• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detective Conan 891:
Wow, it's really happening.

I figured we'd be getting a big case around Chapter 900, but I wasn't expecting things to start getting crazy this soon, with the FBI showing up and Bourbon meeting them. I wonder just what it was that he was investigating Jodie's friend for, and how this will relate to everything else. We definitely seem to be in the endgame period of the current arc. It's also nice to get some more character focus for Jodie, who hasn't really had a lot to do recently. I'm really excited to see where everything goes.

diaspora

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch19

tumblr_mbedg5NBeZ1r8ts7i.gif

I mean really.

Baby Steps 164

urgh, that Takagi guy was a right twat. Maruo prevails in the end though.

Can't see him beating Nabae yet, the mangaka will probably save that for the big tournament, so it will be interesting to see what he learns from it.

~3/4 of the way to caught up!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Detective Conan 891:
Wow, it's really happening.

I figured we'd be getting a big case around Chapter 900, but I wasn't expecting things to start getting crazy this soon, with the FBI showing up and Bourbon meeting them. I wonder just what it was that he was investigating Jodie's friend for, and how this will relate to everything else. We definitely seem to be in the endgame period of the current arc. It's also nice to get some more character focus for Jodie, who hasn't really had a lot to do recently. I'm really excited to see where everything goes.

Oh yes, shit is about to get super real. The wait for the next chapter is going to be very long...

Baby Steps 180

Aww, so close! But it's as I expected. Maruo is continuing to show incredible growth. I can't see him losing in the big one. He'll finally beat Nabae.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just checked since the last time it was brought up and man the situation with the wall of shame is mind-bending.

All you have to do is press post a lot. Seriously, they're going to come close to my OT1 total, which had 60,000 posts in it. This thread will have 20,000. If only there were really that much manga to talk about.

Kurita

I don't remember how I had time to post that much in previous threads. I only have 198 posts in this OT!
Guess that finally being serious about my studies and not being single ruined my brilliant future. Damn it!

kasane

Its messed up on my phone

i can't see my post count.

probably so i wouldnt feel bad about it :X

I don't remember how I had time to post that much in previous threads. I only have 198 posts in this OT!
Guess that finally being serious about my studies and not being single ruined my brilliant future.

tell her i borrowed nisekoi

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Guess that finally being serious about my studies and not being single ruined my brilliant future.

Well, I've been there. Its hard to keep up steam for thread after thread. You may find you have a ton of time over a short period, but it doesn't stay that way.

Oddly enough, I follow a lot more series than I used to.

Kurita

Yeah it was brief period of time now that I think about it. Less than a year actually or something.
Oh well, it's better this way!

I'm kinda surprised I've posted as much as I have since I only started reading manga when I picked up Nisekoi, at which point the thread was only like 1500 posts in.

but here I am.

------------------------------------------

Baby Steps 208

all caught up now. Decent match with Okada, not the best but it was interesting to see another player get so close to the zone, and for Maruo to still be able to beat him, despite clinging on for dear life at the end.

It's gonna be a tough tournament. Feels like Maruo should really have been seeded this tourney, but since it's his first time there I guess it's to be expected.

scy

I just checked since the last time it was brought up and man the situation with the wall of shame is mind-bending.

I was wondering when this was going to happen again.

All you have to do is press post a lot. Seriously, they're going to come close to my OT1 total, which had 60,000 posts in it. This thread will have 20,000. If only there were really that much manga to talk about.

I hit alt-tab and check the thread. See something to respond to so I respond. That's about the extent of it.

The fact this is apparently some big deal is mind blowing to me.

kasane

I hit alt-tab and check the thread. See something to respond to so I respond. That's about the extent of it.

STOP GOING ON NEOGAF

Oh wow. Until death do us part got updated.

upandaway

For the record I think it's all fine and dandy, but scy, scy-man, look. Did you see the same numbers I saw? I think that can be considered a big deal. Assuming we're in sync on the definition of big deal.

Show me the mythical press post button cause I know I usually have to at least think of responses.

I honestly don't see the big deal. I read a lot of manga. I did that last OT too. I never saw anyone suddenly questioning that last OT. *shrugs*

Does Crunchyroll just adds all the popular series found on other sites? Where do they get the translations?

Since they already have other manga from that magazine it was probably highly likely they would definitely get more from it.

At least with the people Ive noticed, the translators for crunchyroll manga are typically the same ones that the already do manga translations from the american licensors.

kasane

Remote - 29

Should i even finish this? I don't really care if she gets ntr'd or whatnot i just hope there are still some good mysteries.

Angry Grimace

I saw 3 pages from the new Naruto chapter. Lava Elemental, Rasenshuriken? Yo.

Yeah, they released a few preview pages for whatever reason.

I assume he just got that ability from the Four-Tails chakra.

That's basically how it feels

Show me the mythical press post button cause I know I usually have to at least think of responses.

I honestly don't see the big deal. I read a lot of manga. I did that last OT too. I never saw anyone suddenly questioning that last OT. *shrugs*

C'mon. I have something near 10,000 MangaGAF posts. Do you REALLY think I care how many posts you make?
KuGsj.gif

kasane

I'm confused, didn't naruto have rasenshuriken like ages ago? Maybe because i don't follow naruto anymore but im just assuming Lava is sasuke's

scy

For the record I think it's all fine and dandy, but scy, scy-man, look. Did you see the same numbers I saw? I think that can be considered a big deal. Assuming we're in sync on the definition of big deal.

Like, most of it was when I was playing a ton of Hearthstone so it was done with that on one monitor and just reading stuff / GAF on the other.

I get that it's a stupid number of posts but, at the same time, it's not like I'm just looking for opportunities to post stuff. I think. I dunno.

C'mon. I have something near 10,000 MangaGAF posts. Do you REALLY think I care how many posts you make?
KuGsj.gif

Not really.

Angry Grimace

I'm confused, didn't naruto have rasenshuriken like ages ago? Maybe because i don't follow naruto anymore but im just assuming Lava is sasuke's

No, the Lava is from the Four-Tails. He has chakra from half of Kurama and small amounts of chakra from all of the other 8. I assume it means he now can use techniques from all of them, since Lava Release was a specialty of the Four Tails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom