• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soma 63

xjXOFYF.png

Haha dat evil grin. Sakaki is hot damn. Cant wait for the dishes.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! 12
so gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

because

GwzyFxS.png

this

bOwbEER.png

happened

also dat
fakeout damn it just be honest and get together with her already you know she wants it :(
confession

SOMA
Alice and Soma are such care-free characters...
That is way I like them as the top characters

Both of them always have those comedic eyes...

Laughing all the time
That panel where he said he wanted to try out her dish if he asked her and that side panel said she wouldn't mind...

And lastly they both make those evil faces when they have an idea

Nanatsu no Tazai
King is going to go crazy

Kagerou Daze 1 (comic walker)
BjS3DyhCEAEFU6S.png:large

I need to know who will be Shintaro's voice actor, or rather need the PV for it! Hopefully he sounds amazing.

Need to try to get comicwalker on my kindle fire hd, I thought it works great on my android phone since its app downloads the chapter and none of that refreshing like on crunchyroll manga app.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If it was someone like Nikumi or Tadokoro, sure. But that was a whole chapter of Ryoko, there. She ate Soma's candies and everything. She was in seduction mode the whole way. I'm just watching out for people.

I dunno. Seemed more like friends chatting than anything else.

Genji the Death's Friend 2
tumblr_n2uaqpKhHg1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Touya is incredibly good looking for the band, and the personality and reactions to the water bottle scene. Though there was barely any progress it still probably now my second favorite of the mangabox series.

Soma 63

So much Ryouko in this chapter. Which I'm totally ok with btw. Damn...

This battle is so hype. Interested to see what Alice has come up with.

Also, what is Soma going to do? I assume it's something to do with sweets (candy), which would be interesting.

I want more Soma :(

kasane

Soma 63

So much Ryouko in this chapter. Which I'm totally ok with btw. Damn...

This battle is so hype. Interested to see what Alice has come up with.

Also, what is Soma going to do? I assume it's something to do with sweets (candy), which would be interesting.

I want more Soma :(

shes the wild card for the best girl

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki on Soma

Interesting to see a Soma & Ryoko chapter, I guess after so much time with Megumi and Nikumi, they had to give another girl some time with him.

Surprised to see the Isobe cameo. Apparently that series is really popular in Japan now, and will never be localized as it's far too Japanese (and it's a gag manga).

Next chapter will be Alice's dish, then after that Soma's dish.

kasane

Shokugeki on Soma

Interesting to see a Soma & Ryoko chapter, I guess after so much time with Megumi and Nikumi, they had to give another girl some time with him.

Surprised to see the Isobe cameo. Apparently that series is really popular in Japan now, and will never be localized as it's far too Japanese (and it's a gag manga).

Next chapter will be Alice's dish, then after that Soma's dish.

more like alice dish

15 page reactions

another chapter = explanations

then soma

shes the wild card for the best girl

I feel like every girl in this is a wildcard for best girl. Author has made a really strong cast of girls that would probably win most other mangas. But Erina will win, as is destined and right, and other girls will be sad which will break my heart :(

Even childhood friend was an ok childhood friend (also got a callback in this chapter).

It's really an unfortunate situation.

my name recognition is really shot. I can't remember anybody's names in Yankee-kun at all.

Well remembering names is hard, but I generally recognized most characters from Yankee-kun.

I think there was like one or two characters in the epilogue that I didn't recognize off the bat and probably don't remember what they did at all.

Saiki Kusuo No Psi Nan - 9

Really funny chapter, and his parents are great. I still can't tell when Saiki is talking. Everything he says is in a thought square, so it seems like he's thinking everything.

scy

How's Watashi ni XX Shinasai! anyone read it?

It's okay but suffers a bit from so many love polygons over time. It also seems to have a case of shitting itself pretty badly recently, though part of that may be my bad memory on why I shouldn't hate the addition of a new guy this late.

Soma 63

So much Ryouko in this chapter. Which I'm totally ok with btw.

Hands down, my favorite girl in Soma design wise, though don't think much of her as a Soma candidate. That's for the lesser girls.

Long time no post.

Any legit romance recommendations? No smut.

No smut? Damn.

Horimiya, Last Game, Game Over, 14-sai no Koi, Bonnouji.

Edit: Oh, right, I should also include Honto no Kanojo for expanding my horizons.

scy

Soma 63 -

xZhkbFS.png

I really do love me some Ryouko. Anyway, some kind of candied dish on one side and didn't see enough of the other to figure what route she's taking. It'll probably be something with liquid nitrogen since everyone seems to latch onto that when they think of molecular gastonomy (and would go with the "mist" here).

I bet there's some foam too.

AKB49 153 - Another "I'll retire from being an idol" situation. Seems to be a trend. Also, Minori's harem grows. Also, Alice getting in more bad situations. Also:

Desmond

well thats hard

what type of romance are you looking for?

It's okay but suffers a bit from so many love polygons over time. It also seems to have a case of shitting itself pretty badly recently, though part of that may be my bad memory on why I shouldn't hate the addition of a new guy this late.

Hands down, my favorite girl in Soma design wise, though don't think much of her as a Soma candidate. That's for the lesser girls.

No smut? Damn.

Horimiya, Last Game, Game Over, 14-sai no Koi, Bonnouji.

Edit: Oh, right, I should also include Honto no Kanojo for expanding my horizons.

It'll happen...
eventually

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! 13

Yuri the great uniter? I feel there is an important lesson to be had here.

Edit:

I'll add Itoshi no Karin

I keep asking everyone to read Men's Kou, but no one wants to >:|

It's legit good and it's pretty short.

Thanks everyone. I'm just not in the mood for smut lately, haha. I kinda just want a slice of life with a focus on romance. :)

scy

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! 13 - This was the greatest chapter. This is my new favorite girl.

yuri is fine too

Stealth Symphony 5 - It's shallow but it seems my ability to care goes up greatly with the addition of the main girl.

Better that she's crazy, though pretty normal when he actually meets her. A blind girl, though? So soon after Eye Scream guy there. If this was a darker story, I'd expect her to die in this next engagement.
With how big of a deal their meeting was exaggerated, I'm still expecting it

Thanks everyone. I'm just not in the mood for smut lately, haha. I kinda just want a slice of life with a focus on romance. :)

Bonnouji, 14-sai no Koi, and Horimiya will fit that the best most likely. Itoshi no Karin and Game Over are super adorable but probably a bit less slice of life-y.

Busaiku

I don't like that we have to download each chapter individually, and browsing through the titles feels super clunky, but other than that, it's been really good.
After downloading, turning the pages is much faster than with Weekly Shonen Jump, Manga Box, or Crunchyroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom