• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
I wish i can read black bullets LN but alas!

You mean this?

lzdjuh.jpg

Muahahahaha

atttxw.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Bokura no kiseki 2

A manga about a magical, ancient war? Cool! Now let's make everyone die and reincarnate as modern high school students because a high school setting sells better.

All kidding aside though, this is a genuinely cool premise. Interested to see what this leads to.

Kyouju to Shitsuji no Shizuka na Seikatsu 2-3

Definitely gets tagged under the BL master-servant type stories with the good art. The two pages spreads in the first three chapter are perfectly placed and timed for the great events. I liked this one as much as the third chapter (which was just them sitting while watching fireworks having a moment of acceptance over the older brothers passing away and their current situation their in and eventual friendship and more happening). Really good story.

Dresden

Bokura no kiseki 2

A manga about a magical, ancient war? Cool! Now let's make everyone die and reincarnate as modern high school students because a high school setting sells better.

All kidding aside though, this is a genuinely cool premise. Interested to see what this leads to.

Does he... turn into a girl?

From a young age, Minami Harusumi has had recurring dreams of Veronica, a princess whose kingdom is on the verge of destruction. He believes them to be recollections of his past life, and that he is her reincarnation. Because of this, he is ridiculed by his classmates. One day, when the mockery escalates into bullying, he rediscovers magic - something Veronica had studied and used. Reassured his past life is not merely a fantasy, Minami tries to learn more about his past memories and the reason behind them...

upandaway

Sinbad 24

It would've been a good chapter by itself, but reading it in the context of the current Magi arc makes it really interesting.

About the ending, figures. Didn't ever think those two assassins would come out of there alive.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume 249

Don't get hurt at the beach cause the nurse doesn't want to bother with you.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume 250

Stalker vs. sensei. Fight!

Busaiku

I would totally read Spirit Circle if it weren't for the fact that there are like 12 chapters missing on Crunchryoll.
At least it's not as bad as And Yet The Town Moves's 27...

scy

Yes. Spirit Circle is by Mizukami Satoshi, the same author of Hoshi no Samidare, and Sengoku Youko. If you're looking for action series with great humor, all three series are quality stuff.

How many chapters? I keep forgetting to get to reading it. Much like everything recently, it seems.

Antiwhippy

I'm trying to bait anyone into reading it!

It's honestly pretty fun. There's a good amount of paranoia with past conspiracies manifesting into the present.

Nordicus

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 19

Eeh, probably the least interesting chapter in the series so far because they played down the humor in favor of standard shonen romance scenes.

Shiragami's still radiant though.

I need sunglasses over here

Namida Hanamizu Gusyogusyo Danshi

Super Interesting story about a sadistic student and his teacher that he likes to make cry.

Super Interesting.

Antiwhippy

Bokura no kiseki 30

Really enjoyed this. While at first I thought it would just be school kids fighting with magic remembered from their past selves, what it turned out to be is a story where the student's past lives clashed with the present in order to unravel why the battle which killed them happened. There's a wide ranging conspiracy where they're trying to figure out who is lying about who they are as well who are the people trying to bring harm to them.

Good stuff.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry 01

First we have a school, throw in a protag who apparently the worst student there, throw in a princess, toss in sword and magic cause everyone loves those, said princess is fire based, then I guess they start living together, already saw each other naked, protag turns out to have some secret power and he'll probably get a harem too. Yay it's a LN!

So it's very much a LN adaptation. I mean at this point it's like taking Tetsuya from Mahouka and Shana and throwing them into a school that teaches sword and magic. The only thing that's missing is some sort of incest.

scy

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry 01

First we have a school, throw in a protag who apparently the worst student there, throw in a princess, toss in sword and magic cause everyone loves those, said princess is fire based, then I guess they start living together, already saw each other naked, protag turns out to have some secret power and he'll probably get a harem too. Yay it's a LN!

So it's very much a LN adaptation. I mean at this point it's like taking Tetsuya from Mahouka and Shana and throwing them into a school that teaches sword and magic. The only thing that's missing is some sort of incest.

I read Shana and got happy.

Yes, I'm that easy.

_hekk05

Banned
Yuusen Shoujo ~Plug-in Girl~ 9

Can I... plug it in?

... Must you ask everytime ... ?

In all seriousness, MC has now gone full beastmode. Girl will probably have to pull him back to reality sometime in the next few chapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom