• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I took this Viz survey because hey, why not (I do import some Viz books).
I do wonder if hey're gonna believe my answer to the "how many manga volumes you bought last year" question lol.

I'm glad that was to the point and didn't drag at all. Thanks to survivor for recommending it.

would have been nice to see the
actual wedding
but given some of the art and the hints from the characters i would say it went well.

I took this Viz survey because hey, why not (I do import some Viz books).
I do wonder if hey're gonna believe my answer to the "how many manga volumes you bought last year" question lol.

they might and say "holy shit we need this person to buy our stuff so lets pay attention" but that's just me being positive/idealistic lol

Wiseblade

I've moaned about this a few times, but my Manga storage situation just reached critical mass. I can no longer fit 69 One Piece volumes, 25 Ultimate Spider-Man volumes, 6 FMA Volumes, 3 Magi volumes along with a handful of other books and comics in a compartment of my wardrobe.

Retcon: No

Akito

Kiss My Ass 1
iDZibTfFn84xV.jpg
A girl and a boy becoming best butts thanks to a common enemy, hemorrhoids. Oh Japan, never change.

Solune

You may be interested in 14-Sai no Koi, from the same author, though it's not as much "to the point".
I read the first two chapters before I passed out last night, it's fairly cute so I will keep reading it.
Man, I should've made a flashier post when I brought it up.

As otherwise mentioned, 14-sai no Koi is good for the similar feels, though it's dragged out a bit since it's still on-going. Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep is a little bit more drama'd up (because yuri, I guess) but still has the same spirit.

Oh maybe you caught survivor's eye with your post about it then? He mentioned it on twitter so that's how I caught wind of it since I rarely visit GAF now.

I'll also look into the latter, thanks!
would have been nice to see the
actual wedding
but given some of the art and the hints from the characters i would say it went well.

Yah I actually wanted to see who Akemi invited as well, but there was no straying from the main story.

scy

I've moaned about this a few times, but my Manga storage situation just reached critical mass. I can no longer fit 69 One Piece volumes, 25 Ultimate Spider-Man volumes, 6 FMA Volumes, 3 Magi volumes along with a handful of other books and comics in a compartment of my wardrobe.

Retcon: No

Don't worry, they'll release a 69-in-1 One Piece set for you.

I was so close. What's the prize, anyway?

I have no idea.

Oh maybe you caught survivor's eye with your post about it then? He mentioned it on twitter so that's how I caught wind of it since I rarely visit GAF now.

I'll also look into the latter, thanks!

Haha, I just mentioned it here since some people picked up 14-sai no Koi and the Game Over pairing is closer to the best pairing so I figured people would like it. And then survivor did an actual post of it's adorable-ness which I think actually got people to read it.

Solune

Haha, I just mentioned it here since some people picked up 14-sai no Koi and the Game Over pairing is closer to the best pairing so I figured people would like it. And then survivor did an actual post of it's adorable-ness which I think actually got people to read it.

Gotta show your product to sell it sometimes! The blushing (
and scarves
) sold me.

14-sai no Koi is good because the couple don't beat around the bush like Kimi ni Todoke. Which reminds me I need to catch up on that, think I have 2 years worth.

survivor

Banned
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 14

This page just killed me. Fuck, this manga is funnier than I expected it to be.

and looks like there is a gap between chapter 19 and 22, might as well stop reading it for now and not rush through it.

Gotta show your product to sell it sometimes! The blushing (
and scarves
) sold me.

14-sai no Koi is good because the couple don't beat around the bush like Kimi ni Todoke. Which reminds me I need to catch up on that, think I have 2 years worth.
I bet nothing happened in these past 2 years

scy

Now that I think about it, makes all those stories like Real Account make sense. Just clearing room for more manga volumes...how meta.

Gekkan Shoujo I don't know how many chapters I read but was that a Raccoon? - Space and time transcending Racoon-san.

Edit:

rl61Zsn.png

Nooooooooooooooooo

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In all honesty, I marked out a little at Rukia having a Bankai. Now I just need to pray Kubo makes it do something more interesting than Hitsugaya's (MORE ICE!!!)

scy

...pretty sure I just read something about a guy becoming a hamster. Ningen Deshita. Maybe I need to make more coffee.

Kingdom 331-332 - Oh hey, Mouki making an appearance. And Shin showing off a bit.

Well, looks like the defense of Sai starts proper.

Edit: Welp, looks like I was right. Ningen Deshita 1-4 - Kid dies, has his soul transferred into a hamster, and then it's basically just a typical high school romance story. I'm guessing the flower-girl taking care of him will die at the end and be transferred to a flower because foreshadowing and need to fill a drama/tragedy quota.

I've also just read a manga involving love and a hamster so I guess that means I can cross that off my bucket list.

Gekkan Shoujo Raccoon-san 18 -

this is my favorite running joke

Lain

Could I look at your Steam account and think you have a press account or something?

I wish. All the 10 games for 5$ kind of bundles really bloat it.

Mairunovich volume 3
C09.jpg

Not sure if I talked about the first two volumes, but let it be known that I think this is a quite nice shojo.

From the premise it's apparent that the story is more or less a take on the ugly duckling. Our protagonist Mairu is a sloppy girl with big glasses that consider, and is considered by everyone, ugly. Her life is hell, with schoolmates playing pretty mean jokes on her.
She starts off with a defeatist/victim attitude, but also thanks to the help of the pretty guy Tenyu she starts changing herself around, shedding her ugly duckling skin.

Now, given the cliché in the genre, I expected Mairu to fall in love with Tenyu, instead she's fallen for Narutaro, a guy from another school she met at one of those blind get together and by volume 3 they got together and even kissed.
Volume 3 has them going to a themepark as part of a double date with Tenyu and Ayano (the bad girl of the story), which highlights Narutaro jealousy toward how close Mairu and Tenyu are as friends, and Mairu going so far as to cut her relationship completely with Tenyu because, as she puts it, Naru now is the most important thing in her life and she doesn't want to lose him.

I didn't really like these turn of events, since I don't believe in cutting friendships for those reasons, but with 5 more volumes to go there is plenty of time for things to change.

Wiseblade

Mob Psycho 100 volume 2
This manga is fun to read, but I can't help wishing this got the Murata treatment too. The two of them should just collaborate on everything.

Soma

As much as I like Maruta, I don't think I'd be enjoying Mob Psycho as much if it weren't for ONE's unique art style.

I totally wouldn't mind seeing a few promotional artworks from him though.

Kingdom

Heh, can´t wait for the start of the fight. The fight is so uneven it will be interesting to see Sai city put up a fight. Still expecting mountain fighters to come in and interfere anytime. I wonder how come Sai did not send an SOS to mountain warriors.

Dresden

I like OPM (Murata Edition), but he needs to go back to drawing hotblooded sports manga. ONE's art is a perfect fit for the kind of deadpan humor he does, and he keeps getting better with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom