• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Koe no Katachi 26 - Ueno pls.

All the self-loathing is getting a little old, though.

Like Survivor said there is no NTR here. It's just a sweet, tender story all the way through.

Yup. All of Mizutani's works are basically fluffy romance in the end.

Bleach

I do not like the fact that Rukia has a bankai without seeing how she obtained it. At least she is fighting and not her brother. And i like how Byakuya developed from a protective brother into a supportive brother. As Nodt´s design is amazing and nightmare inducing.

Naruto

Darth Obito. Come on die already.

one piece

Just show Sanji vs. Big Mom. This is boring me, and the art is not helping at all. I don´t like how Usoppe´s character has been regressed especially after he showed how brave he was after the time skip.

Kingdom

Hell yeah Sai.
Bye bye Hyou.

Magi

I have been waiting for this for a while.

Noblesse

So sick of these elders.

Kuroko

Just end the match so i can drop the manga.

Beelzebub

This is ending tomorrow? I did not know that. But meh very underwhelming.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan

Not bad start, but i don´t like the art.

Toriko

So ridiculous, so disappointing.

Fairy Tail

Predictable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

I do not like the fact that Rukia has a bankai without seeing how she obtained it. At least she is fighting and not her brother. And i like how Byakuya developed from a protective brother into a supportive brother. As Nodt´s design is amazing and nightmare inducing.

Naruto

Darth Obito. Come on die already.

one piece

Just show Sanji vs. Big Mom. This is boring me, and the art is not helping at all. I don´t like how Usoppe´s character has been regressed especially after he showed how brave he was after the time skip.

Kingdom

Hell yeah Sai.
Bye bye Hyou.

Magi

I have been waiting for this for a while.

Noblesse

So sick of these elders.

Kuroko

Just end the match so i can drop the manga.

Beelzebub

This is ending tomorrow? I did not know that. But meh very underwhelming.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan

Not bad start, but i don´t like the art.

Toriko

So ridiculous, so disappointing.

Fairy Tail

Predictable.

She went to the Soul King's palace and bathed in his bankai water, duh.

Nordicus

Ueno needs to die like right now.
Well that's harsh.

I actually like this development, since now Ueno and Nishimiya don't have to pretend being friendly, and it wasn't after like days/weeks/months of psychological warfare or anything, but made clear in one afternoon

Koe no Katachi 26

Ueno is crazy as hell. She also seems to care more about him than anyone else seeing as how she's apparently the only one who noticed him sulking in the background after basically saying he wants to die. Either A) they're all incredibly dense or B) they don't actually give a shit. I'm assuming A). Quality friends right there lol.

scy

Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou 14 - I don't remember anything about this at all. And now suddenly bromance (well, I guess not ... sudden at all).

I guess I should just start from the beginning again later.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Koe no Katachi 26

Ueno is crazy as hell. She also seems to care more about him than anyone else seeing as how she's apparently the only one who noticed him sulking in the background after basically saying he wants to die. Either A) they're all incredibly dense or B) they don't actually give a shit. I'm assuming A). Quality friends right there lol.
I noticed that too... She was the only one at the table who still was looking at him after Broccoli guy salvaged the conversation. But the only one who knows he had been bullied is her, Nishimiya, and Kawai I think. Sahara and Yuzu only know he bullied Nishimiya, and maybe Broccoli and the new guy do too. Kawai is obviously a fake ass bitch, and Nishimiya's deaf, so she missed that whole conversation, as shown by the question mark bubble.

Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou 14 - I don't remember anything about this at all. And now suddenly bromance (well, I guess not ... sudden at all).

I guess I should just start from the beginning again later.
I remember this series! Thanks for reminding me about it, I enjoyed it the last time I read it. The updates are far and between though...

scy

Re-reading bits of it, I wonder if I should be expecting the bromance end instead of the Akine end...

And yeah, pretty sparse on updates. Probably why I don't remember what's going on :|

Re-reading bits of it, I wonder if I should be expecting the bromance end instead of the Akine end...

And yeah, pretty sparse on updates. Probably why I don't remember what's going on :|

Well, first he moved into the apartment then decided to move out, find out life sucks without it and then moved back in.

And then he becomes a Persona user.

I noticed that too... She was the only one at the table who still was looking at him after Broccoli guy salvaged the conversation. But the only one who knows he had been bullied is her, Nishimiya, and Kawai I think. Sahara and Yuzu only know he bullied Nishimiya, and maybe Broccoli and the new guy do too. Kawai is obviously a fake ass bitch, and Nishimiya's deaf, so she missed that whole conversation, as shown by the question mark bubble.

Looking at the panel in particular, everyone (except Nishimaya, but it looks like she gets that something weird just happened) knows that something's wrong but after Broccoli saves the day they all seem to ignore it. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like Ueno because she's so honest (except that last chapter, poor Broccoli lol). She seems to be trying to get Ishida to fix his problems, even if her methods aren't the most appropriate.

Ashodin

Bleach

Loving the twist that Byakuya will not fight. He just showed up to say "you can do it Rukia".

And she is about to unleash a can of whoopass.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
And then he becomes a Persona user.
what

okay, I'm more behind on this series than I thought.

Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun 1-8
I skimmed through this before because of Oresama Teacher, but now I'm rereading it. God this author knows comedy. I can't decide which series is funnier. She's probably my favorite shojo author. Just look at this:

img000014.png

wonzo

Banned
I Got Myself a Little Sister by Akuta Fumie

A nice little oneshot about a girl closing the distance between her new little step sister. Though, it would've been better without the completely unnecessary yuri undertones.

Gun & Girls 0-2
I was all onboard a series about a Girls High-School club dedicated to playing MP FPS games until it became pretty clear this was about some shitty smartphone game.

to hell with this bullshit
pacspit.gif

Shomin Sample 9

That was unexpectedly touching in a way. Guess I won't be dropping this for now.

survivor

Banned
So Kodansha already announced shoujo and shounen shit. Here is a hoping that their last announcement is seinen/hipster shit.

I Got Myself a Little Sister bi Akuta Fumie

A nice little oneshot about a girl closing the distance between her new little step sister. Though, it would've been better without the completely unnecessary yuri undertones.

This name sounds familiar, I wonder if I read this already.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the panel in particular, everyone (except Nishimaya, but it looks like she gets that something weird just happened) knows that something's wrong but after Broccoli saves the day they all seem to ignore it. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like Ueno because she's so honest (except that last chapter, poor Broccoli lol). She seems to be trying to get Ishida to fix his problems, even if her methods aren't the most appropriate.
Yeah, I think this chapter especially illustrates that she has good intentions. The way she goes about though, is pretty abrasive. On the other hand, Ishida's deliberately trying to be gentle and is basically walking on egg shells 24/7. Like I said, it's a weird contrast: they're both trying to do right by someone they've wronged before, but their approaches are really different.

Yeah, I think this chapter especially illustrates that she has good intentions. The way she goes about though, is pretty abrasive. On the other hand, Ishida's deliberately trying to be gentle and is basically walking on egg shells 24/7. Like I said, it's a weird contrast: they're both trying to do right by someone they've wronged before, but their approaches are really different.

I think it's going to be interesting seeing how Ueno reacts after this chapter. She just attempted what she was telling Ishida he should do by confronting the people she hates and it looks like it went very poorly. Though I guess if the last line/tease for next chapter is true it will show exactly what happened on the ferris wheel.

Akito

Oricon Comic Rankings February 10th - February 16th

01. Sukitte Iinayo。#12 (116,362)
02. L♥DK #14 (67,783)
03. Gintama #53 (66,292 / 269,638)
04. Shokugeki no Souma #6 (61,408 / 249,278)
05. Kaichou wa Maid-sama! #18 (43,905 / 134,562)
06. Taiyou no Ie #10 (39,452)
07. Douse Mou Nigerarenai #6 (37,122 / 37,540)
08. Yozakura Quartet #15 (35,158 / 69,960)
09. Gunka no Baltzar #6 (32,650 / 46,451)
10. Mahou-ka Koukou no Yuutousei #3 (31,033 / 62,174)
11. Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu。(30,761 / 30,983)
12. Chuugoku Yome Nikki #3 (29,108)
13. Pupa #5 (25,810 / 32,450)
14. Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru #1 (24,718)
15. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu #5 (23,382 / 44,166)
16. Tsugumomo #12 (22,500)
17. Magi #20 (22,150 / 582,942)
18. Oboreru Knife #17 (22,092)
19. Shingeki no Kyojin #12 (22,001 / 1,512,703)
20. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #1 (20,931 / 460,685)
21. Flat #8 (20,288)
22. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #2 (19,036 / 402,419)
23. Abnormal-kei Joshi #2 (18,789 / 25,264)
24. Meitantei Conan #82 (18,582 / 463,562)
25. Sakamoto Desuga? #2 (18,114 / 841,159)
26. Kuroshitsuji #18 (17,714 / 552,039)
27. Sakamoto Desuga? #1 (17,670 / 1,201,224)
28. Midara na Nettaigyo #1 (16,884 / 17,057)
29. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #3 (16,827 / 373,090)
30. Ginban Kishi #3 (16,515)
31. Shingeki no Kyojin #11 (16,310 / 1,713,604)
32. Koi Dano Ai Dano #7 (16,231 / 58,565)
33. Triage X #8 (16,217 / 36,098)
34. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #4 (16,025 / 356,076)
35. Romantica Clock #4 (15,870)
36. World Trigger #4 (15,564 / 76,379)
37. Angel Trumpet #4 (15,536 / 15,760)
38. Maido! Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku #10 (15,493 / 26,806)
39. Psychometrer #12 (15,378 / 37,508)
40. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #5 (14,940 / 346,816)
41. Giant Killing #30 (14,927 / 283,401)
42. Magi Sinbad no Bouken #2 (14,925 / 317,170)
43. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun #4 (14,760 / 205,485)
44. Crash! #16 (14,693)
45. O.B. #1 (14,445)
46. Neko Pitcher #1 (14,313 / 18,153)
47. Shingeki no Kyojin #10 (14,161 / 2,148,161)
48. O.B. #2 (14,089)
49. Shingeki no Kyojin #9 (13,882 / 2,171,595)
50. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #6 (13,588 / 328,246)

Horible sales numbers once again, what happened Japan?

Oricon Manga Rankings February 9th - February 16th
04. Shokugeki no Souma #6 (61,408 / 249,278)
10. Mahou-ka Koukou no Yuutousei #3 (31,033 / 62,174)
36. World Trigger #4 (15,564 / 76,379)

20. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #1 (20,931 / 460,685)
22. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #2 (19,036 / 402,419)
29. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #3 (16,827 / 373,090)
34. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #4 (16,025 / 356,076)
40. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #5 (14,940 / 346,816)
50. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #6 (13,588 / 328,246)

Horible sales numbers once again, what happened Japan?

Horrible? Looks like its a great week for Hoozuki with that anime helping to bring each volume ever closer to 500K, perhaps the saviour of winter manga based anime.

Souma may finally end up with more than 300K on an oricon chart for once.

Akito

Horrible? Looks like its a great week for Hoozuki with that anime helping to bring each volume ever closer to 500K, perhaps the saviour of winter manga based anime.

Souma may finally end up with more than 300K on an oricon chart for once.
Overall sales, 116,362 for the top and 13,588 for the last spot are hardly impressive.

Bleach
Eh, pleasant surprise this week. After last week, I expected Byakuya to take over the fight, so it was nice to see him just take out zombie quincy's eye barrier-thing and leave the rest to Rukia, letting us finally see her Bankai in action.

Naruto
Yawn, recapping stuff we already know. I guess I can see some of Obito's point, but meh, it could've been justified more clearly and at a better pace. At this point, Obito's either gonna die giving his power to Naruto, or he'll die buying time for TenTen & Co. to arrive with that gourd-seal thing.

scy

Bleach

Loving the twist that Byakuya will not fight. He just showed up to say "you can do it Rukia".

And she is about to unleash a can of whoopass.

are my threads mixing again

what

okay, I'm more behind on this series than I thought.

Pretty normal thing, really. Find place to live, surprise filled with youkai!, figure it was all you needed in life, summon demons.

I can't help but feel that Ueno doesn't have the best of intentions. Maybe she does but something always feels off about it. I'd say much of the problems with her is just getting in the way of the main pairing though :x

G.ZZZ

Toriko

With so many obscure requirements how did this bird come into existence anyway?

? The million tree is extremely common, and most of the others ingredient are just way to sped up the natural growth of the bird. Birds also making nests preferably from a single kind of grass isn't uncommon even in the real world. All the rest was a combination, probably discovered by ichyryuu to speed up the process for the periods of emergency.

SykoTech

Bleach

Nice. Would've preferred if Byakuya never showed up (showed die for real), I'm glad Rukia's gonna take care of this herself after all. Good stuff, Kubo.

Now here's hoping there's an interesting fight up ahead and not just a Bankai one shot with the rest of the chapter being cool full page shots and Rukia explaining how her Bankai works.

Naruto

Minato continues to fail at life, even the afterlife. And Obito thinking about his past, because we haven't gotten enough of that.

Please go back to Sasuke.

upandaway

I'm still waiting for the Nisekoi anime boost
lol
I wonder if Shueisha actually acknowledges the obvious correlation between the "anime boost" phenomenon and the actual quality of the adaption..

If Bakuman is anything remotely close, then definitely not, haha.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Something good has to get released for it to get a ton of sales.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's going to be interesting seeing how Ueno reacts after this chapter. She just attempted what she was telling Ishida he should do by confronting the people she hates and it looks like it went very poorly. Though I guess if the last line/tease for next chapter is true it will show exactly what happened on the ferris wheel.
I think for better or for worse, Ueno's probably going to be a major part of driving the plot from now on. We've already had Nishimiya coming to terms with her past regrets thanks to Ishida, now we need Ishida to do the same. The only person who can make him do that in situations where Nishimiya isn't concerned (i.e., his two former best friends) is Ueno at this point.

Well he gains a book to summon demons who are based off the tarot cards so basically a Persona user.
Oh right, I remember now. On that note...

Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou 11-14
Hase is an unexpected badass (or an expected one? can't remember, I just know he's got a rich family). I could imagine Yuushi's stomach dropping when he saw Hase's face when the familiar first popped out. Seriously thought Hase was going to ditch Yuushi and run for a second. It was nice to see them out smart the bikers, even if the electricity and water combo is kind of cliched. I guess Hase's gotten his wish for Yuushi to stop hiding stuff from him.

The training chapter was slow, but nice. It helped to illustrate the comfort between the apartment residents.

When Hase came to the apartment, it really felt like he was Yuushi's dad instead of his friend with all those gifts. The Miyazaki reference was funny, and so was the faux BL. It was cute that Hase was pretending not to be afraid the whole time. I can see why scy thinks this is going down the bromantic route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom