• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had to deal with uniforms for school. And would never want to.

eh it wasn't that bad and it only lasted until uni.

Yeah, uniforms aren't really that big of a deal. Just makes dressing up easier.

Indeed plus you knew instantly which schools other people were from lol.

Yankee-Kun and Megane-Chan end

Adachi has to be my favorite female character in manga. A lot of that has to do with the fact that she was never written like an archetype. Yes she was dense, but she wasn't and idiot and she was quickwitted and emotionally the most mature of the gang. She wasn't there to be the romantic interest for Shinigawa. She always felt like a full character and her not getting a final resolution does sting. But the ride was always fun and enjoyable.

the fuckup for her was what pissed me off so much about it also the fact that i really loved the earlier parts when it was him and her going around and doing shit compared to when others started to join in.

this just felt like a weird reset for the hell of it

Akito

She doesn't even look different at the end :(
ioBKtfyj6PPJ0.png

ipi2JIxqAeaht.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I totally stopped reading Yankee-kun to Megane-chan because I read about that bullshit ending. Shit is frustrating, especially since the reason I liked it so much in the beginning was her, him, and the mystery around her. Once they got to the student council stuff, it got worse, but still okay. And then it ended up going fucking nowhere.

Screaming Lessons up to 39 + extras
Yeah this manga was stupid most of the time. That's disappointing.

Never had a uniform, but did have a strict dress code in my high school. I guess it was nice not having to really worry about what to wear each day. It was a pain at times though

Some series have the most stylish ones, the pants in MY LITTLE MONSTER. Though some have ugly shoes (SNAFU). Would be mixed on a uniform irl.

Lain

Karakuri Circus volume 1
JAD.jpg

Read Karakuri Circus volume 1 today, Fujita is the fucking boss.
Volume starts at full throttle and keeps it rolling for the whole duration of the volume, relenting only a little bit here and there and still managing to present the main characters in a meaningful way without getting in the middle of the action, so while everything is quick there is still detail presented.

I liked Shirogane's cool demeanor, which only breaks down with Masaru. She's a bit too distrustful of Narumi, though to be honest who wouldn't be given how Narumi looks and acts? Dude is way nicer and cooler than he looks like initially and by the end of the first volume I've come to really like him.

The whole marionettes part promises some weird but interesting battles (as shown in this first volume already) but Narumi managing to keep up somewhat with his kenpo adds even more possibilities.
Now to get the second volume at the beginning of April, and hope the pub doesn't cut this, given it's 43 volumes long.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Running off of expectations from Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, Yoshikawa is going to make sure that in Seven Witches, at the end Yamada and Shiraishi break up and don't get back together ever and just go their separate ways with sad looks on their faces.

Running off of expectations from Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, Yoshikawa is going to make sure that in Seven Witches, at the end Yamada and Shiraishi break up and don't get back together ever and just go their separate ways with sad looks on their faces.

Yeah, but that implies there's an ending.

It'll be more like everyone's memories get erased again and Yamada just doesn't try and fix it again, reverting back to the beginning of the series.

scy

;___;

Yeah, but that implies there's an ending.

It'll be more like everyone's memories get erased again and Yamada just doesn't try and fix it again, reverting back to the beginning of the series.

It would end with them running into each other on the stairs again and then nothing.

Gepetto 76

GJ kid. Might have been worthwhile making those jammers a bit more damage resistant.

thesaucetastic said:
Screaming Lessons 1-33
a bunch of related posts
O5biRmU.png

thesaucetastic: B-
scy: 0.75 Chitoges
upandaway: yellow

Also I spent my entire UK school life in uniforms, and it made me the morally upstanding person I am today.

Occult Academy 1-5 (END)
#undead

Quasi-sensical supernatural shenanigans revolving around the titular Occult Academy and an armageddon prophecy. I remember watching the anime a while back and enjoying the first half at least, which is more than I can say for this. Trying to cram the main parts of the anime into 5 chapters was never going to end well.

I was never good at school.
Your rank just dropped to 0.35 Tsugumis.

can't I at least get a couple of brownie points, this'll tank my gpa and then I can't be successful and graduate from reading manga :'(
If you finish all the released chapters and say something else positive about Yomi I'll bump you up to a B-+.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
eh it wasn't that bad and it only lasted until uni.

Indeed plus you knew instantly which schools other people were from lol.

the fuckup for her was what pissed me off so much about it also the fact that i really loved the earlier parts when it was him and her going around and doing shit compared to when others started to join in.

this just felt like a weird reset for the hell of it

Agreed, those early chapters were amazingly funny. Then everyone joined in and it was ok for a while, then the college arc happened and everything went to shit.

Jintor

In all honestly, I don't even remember what was the end goal of the series was at the start. Get Yankee-kun to school or something?

"What's the deal with this crazy girl"

i think it was finding out what made megane-chan change from god-tier delinquent queen to become a terrible but enthusiastic student

or did we find that out? i completely forgot.

It was always just antics.

Which is probably why I didn't care so much about it going nowhere then, lol.

i think it was finding out what made megane-chan change from god-tier delinquent queen to become a terrible but enthusiastic student

I was never all that interested in finding out why. Thought it was cool that happened but didn't care about the why.

Jintor

but the personality shift was so drastic!

but if revealed it probably would've been, like, to save a kid or some bullshit. idk

but the personality shift was so drastic!

but if revealed it probably would've been, like, to save a kid or some bullshit. idk

I just assumed it was something like she wasn't happy with her current life, saw some inspiration and decided to change or whatever

Jintor

boooooooooooooorinnnnnnnnnnnnnng

what if her grandfather was the prime minister and then dishonoured her family and then she was all like THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN A SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT

Furyous

Yankee-Kun and Megane-Chan

Let me see if I get this straight:

Everyone else leads a cool life but she stays the same? The whole refusing to turn in the application was a cop out. No school would let that happen in real life. This ending is lazy. WHERE IS MY HAPPY EVER AFTER ENDING? Adachi x Shiragawa was right there and THEY DUN FUCKED IT UP, as the great opiner of videogame knowledge Angry Joe would say.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yankee-Kun and Megane-Chan

Let me see if I get this straight:

Everyone else leads a cool life but she stays the same? The whole refusing to turn in the application was a cop out. No school would let that happen in real life. This ending is lazy. WHERE IS MY HAPPY EVER AFTER ENDING? Adachi x Shiragawa was right there and THEY DUN FUCKED IT UP, as the great opiner of videogame knowledge Angry Joe would say.

Yup, which is why everyone's so pissed off. They could have gotten a similar ending but made it actually good if they
made her a teacher and not a student
. Nothing would have to change in that chapter other than an outfit and a few lines. It was just so close to a decent ending that it's infuriating.

scy

The only thing we know is it involves her family.

Yup, which is why everyone's so pissed off. They could have gotten a similar ending but made it actually good if they
made her a teacher and not a student
. Nothing would have to change in that chapter other than an outfit and a few lines. It was just so close to a decent ending that it's infuriating.

Yup. The way it went instead was essentially just
lol we reset everything. All it took was have her look slightly older with her glasses off and hair down and have her arrive as the new Principal or another teacher or whatever. Could even have used it as a way to show just how far they both came from simply being "Yankee-kun and Megane-chan." Instead it's this sort of non-ending

boooooooooooooorinnnnnnnnnnnnnng

what if her grandfather was the prime minister and then dishonoured her family and then she was all like THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN A SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT

Sorry, only one person is cool enough to have that kind of backstory.

Comic Walker is live with 18 manga in english. Shocked I can read Gundam Origin on it.

Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin Special Edition
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin
Mobile Suit Gundam-San
Non Non Biyori
Haganai
SGT Frog
Nobunaga The Fool
Kyou Kara Ma no Tsuku Jiyuugyou
Fate/kaleid Liner Prisma Illya Drei 3
New Sister Archfiend Testament
Kagerou Daze