• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shinomiya wasn't French! Why does everyone call him French Guy?

Because his predominant characteristic is cooking french cuisine and owning a french restaurant in france. Plus no one can remember his name. :p

Also french are jerks and he's a pretty big jerk.
Sorry kurita.

kasane

Because his predominant characteristic is cooking french cuisine and owning a french restaurant in france. Plus no one can remember his name. :p

Sorry kurita.

WAIT

ISN'T HE HALF NIPPON HALF FRENCH?

I'm confused.

scy

Are light novels basically the japanese version of shitty women romance novels, except they are written for males?

Only light novels I've read are some of the haruhi ones and full metal panic.

No but there's just a lot of light novels that sound trashy as fuck. So kind of but not really.

Sometimes they're worth reading just for the superior designs.

See, I said that but you and I both know I'm going to totally read the fuck out of it later when I have the time.

kasane

A lot of the light novels have amazing-tier art

dunno why maybe because they have to draw less so they can add more details and stuff

Sorry kurita.

While possibly not true in real life, i've seen it too much of a stereotype to actually agree.

ayqPPOF.png

UQ Holder 31

The day Kuro decides to become the girl she's always meant to be, will truly be amazing.

lol can't help but think the loli just made a Dark Souls reference at the end.

“Well, the important thing is the illustrations. So don’t worry so much about the writing.” - Hachiman Hikigaya

Hiki and his wise words never fails.

Kuro not turning female is the superior option. I don't understand why people can't see this!

Because that ass and those child birthing hips would be wasted on a guy.

Sincerely, have you seen them?

The sad part is, it won't even happen during the story and be an endless tease.

It's what you have to expect when reading an Akamatsu manga now.

Aizo

Banned
I don't remember how I had time to post that much in previous threads. I only have 198 posts in this OT!
Guess that finally being serious about my studies and not being single ruined my brilliant future. Damn it!
You're doing that weird thing that Barney does in HIMYM: vaguely hiding your bragging by making it sound like a complaint. hahahah
guys i hope we dont get banned
It's ManGAF; nobody gets tagged, and nobody gets banned here.

Koimoku 1 - End:
That was... pretty eh. Lots of fan-service, but the plot was lame.

Nejimaki Kagyu 18:
Woah. Shit got serious QUICK.

Akame Ga Kiru! 1 - 47:
God damn, this series. I reeeeally like this, but FUCK, talk about messed up/gross/crude.
Like, come on. A pedophile clown? Are you serious?
I AIN'T HAVING THAT SHIT.

Busaiku

Man, Comic Walker sucks.
They never add new chapters and keep changing the dates.

We were supposed to get some 2nd chapters of stuff by now, but nope, they keep messing stuff around.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Shonen manga died with Ace. One Piece hasn't returned to the God of Shonen peak in Marineford and no one else has stepped up to take the crown. There was a period of time where I thought Magi might be it, but it ended up drowning in its own vomit.

No wonder smut and shoujo have taken over.

Pft,

KINGDOM reigns supreme above all else and easily dethrone One Piece in my eyes.

Heck, IMO Toriko already does that too. But still, KINGDOM reigns supreme.

I don't get why people are so upset over the fact One Piece (deliberately) slowed down the pace after Marineford. It's unrealistic to expect any series to maintain such a crazy high or intense pace for so long. Time skip and slowing things down was a good thing the audience needed a breather and the series to lower the adrenaline and slowly build it back up.

And I still think Dresden is crazy for thinking Magi has somehow gotten worse, yes the beam war went on a bit too long but after that the excellent writing and world building has returned and has been better then ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom