• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's something that I find irritating about a series that *constantly* shows us Lucy and Erza butt-ass naked but nobody's ever having sex or even thinking about it at all. There's just something off about it.

Kieli

Ugh. The wait for Food Wars is painful. Also wanted to hold out for Biscuit Hammer, but they don't even have a release date for that one.

kasane

There's something that I find irritating about a series that *constantly* shows us Lucy and Erza butt-ass naked but nobody's ever having sex or even thinking about it at all. There's just something off about it.

they're having an orgy behind the scenes

dont you read the doujins?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Speaking of SNS, at least Tadokoro's match might have the possibility of being interesting since Tadokoro isn't guaranteed to win.

eh.

shes borderline cute/creepy
But creepy cute is the highest form of cute.

Hm. From my perspective, it's most that it gets brought up fairly often and I don't quite get why it matters too much. I don't really care too much besides the few posts on the subject that actually did seem more "seriously, just stop posting" rather than "lol such posts."
You have to bear in mind that us guys with tiny p
ost count
s are incredibly jealous of you swinging around your huge p
ost count
s. I've tried everything to get a bigger p
ost count
but nothing's worked.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

Tripon

Shonen manga died with Ace. One Piece hasn't returned to the God of Shonen peak in Marineford and no one else has stepped up to take the crown. There was a period of time where I thought Magi might be it, but it ended up drowning in its own vomit.

No wonder smut and shoujo have taken over.

Ippo never left.

*drops the mic*

Eleuin

This conversation
iyZvL0ZFEDP5j.png

Wise words from a wise man

Fairy tail would sell millions

i would probably consider it :lol

for real though, when I can afford to make a trip to Forbidden Planet I'll probably pick up Bleach. It's the only one of the big 3 that interests me and I enjoyed the 50 or so episodes of the anime I watched.

scy

Speaking of SNS, at least Tadokoro's match might have the possibility of being interesting since Tadokoro isn't guaranteed to win.

Possibly. I think it's still weighted in her favor, though. But at least the loss is a bit more on the table, so to speak.

Though I'm still thinking they'll have an eventual showdown. That'll be something.

"start fucking or gtfo" - grimace 2014

It would improve things.

Angry Grimace

Possibly. I think it's still weighted in her favor, though. But at least the loss is a bit more on the table, so to speak.

Though I'm still thinking they'll have an eventual showdown. That'll be something.

It would improve things.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the next round was Soma v. Tadokoro since it would speed stuff up if she doesn't lose.

Angry Grimace

Soma lost to Hayama, though?

Actually, in this competition or any other Shokugeki, Hayama would have lost. These rounds aren't judged by score - three of the judges scored Soma higher than Hayama.

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan 1

Everything just felt so cliche.

You had the not very smart, labeled weak protagonist accidentally seeing the red head tsundere princess while she's changing her clothes.

Finding out about both of them being being forced to share a room together and become battle partners to win X tournament that's held between all magic schools.

And of course, a fight between the two where it (SHOCKINGLY) turns out that the guy is not actually that weak after all.

Just a bad first chapter all around.

Angry Grimace

Yanada 106

Quit being such a wimp, Yamada. Like, seriously, why are you STILL being dramatic over whether Shiraishi likes you?

Kieli

? The english pubsliher has been counted down daily to when biscuit hammer releases, and one can just buy Food Wars now.

I don't like buying digital of anything. If I spend money, I'd like to have something to show for it.

Fake edit: You're right, it seems they're releasing in October. So late, but at least it's a double-volume version.

Angry Grimace

i agree. the girl had the hots for hayama

Judges were arguing about the score and the female judge was biased as fuck

2 judges gave Hayama a perfect score, the other three judged Soma higher. Soma would have won in pretty much every other type of food battle.

scy

What would sink her is her confidence though, especially if its against the person who helps her on that.

Would depend entirely on how it's handled.

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan 1

Everything just felt so cliche.

You had the not very smart, labeled weak protagonist accidentally seeing the red head tsundere princess while she's changing her clothes.

Finding out about both of them being being forced to share a room together and become battle partners to win X tournament that's held between all magic schools.

And of course, a fight between the two where it (SHOCKINGLY) turns out that the guy is not actually that weak after all.

Just a bad first chapter all around.

#lightnoveladaptations

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Are light novels basically the japanese version of shitty women romance novels, except they are written for males?

Only light novels I've read are some of the haruhi ones and full metal panic.

Angry Grimace

Inugami-San 4

Sarutobi trolling the shit out of Inugami, pt. 4. The worst part is that I fully expect Inugami to get the hots for Sarutobi any time now, since she seems only sort of hostile towards him (who is just some random dude that stole everything she had). Basically, its just an Ace being trolled by an even better Ace.

Currently in class, but tell me archer girl hasn't disappeared yet.

Gone.

Kieli

Fair enough.

However, Soma winning shouldn't be a surprise. It's not like he's a weakling and winning by asspulls. He seems like a MC who has already finished his training arcs and we are seeing the fruits of it with him bodying his opponents.

Certainly doesn't make for good tension, though. However, I think he'll meet his match against the elite ten (or maybe future alumni) when he gets there.

Angry Grimace

Fair enough.

However, Soma winning shouldn't be a surprise. It's not like he's a weakling and winning by asspulls. He seems like a MC who has already finished his training arcs and we are seeing the fruits of it with him bodying his opponents.

Certainly doesn't make for good tension, though. However, I think he'll meet his match against the elite ten (or maybe future alumni) when he gets there.

Well, he's basically the Overpowered Invincible Hero and she's the Low Self Esteem Hero.

Angry Grimace

Are light novels basically the japanese version of shitty women romance novels, except they are written for males?

Only light novels I've read are some of the haruhi ones and full metal panic.

Sorta, but no?

Kieli

Well, he's basically the Overpowered Invincible Hero and she's the Low Self Esteem Hero.

Hopefully we'll see less of this as he begins to face stronger and more talented opponents. The manga has definitely established that there are tiers above him (French-dude, GARsura).

Angry Grimace

Hopefully we'll see less of this as he begins to face stronger and more talented opponents. The manga has definitely established that there are tiers above him (French-dude, GARsura).

Shinomiya wasn't French! Why does everyone call him French Guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom