• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece 743:

The way Doflamingo's head was cut art style wise, it's clear he isn't dead/it wasn't a real cut since there's no blood or anything to visually looking like a real decapitation, but it's also clear that it doesn't fit with Law's powers if you pay attention to how his powers have worked in the past. Besides the seastone cuffs as others have mentioned and no visual signs of the "Room barrier", artistically when Law has severed body parts in the past the separations are much cleaner, almost like stacking building blocks/toy parts. This cut however visually looks like Kyros cut Doflamingo's head off by the angle of his blade.

I'm going to go with this also being related to the strings (upandaway's "LIfe Fiber" theory sounds possible).

Pretty much.

If it was really cut, with that as really as his decapitated head it'd probably be censored to bits by Jump.

One Piece:
Really emotional chapter, and some great moments. It was awesome to see Kyros return and charge in immediately. The emotional reactions to people suddenly getting their memories back were great, too.

Praise Usopp for being the greatest hero in the history of all manga.

Naruto:
Please just end this already, Kishimoto. Put everyone out of their misery.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Man what the hell, "good translation group," you were pretty messed up with your pronouns today. Calling kotetsu a "he," referring to Kaguya as "their" mother, when it should have been "my." Get it together.

ANYWAY

Naruto

I am shocked we actually got resolution to these two unresolved plot points:

j6oMdI1.png

I suppose it wasn't too unreasonable to expect that second one to bear fruit, but I really never expected to hear anything else about Sasuke's mysterious evil chakra again.

Sai

Man what the hell, "good translation group," you were pretty messed up with your pronouns today. Calling kotetsu a "he," referring to Kaguya as "their" mother, when it should have been "my." Get it together.
"That" group hasn't really been on top of that stuff for years now. All they've got on the other group is image quality; their translations have been on par for a while.

Often, you'll have to review both translations(and now Viz's work, which comes early in the next week) to truly clarify a lot of the issues that spring up from the first two

Okitenemeru 5

Thought the name would be a bit more sciency sounding so the reveal was weak and made me quickly go to the next page. His shock didnt help. Slow chapter.

I wonder if Crunchyroll will pick up more manga this spring season.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Koe no Katachi 32
omg Shoko is so cuteee

can't handle it

also the father is an asshole, like seriously. it's comical how terrible he and his parents are.

One Piece 743:

The way Doflamingo's head was cut art style wise, it's clear he isn't dead/it wasn't a real cut since there's no blood or anything to visually looking like a real decapitation, but it's also clear that it doesn't fit with Law's powers if you pay attention to how his powers have worked in the past. Besides the seastone cuffs as others have mentioned and no visual signs of the "Room barrier", artistically when Law has severed body parts in the past the separations are much cleaner, almost like stacking building blocks/toy parts. This cut however visually looks like Kyros cut Doflamingo's head off by the angle of his blade.

I'm going to go with this also being related to the strings (upandaway's "LIfe Fiber" theory sounds possible).

Meh, I hope it's not Mingo that saved himself. The look of surprise that is shown by him before the slash by Kyros makes me think it could be someone else doing it, but I'm not sure why Buggy would be there or Law would save him. I guess I just like the idea of Kyros being a really strong character and actually being able to defeat someone like Dofla with a surprise attack rofl.

scy

Toriko 272 - A good way to setup the entry into Gourmet World. Now hopefully it keeps a good pace once it gets there.

(silent announcement: officially, for a month in June/July, upandaway will become a Los Angeles. And get lots of streetpasses and buy a laptop and a bunch of Vita games without having to pay for import delivery fees. yey)

Eh im going to L.A at july.

Or maybe San fran

Cant decide as i have never been to murica aside from las vegas and new york

You both should go to AnimeExpo during the 4th of July weekend. :3

Haganai going School Days confuses and intrigues me.

Protag deserves it.

Marche90

Bleach 575

Kenpachi just loves to overcomplicate things, don't he? Also, more exposition, yay.

Naruto 671

PLOT NO JUTSU! Without even a warning, suddenly Naruto knew about the guys who reincarnated in him and Sasuke. :lolololol

Also... it really bugs me that Sasuke's Heel Face Turn came out of nowhere.

Oh, well. Next chapter should be interesting.

EDIT:

... ??? o_o</LN follower>

Haganai going School Days confuses and intrigues me.

Dafuq?

One Piece
Woah, seriously woah. Kingdom in chaos, Doflamingo in a panic and every toy turned back to normal. Awesome update :D

Naruto
Did not expect Sasuke to be having the same talk. Imma laugh if next chapter, Naruto and Sasuke gattai to form the ultimate ninja ala Dragonball style.

Bleach
So damn short.

Naruto

Excellent chapter but the translation was iffy...Love how both Sasuke and Naruto gain power through their incarnations. Naruto gets his power from the friends he's made in the Biju and Sasuke through his eyes and talent alone (plus Hashi's chakra). Both have attained the Sage's blessing.

GOT DAMN GUY RIPPIN MADARA FUCK YEE

One Piece

Sabo...SABO...SABO!!!!

Wynnebeck

Banned
Bleach

This is the first time I've been pumped for a fight in a while. Don't disappoint Kubo!

Naruto

This kinda lets me know in the end, Naruto and Sasuke are going to have to fight. Either way, they need to wrap this manga up.

Toriko

Beginning of the end of the series. Kinda hope Komatsu gets together with Melk. *w*

One Piece

Aww yeah! That's what I like to see. Pandemonium and mayhem abound. The final Doflo and Luffy fight is going to be godlike.

Naruto 671

I'm just loling over the casual Byakugan name-dropped.

I still want a hidden power for it.

Eight gates Guy continues to live up to the hype.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Naruto

Excellent chapter but the translation was iffy...Love how both Sasuke and Naruto gain power through their incarnations. Naruto gets his power from the friends he's made in the Biju and Sasuke through his eyes and talent alone (plus Hashi's chakra). Both have attained the Sage's blessing.

GOT DAMN GUY RIPPIN MADARA FUCK YEE

One Piece

Sabo...SABO...SABO!!!!

Sasuke has had free power ups from Hashirama (donated chakra), Jugo (nature chakra / pseudo sage mode), Orochimaru & Kabuto (curse seal, snake powers at times, and it is heavily implied that they used all kinds of forbidden and/or experimental PEDs to augment his physical capabilities during the timeskip), and Itachi (not only his mangekyo sharingan, but an eternal mangekyo, as well).

He's had more free power ups than Naruto. Kishimoto is like Toriyama except he's trying to be consistent (and failing) instead of just saying "Fuck it."

Naruto

Wow, this actually seems to make several long forgotten explanations for the sharrigan bloodline actually make sense. We also, finally, have confirmation of how the Bakugan and Sharringan relate to each other:
Since the mother has it, It seems the two abilities may have split with the Rabbit goddesses two sons, each passing down one line.

I can also fully see the endgame here:
NAruto and Sasuke will receive the full power of the two brothers: Sasuke will get his rinnegan, while naruto gets the bijou's power in full. In the end, the two will break the cycle of fighting between the siblings.

UQ Holder
I expect a flashback dealing with the immortal hunter sometime soon. Also, that last sight, could it be
FATE?

Toriko

Going to the Harbour of Evil Spirits

wonder if anyone lives there.... seeing as there are towns in the gourmet world like where Chef Branchi lives

Also did anyone realize that they all flew into the Octopus's asshole :/

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I didn't understand anything about that. So the sage's mother had Byakugan instead of rinnegan?

She had Byakugan and Sharingan at the same time. Hogomogorogo developed the Rinnegan somehow, the guess is that his brother had the Byakugan, or at least some ancestor version of it.

I discovered gifcam, so now I can show you gifs from the tasogare anime as I try to fill the tasogare void in my life after finishing the manga.

CpSC2dv.gif

I dunno what to read any more. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom