• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stulaw

Soccer with excellent characters.
Bi4_RkBCAAIsh59.png:large
They look like Daisuke and Kou fron Persona 4.

Weiss

Banned
Fuck, I am a sucker for magical girls, but not the biggest fan of horror. ugh. I can't even say no because I can hardly find any series about them.

Koe no Katachi 33
what the fuck was even going on

but it was worth it for that panel with Ueno throwing Ishida's neice at him

bromance was cute

If it helps, Mahou Shoujo Site is more of a traditional styled magical girl series that gets rather dark and violent, while Mahou Shoujo of the End is an apocalyptic story where the magical girls are the monsters.

Marche90

I guess i should catch up to koe no katachi

I'm afraid that if I continue this one, either I drop the series due to the rage, or get an aneurysm altogether.

Wagatsuma Latest

D'oh about she being in another class. Double D'oh at she liking a teacher (*facepalm*).
Just settle for Ran, Aoshima, and case closed. She's in your class, she likes you and there aren't really that many suitors for here.

Obviously, since this is a manga, the sensible course of action will never be put to use here.

LeleSocho

Banned
At what chapter are we of Tokyo Wonder? 10?
If it manages to be alive in one year and people tell me it's good i might start reading it... i really want a good football (it's not soccer you stoopid yankees) manga.

man I really want that Persona 3 blu-ray but $60 is a fucking absurd price for the bare-bones edition.

Aniplex gonna Aniplex

At what chapter are we of Tokyo Wonder? 10?
If it manages to be alive in one year and people tell me it's good i might start reading it... i really want a good football (it's not soccer you stoopid yankees) manga.

I think it's starting to get 'ranked' next week so around 7 or 8 I guess.

Cover/Color Pages and New Series do not get ranked. Neither does Kochikame.
Here's what it looks like without the color pages/extra stuff.

One Piece
Shokugeki no Soma
Toriko
Haikyuu
Naruto
Saiki Kusuo no PSInan
Kuroko no Basket
Isobe
World Trigger
iShoujo
Gintama
Soul Catcher(S)
Stealth Symphony (First Ranking!)

Stealth Symphony is fucked.
Tokyo Wonder Boys first ranking is next week

I'm not surprised that Stealth Symphony is so low on the rankings. I thought it had a very interesting concept, but I didn't like any of the support characters. The main character either. The main character said "eh" 80% of the time (I'm not kidding, here's something I made from ch3 alone), and everyone else was either too cocky or bragging.

Illegal Rare I actually like, mostly because I like some of the designs. Also, when given the chance the main character can be pretty funny. He made me laugh twice already, and in a manga that's not even focusing on comedy. That's pretty good. I still don't like the whole
vampire
thing, but I'll look past it for now.

Oh Boy can't wait for the religious wars of Our Lord and Savior Buggy the Clown vs Godsopp vs Enel
And now I realize Usopp actually has an army of 10,000 men

Stulaw

Naruto

Kind of wishing he hadn't shown Kakashi's dad like that. Takes away from his badass-ness.
Well he's a Dad first and foremost, also, it wasn't exactly long after that that he hung himself I think, he looked quite stressed. Or matbe not thinking about it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well he's a Dad first and foremost, also, it wasn't exactly long after that that he hung himself I think, he looked quite stressed. Or matbe not thinking about it.

That's as close as you're going to get to seeing Kakashi without his mask since his dad is identical to him as far as we can tell (all parents are identical to their children in Naruto).

Wow just realised that the Uchiha symbols and Uzamaki symbols are kind of like moon and sun hence day and night symbolising Naruto and Sasuke. Surprised I've never heard any pick up on that.

Zoe

Wow just realised that the Uchiha symbols and Uzamaki symbols are kind of like moon and sun hence day and night symbolising Naruto and Sasuke. Surprised I've never heard any pick up on that.

We've been told all this time that the Uchiha symbol was a fan (uchiwa).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just like Tidus and Yuna. I guess DTL was right.

Angry Grimace

Also, my Soma prediction:

Chapter ends on a score for Alice and a cliffhanger on the score for Soma. They'll end up tying nad some kind of tiebreaker will occur which Soma will win. I don't think the author really wants to Worf out Alice quite yet.

Kieli

Chapter ends on a score for Alice and a cliffhanger on the score for Soma. They'll end up tying nad some kind of tiebreaker will occur which Soma will win. I don't think the author really wants to Worf out Alice quite yet.

I hope Soma loses and quits the school. And then Nakiri will realize what's missing in her life.

Charade

Kasane-kun doesn't like misunderstandings.

Ah I see. The series does have its fair share of them
(like Ueno fans misunderstanding she's the best girl).

Citrus 9

Speaking of misunderstandings...Make some progress last chapter? Force a love triangle and undo it all.

kasane

na. judges will screw soma over

alice tastes soma's dish

she forfeits

they become a couple

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
One Piece

Sabo getting that fruit sure did just.. happen. If they didn't intend to really give it away, why the hell was it actually strapped to that fish's back? I'd expect it to still be locked away somewhere. Kinda lacking in fanfare, tho, Sabo getting and eating it.

Are we even gonna get scores in a 1 v 1 though?

We'll probably just get a "and the winner is..." with 2 panel last page with their faces in each panel.

ElFly

One Piece

Sabo getting that fruit sure did just.. happen. If they didn't intend to really give it away, why the hell was it actually strapped to that fish's back? I'd expect it to still be locked away somewhere. Kinda lacking in fanfare, tho, Sabo getting and eating it.

Maybe it was underwater so people like luffy couldn't use their power and retrieve it.

Angry Grimace

na. judges will screw soma over

alice tastes soma's dish

she forfeits

they become a couple

Soma's not even interested in girls. (Hence, the DTL fantasy scenarios)

He's got a full three in his harem and he doesn't even notice any of them. Hell, he's probably closest to noticing Erina, given that he at least notices she acts like a weirdo in his presence.

Are we even gonna get scores in a 1 v 1 though?

We'll probably just get a "and the winner is..." with 2 panel last page with their faces in each panel.

That makes sense. None of the other 1v1 shokugeki have had scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom