• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

When Hase came to the apartment, it really felt like he was Yuushi's dad instead of his friend with all those gifts. The Miyazaki reference was funny, and so was the faux BL. It was cute that Hase was pretending not to be afraid the whole time. I can see why scy thinks this is going down the bromantic route.

It's that and Chapter 8.5 with Hase buying cute stationary for sending letters and his general reactions to the teasing of his family.

It's a SHAFT production so expect headtilts galore.

So I need to watch this?

Akito

Wait, did it? I thought you guys said it was lukewarm, which made a lot of sense. Am I coloring my memories?
The anime was bad but the manga still got some boost so Nisekoi has no excuse.
Except that the Nisekoi manga is not all that good in the first place.

Looks like Kodansha USA's final announcement today is Attack on Titan Colossal Edition.

Attack on Titan: Colossal Edition!

The Colossal Edition collects the first five volumes of Attack on Titan, bigger than you’ve ever seen them before. Clocking in at 7”x10.5” and around 1,000 pages, this enormous book will be printed on premium-quality paper for the best Titan reading experience.

This is one you’ll want on your shelf (if your shelf is big enough)!

Priced at $59.99, the Colossal Edition is lumbering to stores on May 27!

zzzzzzz

I never knew these terms of moe, lolie and smut until I started participating in these threads

I just want to say... Thank you for corrupting me MangaGAF

wonzo

Banned
This is easily becoming Kodansha USA's Dragonball Z. Will not buy until a full colour edition is offered.
yeah because if theres one thing the industry needs more of its shitty recoloured editions
snoop.png

The 3-in-1 volumes are big enough, a 5-in-1 volume just seems unnecessarily big.

Well based on the dims they provided, it basically looks like it'll be the size of an artbook. So you can place this on your coffee table and people will groan when they see it.

Akito

Beelzebub (end)
There goes another one, the ending was not too bad considering the cancellation I guess but still, poor Aoi, who also totally got downgraded with the short hair.

Let's do this for the last time Aoi
= memory loss Hilda
> Hilda

scy

Sometimes you just need convenient murder weapons.

Beelzebub END - ...could've been worse, I guess. I never was fully invested, though, so I guess that's another thing.

I think I feel bad for Aoi.

dumbyugi

Beelzebub END

Could have been a worse ending. I still wouldn't call it a good ending though. My thoughts on the series as a whole is that it was really good as a comedy but not very good when it got serious. 7/10. I'll check out the spin-off when it starts but I'm not expecting much from it.

scy

Are: After Boyfriend - Just a cute short (4 chapters) romance story. Kind of similar pairing as Horimiya, I guess. I think I just like these kind of stories too much, even if they're super cliche.

Extend that to most of her one-shots too.

Beezlebub
2 years skip? (we could of had more years of content)

Baby Beel never grew up when everyone else did

Sigh good bye Beezlebub
;(

We only have the (probably chubby) spinoff to read

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Beelzebub (end)
Well I see Aoi and Oga went nowhere. Why did she chop her hair off. :( And lol Beel didn't grow up at all? So weird. This doesn't even feel like an ending. I don't know if I'll read the spin off, we'll see.

Beelzebub - END

This whole chapter I was hoping to see a more mature Beel, but was disappointed. It would have been cool to see Beel standing right next to him, or being older but still riding on his back.

Now I have to look for another weekly series to read since this is over. One Piece isn't going to last foreve... nevermind.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Even if this was an 'ok' One Piece I really enjoyed it, Usopp is so awesome. Him encouraging the Tontata so he doesn't have to fight because it'll be too one-sided and the Tontata buying into it made me laugh.

Usopp is one of the greatest characters of all time in manga.

Akito

Not to say long hair > short hair per se but has there been a female character who looked better after cutting her hair?

Beelzebub End

Wow I started in July 2013...so I didnt even get a full year with it. It was a pretty wild ride and truly at its best whenever it was focused on the stuff at school. Furuichi and Oga made a fun friendship thing and Furuichi gets award for best development in the manga, the arc when he had the tissues and could control all the demons was the best and Im glad he retained that proficiency even at this end (based on the demon comments), and never forget Creepichi, and then all the tiny Furuichis, lol.

Zebul Blast earns a place on the best abilities list too and one of the amazing things he did in this series, never getting old whenever it was shown. His action moments were often good and felt different from the norm.

Will also miss En.

Great final chapter to close things out though and satisfied giving something that didnt feel like I needed more or felt uninspired or giving a "thats it" type of feeling. Second baby was a bit much and unnecessary and Hilda could have became nicer over time or something. 9/10

upandaway

Beelzebub

Well, okay, it was beelzebub, and it also was an ending. If you know what beelzebub is, and if you know what an ending is, you know what a beelzebub ending is. It was
OH OKAY I SEE NOW OKAY, YEAH, SURE, IT'S ALL COOL

IT'S OKAY I'M TOTALLY FINE WITH AOI CUTTING HER HAIR, I DON'T EVEN NEED A REASON FOR IT, OH WAIT THERE WASN'T ANY ANYWAY. I MEAN THIS HAPPENS SO OFTEN THAT I'M USED TO IT AT THIS POINT, AM I RIGHT? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAaaaaaa

scy

Beelzebub

Well, okay, it was beelzebub, and it also was an ending. If you know what beelzebub is, and if you know what an ending is, you know what a beelzebub ending is. It was

IT'S OKAY I'M TOTALLY FINE WITH AOI CUTTING HER HAIR, I DON'T EVEN NEED A REASON FOR IT, OH WAIT THERE WASN'T ANY ANYWAY. I MEAN THIS HAPPENS SO OFTEN THAT I'M USED TO IT AT THIS POINT, AM I RIGHT? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAaaaaaa

I'm sorry for your loss.

Lain

speaking of highschool of the dead, when did the hiatus end? I totally forget about this

I don't remember. Last full color volume I bought (volume 7) has an interview with Daisuke Sato from November 2012 saying that the hiatus started in 2011 and they talk about the hiatus ending (first question is about him finishing up writing Act 30), so I'm guessing it was about end 2012/start 2013 that it re-started? I don't feel like going to look it up, I'm a lazy ass.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Beelzebub

upandaway r u ok

post if ur ok

Not to say long hair > short hair per se but has there been a female character who looked better after cutting her hair?
I think Sakura from Naruto does? Hinata looks so much better with long hair though.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 8-41
Seo is the fucking queen. Bow down to her
img000003.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I AM reading just for her. The other characters are good too though

Ore Monogatari!! 6
I'm glad he cut his date short and went for Suna. It was sweet that Suna even expected him. I wonder what Suna's girlfriend will be like. The gag where Takeo's shirt would change with whatever he was feeling was neat, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom