• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Beelzebub 240 END:

At least the series got an horribly rushed ending and there were no plots that needed to be tied up, but I think I'm done picking up any more Jump series. I can't think of one Jump series I've read that's gotten a good/acceptable ending since the "One Piece, Naruto, Bleach" era started.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hanseishite Kameda-kun
Sweet oneshot about a boy trying to understand what dating a girl is all about. The disjointed way it was told was kind of tedious, but it was really thoughtful regardless. Probably one of the few manga I've read told in 2nd person.

ob32bsj.png

D-Frag! 37

Don't be bullying Funabori, Ataru!

She is an angel and best wife.

Nurse complaining over Kazama's yelling was good and there's no hiding that lady was Chitose sister.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Beelzebub 240 END:

At least the series got an horribly rushed ending and there were no plots that needed to be tied up, but I think I'm done picking up any more Jump series. I can't think of one Jump series I've read that's gotten a good/acceptable ending since the "One Piece, Naruto, Bleach" era started.

At least it's not as bad as Slam Dunk.

Or Nurarihyon no Mago... although for this one it's helped tremendously by Urara's focused final chapters *and* the author has the gall of clearly marking who is the winning girl in the romance department--truly, truly unheard of in the world of action-y Shounen mangas.

At least it's not as bad as Slam Dunk.

Or Nurarihyon no Mago... although for this one it's helped tremendously by Urara's focused final chapters *and* the author has the gall of clearly marking who is the winning girl in the romance department--truly, truly unheard of in the world of action-y Shounen mangas.

I didn't think Slam Dunk's ending was bad. I like it, so's Nurahiyon no Mago.

A bad shonen ending for me is Katekyo Hitman Reborn, or Mx0.

Charade

Yep, the conlict here and the "resolution" is pretty clear, so I hope they don't waste too much time in it. Though I wonder if this is going to end soon, when she loses the powers.

It feels like its wrapping up soon.

Koe no Katachi 26

I'm guessing the topic of Ishida came up during the ride. Nishimiya also doesn't seem too phased in that last panel, but it's hard to tell.

wonzo

Banned
Inu Yashiki 1

This begins with a 58 year old man trying his hardest to provide for his ungrateful and uncaring family and ends up with him getting diagnosed with Stomach Cancer. This leads to him running away at night and getting blown up by the crash-landing of a spaceship filled with ant-sized aliens that end up rebuilding him with an armed robot.

Now, the idea of a Geriatric WMD sounds pretty fucking amazing but it is by the author of Gantz so there's a 110% chance of this series turning out to be total shit in the end but I DONT GIVE A FUCK.

kasane

Inu Yashiki 1

This begins with a 58 year old man trying his hardest to provide for his ungrateful and uncaring family and ends up with him getting diagnosed with Stomach Cancer. This leads to him running away at night and getting blown up by the crash-landing of a spaceship filled with ant-sized aliens that end up rebuilding him with an armed robot.

Now, the idea of a Geriatric WMD sounds pretty fucking amazing but it is by the author of Gantz so there's a 110% chance of this series turning out to be total shit in the end but I DONT GIVE A FUCK.

even when gantz turning out like that in the end i still enjoyed it

but the synopsis is wtf worthy

Quixzlizx

Koe no Katachi 26
Did anyone else notice that Ueno reobtained her X, and then kept it despite Ishida realizing that she was meddling in exactly the same way that he did? If he doesn't turn it around, there might be more Xs reappearing.

I sort of like how Ueno isn't giving any fucks, even though she can be a bitch about it. Getting into a fight with Nishimiya is probably more constructive than Ishida's self-loathing spiral.

Also, everyone but Ueno blowing off Ishida after he killed the mood seemed pretty authentically high-school to me.

Shomin Sample 9

I wonder whether Reiko is going to have another outburst once he tells her that he planned her reconciliation together with Aika.

Umi no Misaki 126

Supposedly it's ending in two chapters. I guess it'd have to, since the plot was entirely resolved a few chapters ago.

scy

Kimi ni Happiness - I honestly have no idea when I started reading this. I mean, I was pretty sure I was in the middle of reading something else entirely (Hanagimi to Koisuru Watashi, I think), grabbed a drink, and then came back and read this.

...anyway, cliche girl meets guy love at first sight. Added bit of "ooh, drama" with his whole dating another girl who's already dating someone else and stuff.

I have no idea how I found my way to it.

Hunter X Hunter had a pretty good ending.

Oh you.

Inu Yashiki 1

This reminds me of when I first found Geekomancy of where I've read the synopsis like five times and I'm still not sure what the hell I just read but I'm pretty sure I need to know.

Umi no Misaki 126

Supposedly it's ending in two chapters. I guess it'd have to, since the plot was entirely resolved a few chapters ago.

I'm still not sure I even know what happened with the plot. He was supposed to die with a girl but ended up not dying AND choosing all the girls? I think that's how the whole arc went? I dunno. I stopped really paying attention once he started sleeping with them all.

Beelzebub End

;_; WHY! ;_;

So sad to see it end but at least it was a nice ending. Aoi never got Oga but Oga didn't end up anybody so it was fine.

Wish it could continue in comedy form. Seriously the jokes in the final chapter were really good. Stupid Japanese readers and not voting to keep this alive! ;_;

Aoi with short hair was cute and I died when I saw Beel not even change in appearance while Kouta became a 5 year old. All the best to Tamura and his future. Its a bright one and he might get a hit with his new mangas.

Quixzlizx

I'm still not sure I even know what happened with the plot. He was supposed to die with a girl but ended up not dying AND choosing all the girls? I think that's how the whole arc went? I dunno. I stopped really paying attention once he started sleeping with them all.

Yep, and now they're all on vacation in Hokkaido for some reason.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Beelzebub End

Incredibly rushed.

THE GENERAL finally got the respect he deserved. Even Beel learned to say his name before Oga's!

wonzo

Banned
This reminds me of when I first found Geekomancy of where I've read the synopsis like five times and I'm still not sure what the hell I just read but I'm pretty sure I need to know.
Clerks meets Buffy the Vampire the Slayer in this original urban fantasy eBook about Geekomancers—humans that derive supernatural powers from pop culture.

Ree Reyes’s life was easier when all she had to worry about was scraping together tips from her gig as a barista and comicshop slave to pursue her ambitions as a screenwriter.

When a scruffy-looking guy storms into the shop looking for a comic like his life depends on it, Ree writes it off as just another day in the land of the geeks. Until a gigantic “BOOM!” echoes from the alley a minute later, and Ree follows the rabbit hole down into her town’s magical flip-side. Here, astral cowboy hackers fight trolls, rubber-suited werewolves, and elegant Gothic Lolita witches while wielding nostalgia-powered props.

Ree joins Eastwood (aka Scruffy Guy), investigating a mysterious string of teen suicides as she tries to recover from her own drag-your-heart-through-jagged-glass breakup. But as she digs deeper, Ree discovers Eastwood may not be the knight-in-cardboard armor she thought. Will Ree be able to stop the suicides, save Eastwood from himself, and somehow keep her job?​

ohhh.png

Mortemis

Banned
One Piece

Why didn't Usopp just shoot the grape into the bowl after Trebol left? Hmm, I need to re-read this chapter, kinda read it in a rush.

Naruto

Lmao, I don't even care anymore. Watcha gonna do sorry ass Obito. Madara is invincible, he ain't gonna die from anything less than a stupid ass deus ex machina.

Bleach

I... actually liked this chapter, for once. Rukia wasn't useless, she actually got the kill. Or at least, I hope she did. Please for the love of god don't stretch this out any further Kubo.

Kingdom 1 - 216

Welp, I gotta say, it takes a really good manga to make me read over 200 chapters so quick. I'm loving every bit of this. The only thing that bothers me is that this Ryofui bastard has still not been dealt with, but other than that this is gold. Go hi shin unit!

Beelzebub END

It was fun while it lasted I guess. It was never that big of a series for me, but still enjoyable every week. You will be missed baby beel!

....Now back to Kingdom.

Senyuu: Alba・Ross "The Hero of Port City"

LOUyraNl.jpg

The story of how our favorite sadist meets his favorite plaything before they start their journey to defeat the demon king.

Still funny as the main series.

Korosenai

Im thinking if Usopp would have shot the grape at Sugar, Trebol would have shot it down. If he can spot a fly and shoot it between the eyes, theres no way Usopp could have shot that grape in there without it being noticed.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Im thinking if Usopp would have shot the grape at Sugar, Trebol would have shot it down. If he can spot a fly and shoot it between the eyes, theres no way Usopp could have shot that grape in there without it being noticed.

He's probably waiting for an opening or something

scy

Clerks meets Buffy the Vampire the Slayer in this original urban fantasy eBook about Geekomancers—humans that derive supernatural powers from pop culture.

And, when I bought it, it was $2!

It wasn't that bad for a pop-y urban fantasy read, really. Kind of quaint and charming, flowed reasonably well enough, and the pop culture references weren't enough to make me hate myself (though, I tend to always find those amusing because I'm a terrible person).

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Waltz no Ojikan 1
A boy from a family-owned ballroom dancing school finds the perfect partner in a chubby girl who has no confidence in her appearance. I don't know how I feel about it; the plot's good, but the characters don't really draw me in that much. I think it has a good concept that's executed not poorly, but not great either. I guess I'll stick around for a few more chapters.

Loco4Coco

I'm so disinterested in the Shippuden manga,hopefully it ends soon. The only reason I continue to read it is I'm already this far might as well finish.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
ONE PIECE

One Piece's larger scale events are generally fantastic, and when the big characters like Don Flamingo directly involves himself in the action, things are quite a rush.

However, I am at loss reading smaller arcs such as the one depicted in this chapter. "The plan failed"? So what since I have absolutely no clue what plan is it that's failed anyways! Ah well... I shouldn't have read OP one chapter per week, better to just read it in bulk....

It's all so chaotic and full of people ramblings here and there that I just gave up.

I forgot to post my crunchyroll manga impressions.

Yamada

I like how Shiraishi wasn't even there the last two chapters. I guess that now she's Yamada's girlfriend she has nothing else to do. Odagiri's right, you should have chosen her dude.

UQ Holder

Damn this is pretty violent. Still needs more interesting characters though.

Wagatsuma (I don't know why I even bother)

Good. I hope you die alone you obnoxious loser. You could have chosen manga-girl but NOPE.

I'm so disinterested in the Shippuden manga,hopefully it ends soon. The only reason I continue to read it is I'm already this far might as well finish.

I think a lot of people feel that way towards it and Bleach and even One Piece. The thing is that most of us know the latter 2 are going to end soon if not by next year. OP though....

I love Oda's work but maybe I need to take a break. I'm not feeling the One Piece magic anymore.

The same sense of adventure and new characters/villains aren't matching up to the ones he had before in the previous arcs.

Quasar

Mashumaro Ecchi 1-5 - well this doesnt look to be staying in the pleasant place it started at. Really pretty art though.

Loco4Coco

I think a lot of people feel that way towards it and Bleach and even One Piece. The thing is that most of us know the latter 2 are going to end soon if not by next year. OP though....

I love Oda's work but maybe I need to take a break. I'm not feeling the One Piece magic anymore.

The same sense of adventure and new characters/villains aren't matching up to the ones he had before in the previous arcs.

The One Piece manga for me has been fine, but the episodes on the other hand has not.Probably end up taking a break then marathon through the episodes.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The One Piece manga for me has been fine, but the episodes on the other hand has not.Probably end up taking a break then marathon through the episodes.

Yeah. The manga is still awesome, but the anime... good lord the anime.
There's a reason the "One Pace" project exists.

Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou 14

So much bromance.

Hell, the beginning of the chapter felt like having Hase meet his family event.

Actually wonder where this arc will go.

scy

I'm glad I'm not the only one who went "Did we unlock the Hase route?" to that chapter.

Still holding onto the Akine route dream.

smurfx

get some go again
since trebol is such a great marksman then isn't usopp the one that will have to fight him? maybe robin will help but i dont know what she can do against a guy made of glue.

One Piece's anime has been crap since Impel Down imho. Dropped the anime right after the terrible Marineford arc and never looked back except to check out the crew after the timeskip.

Aizo

Banned
Inu Yashiki 1

I'm pretty sure that I swore to never read another one of his works in the last OT.
It sounds so awesome....
Let me know how it goes. ;_;

Loco4Coco

since trebol is such a great marksman then isn't usopp the one that will have to fight him? maybe robin will help but i dont know what she can do against a guy made of glue.

Robin should of just cover Trebol's eyes while Usopp shot the grape. All they need to do is "revive" the toy soldiers, then all hell breaks loose.

kasane

You will end up a corpse bro. ;_;

But really I hope the end of both Naruto and Bleach makes Jump scramble to bring back HXH so they don't lose more readers.
That's what I think, when naruto ends togashi will suddenly find the motivation to draw since he's gonna be at the top again.

Beelzebub

Phoned in doesn't even begin to describe it. Nothing happened between Oga and Aoi. The latter managed to fuck up the long to short hair transition in the worst way. Terrible jokes. No conclusion.

It's like this chapter was specifically made to piss me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom