• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nekogurui Minako-san 0.8-0.9

1PsT1OV.png

This is how I imagine everyone on mangaf looking like whenever they look at something lewd.

Excluding me of course.

Kurita

Picking up Haikyuu because I really like the anime. This is the power of good anime adaptations. Kurita and DTL were right, etc, etc.
2 years of lobbying finally showing some results. My work here is done.

Man I realize that I'm reading Haikyuu!! scans, reading the French volumes and watching the anime. Last time I did that was with Eyeshield 21.

Baby Steps Catching Up

That Okada match was ridiculously hot blooded, and it pretty much cemented my belief that the anime will never live up to the manga. The matches rely so much on text to explain the shifts in strategy and technique and that would be really difficult to integrate into the show without dragging the pacing down to a crawl.

_hekk05

Banned
Y u people do this to me

tdaogu.jpg

Ahaha. Its by the same author as Kore wa Zombie Desu ka

In other news, I'm reading DanMachi MoonRune.ver and its pretty hilarious. The MC's god-given nickname is
Little Rookie
. I expect the manga to catch up in about 20+ chapters, which translates to approx 2 years ++.

Soma

Seven Deadly Sins 73.5

;__;

King has managed to become a really compelling character at this point. Good backstory chapter.

Antiwhippy

Witchcraft work 34

Is it irrational to feel irritated when scanlators don't translate stuff like "imuoto" into "little sister"?

Feels like I'm reading kawaiiko-chan

_hekk05

Banned
Uwagaki 14[/B]

Did it seriously take that long for him to realise that.

What would you do if the girl you liked was split into two?

Correct answer is to have a threesome

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry 1

http://a.pomf.se/xclrwa.jpg[IMG]

generic setting, generic MC, generic storyline, glorious life and hometown

edit: dammit I suppose that's NSFW

double edit: why do all these mangas have approximately the same covers?

Madan no Ou to Vanadis vs Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

Kurita

Toriko vol.16

End of that pyramid arc, it was pretty intense. The combo attack of Toriko and Zebra was impressive.
What the hell was Starjune doing here at the end of the volume tho

Akito

Seven Deadly Sins 73.5
Stupid sexy Meliodas. Man this chapter had it all, dat adorable and tragic backstory, loli Diane was just hhhnnnggg, that's how a gaiden chapter should be. Also great interview with Sakaguchi and Suzuki at the end.

Akito

Fandom Shorthands are shown many times in The World God Only Knows manga series. Each character has a certain Japanese number or numbers in their name. Sometimes, there are characters that doesn't have a certain number which is relevant to their name. For these characters, they are given a shorthand with an alphabetical letter. You can see so below.

Numerals:
Chihiro Kosaka: 26
Keima Katsuragi: 08
http://kaminomi.wikia.com/wiki/Fandom_Shorthands

>Final chapter is Flag 268
>Final volume is Volume 26

i1ALdrY1oqkmE.gif

upandaway

Picking up Haikyuu because I really like the anime. This is the power of good anime adaptations. Kurita and DTL were right, etc, etc.
I posted about it too! It's really exciting. I stopped at 59 I think when I stopped most things, I should really catch up soon again. Dunno if now or after the anime.

Being a Jump sports manga, there's a pretty big risk that it can only get worse, but I hope it'll be fine.

the baby steps anime seems like it was done on a pretty tight budget but it's not bad.
Yeah it's ok, the art is a bit weird but oh well. At least it's 2-cour.

Conan-san

Appocylipse Alice (LN) 1
I get what they're trying to do with making Shinouske act like that but given that he will have to eventualy come around to every stupid Shonen Jump edict dictated sop story about Friends and Heart of the Cards and that nonsense it's all going to ring very hollow.

That and he's a prat.

Also one wonders if they're being a tad quick to paint not-umbrella crop as the bad guys, that sounds like second novel sort of thing to do.

Yeah it's ok, the art is a bit weird but oh well. At least it's 2-cour.

Yeah it's a little bit hokey, but I'm more worried about the tennis matches themselves. Some of that seemed super weird and slow. Also wonder how they're going to implement the strategic element each point without ruining the pacing.

upandaway

Yeah it's a little bit hokey, but I'm more worried about the tennis matches themselves. Some of that seemed super weird and slow. Also wonder how they're going to implement the strategic element each point without ruining the pacing.
Well to be fair some of the monologue is only there because it's necessary to understand the movements (because manga is static). I assume they can skip some of it.

Kurita

Haikyuu!! 99

Jesus, Tanaka is seriously the GOAT

Haikyuu!! 101

The parallels you can draw between this and Eyeshield 21 are strong. Both manga's tournaments begin at the same volume and this Ougiminami team is really similar to the Chameleons from Eyeshield 21. Bunch of punks that didn't care about the sport until they witnessed their captain having a nervous breakdown. Now they're taking it seriously, just like the Chameleons did when they saw that Habashira was passionate about football.

Haikyuu!! 102
That whole page. *dead*
And so I'm now caught up.

Antiwhippy

Mashikaku rock 1

That's a god-tier blush right there. *swoon*

Seems like another cute fluffy shoujo romance. I guess I'm up for one of those right now. Also seems to move at a breakneck pace. This one chapter felt like an entire arc.

Charade

I feel that :kasane should be about cannibalism rather than already having read something

Uwagaki 14

So would this be a called a love square now? Not that it wasn't kinda already one.

Charade

Or both! For example:

An acquaintance came over to tell me about some manga he read. He told me about a series that really interested me, it sounded awesome so I hoped it wasn't a :kasane. I looked it up and it turns out it was :kasane. I was so angry I decided to :kasane him while still fuming from being :kasane'd. While :kasane was occurring, I decided to ignore the :kasane and re-read the series anyways, because it was actually pretty good despite the :kasane. It's always nice to have a meal when reading.

Or both! For example:

An acquaintance came over to tell me about some manga he read. He told me about a series that really interested me, it sounded awesome so I hoped it wasn't a :kasane. I looked it up and it turns out it was :kasane. I was so angry I decided to :kasane him while still fuming from being :kasane'd. While :kasane was occurring, I decided to ignore the :kasane and re-read the series anyways, because it was actually pretty good despite the :kasane. It's always nice to have a meal when reading.

Well isn't that just confusing. And sounds like a bad end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom