something quite memorable with the animated OP and then OLDCODEX Frame in Flame
tumblr_n2seklOE4P1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I kind of wish it did last longer, Nanamine needed more time and development.

Looking forward on if they team up again and bring PCP to the manga scene.

kasane

Bakuman v20 (end)

Finished this volume a few days ago but I think I never made a post, or either I forgot if I did.

Fantastic ending with the voice acting drama and the final moments to get Reversi to triumph. The anime handled the voice acting arc a bit better just for the sake of being able to hear the characters voicing everyone, the music and drama of the mistake, and then the voices from the other voice actors and their level of talent. Meanwhile the anime also did give Reversi something quite memorable with the animated OP and then OLDCODEX Frame in Flame
tumblr_n2seklOE4P1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I kind of wish it did last longer, Nanamine needed more time and development.

Looking forward on if they team up again and bring PCP to the manga scene.

i wish it lasted more tho

scy

Yankee-Kun and Megane-Chan end

Except for not ending the Adachi story in a good way. I have to say I enjoyed every single chapter until the end. This is one of the manga that I've been reading for so many years that I can't believe the end finally came. As much as I like Yamada, there aren't as many character or relationships that I like as much. In comparison the characters don't have the same energy and uniqueness.

Adachi has to be my favorite female character in manga. A lot of that has to do with the fact that she was never written like an archetype. Yes she was dense, but she wasn't and idiot and she was quickwitted and emotionally the most mature of the gang. She wasn't there to be the romantic interest for Shinigawa. She always felt like a full character and her not getting a final resolution does sting. But the ride was always fun and enjoyable.

For the most part, the ending does a fine job with Shinagawa. It's just everything involving Adachi kind of gets forgotten and the actual ending makes little sense. It's interesting, in a way, to end things like they began but it certainly feels like a complete lack of closure on anything related to her.

steins;fedora 15

Oh man, this chapter almost made me want the megane to lose. Almost.

Right? That's pretty much why I think she's ultimately the "real" girl for him to end up with. She's clearly central to the plot.

how would you read then?

Psychically.

14-sai no Koi Vol.04

I wish I was able to enjoy the thrill of switching between summer and winter uniforms and all the doki doki that goes with it.

Charade

Never had a uniform, but did have a strict dress code in my high school. I guess it was nice not having to really worry about what to wear each day. It was a pain at times though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom