• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Wa! (end)

LQzHKQL.png

That's a Funabori-grade blush right there! Even the president can't pull it off like this.

This started as kinda-funny and went into full professional awww by the ending. Everything is so cute!
I still think it shouldn't have been a 4-koma, but it was ok. Those final few chapters were fun.

Edit: Panda just give me the OP and tell me where should i start the thread.
Aye, I'll write something then. I don't know anything about OT placement/rules though. I don't even know if it's okay to do this or what.

7DS has an anime before Soma? Maybe they gotta finish the tourny arc first. I can see a lot of the stuff that took 20 chapters in Soma not being terribly long animated.
Well, Soma makes really heavy use of full page and spread use, so I imagine they could easily hit 75 chapters in a 2-cour even if they pace it slowly.

Not that I think Shueisha ever considers something like that, haha. It's probably just the case of having other candidates with more chapters. Soma was the last of a wave of newcomers around that time frame, especially if you include Kuroko's late popularity boost.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Also why can't everybody and their mother remember somas dad?

something fishy is going on

Wasn't it confirmed that Soma's dad had a different last name when he went to school?
I think it was implied he took his wife's name.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mangaf ratings:
Beam
Kurita
Scy
DTL
Wonzo
Lain

Chocolate Underground 1-3 (END)

llQYIgY.png

Wow, for a little story that sure left a big impact. Set in a state where an oppressive government have banned chocolate, it revolves around two boys and their fight to save their sugary snacks from the ever watchful chocolate police. An evocative and charming read with a clear British influence (it's based on a children's book by a British author). The chapters are lengthy enough that there's actually a good bit of meat to it. Worth checking out.

Aye, I'll write something then. I don't know anything about OT placement/rules though. I don't even know if it's okay to do this or what.
You have my Hakkero, although I've seen a few Touhou threads here before and they typically have a short lifespan.

dumbyugi

Also why can't everybody and their mother remember somas dad?

something fishy is going on

Was Soma's Dad ever famous? He made a lot of connections while traveling the world but I don't think it's ever been said that he was a big name famous chef. He ran a small special of the day store under a different last name so it's not suprising that people from around Soma's generation don't know him. Plus Soma looks pretty different from his Dad.

kasane

Was Soma's Dad ever famous? He made a lot of connections while traveling the world but I don't think it's ever been said that he was a big name famous chef. He ran a small special of the day store under a different last name so it's not suprising that people from around Soma's generation don't know him. Plus Soma looks pretty different from his Dad.
In the school.

I mean he was the 2nd seat in the elite ten and even his friend doesnt remembee him.

Maybe they really changed surnames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom