• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Eh it was putting so much emphasis on OZMA and the editor but it fell flat on its face.

Also anyone read immortal regis? I know there is a sequel but back when i read it i was confused as fuck. The first time was hype tho and when it ended i was mad at the heroine like crazy.

I did. The first ended weirdly and abruptly, and the sequel is more confusing than the first.

I'm waiting for more chapters before I go on a reading binge

scy

Yamada 106 - Oh come on dude. Seriously? Can we just actually have Shiraishi as part of the plot instead of dumb stuff like this?

UQ Holder 31 - "A save point" -> She dies at some point coming up.

Eh it was putting so much emphasis on OZMA and the editor but it fell flat on its face.

Yeah. It tried to make a villain (for some reason?) when it wasn't really necessary at all.

kasane

I remember when the sequel came out. I was like WTF? That's it? Was totally expecting an awesome arc.

I think the gist of the sequel is

New lead
Old lead becomes evil
Lil bro becomes main villain

As for the heroine, i hope she suffers cause what she did to him was horrible.

IHaveIce

Banned
I can't believe I have the same opinion as DTL on this but Yamada should have ended after the first witches lost their powers.

It just feels milked and dragged out, man I really liked the series in the beginning.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I can't believe I have the same opinion as DTL on this but Yamada should have ended after the first witches lost their powers.

It just feels milked and dragged out, man I really liked the series in the beginning.

So it's a yoshikawa miki manga then.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Well guess Sasuke getting the Rinnegan is according to plan.

Khezu

Naruto

Sasuke got one new eye you can barely see, and not even a set, just a single eye.

Naruto got new clothes, two weapons, floating balls, and he is glowing like a god.
Fucker even got new shoes out of this deal.

Kabuto

Naruto

Sasuke got one new eye you can barely see, and not even a set, just a single eye.

Naruto got new clothes, two weapons, floating balls, and he is glowing like a god.
Fucker even got new shoes out of this deal.

hahahaha I didn't even notice Sasuke only got one eye.
wow he got gyped unless having a Sharingan and Rinnegan at the same time> Rinnegan alone.

Stulaw

Naruto
So I guess Naruto and Sasuke can do any Jutsu they want now. Naruto looks cool, and seems to be wielding FTG Kunai for a reason.

Bleach
Well that's one big ass Shikai (he said "Swallow, Nozarashi" but not "Bankai").

@Otakumegane: It's probably like Yumichika were his true Shikai turned out to be hidden from us until the Arrancar Arc.

Kieli

I was wondering how Kishimoto was going to write himself out of a hilariously overpowered villain... so this is how he chooses to do it, huh?

iavi

Yep. The manga was actually pretty good all through that arc. Now it's the complete opposite.

It feels like she's trying to make a novel out of an idea thick enough for about a novella.

Naruto
So the Final Battle begins. Of course, it probably won't be long before Madara fuses with the tree, and Naruto and Sasuke face off against Treedara in the Final Final Battle.

Bleach
That's a big sword. I like that Kenpachi's solution to everything is to hit it with a sword. (Presumably, the point of Ken's behavior is to play mind games with Imagination Boy and make him imagine his own loss/death)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
KINGDOM

WELCOME BACK KYOUKAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

;____________________________________;

Kyp.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Best girl NOT messing around!

Bleach
Kenpachi Shikai looks okay .

Bleach
That's a big sword. I like that Kenpachi's solution to everything is to hit it with a sword. (Presumably, the point of Ken's behavior is to play mind games with Imagination Boy and make him imagine his own loss/death)

That happen last week and Kenpachi stop it from happening .

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Naruto

So Naruto finally got a fully functional Sage+Beast mode, and Sasuke got the Rinnegan on one eye only (but it looks like the Jyuubi eye rather than the one that Madara and Pain got... interesting).

Naruto

Rinnegan Sasuke enters.

Bleach

Godpachi indeed.

Toriko

Quin is great, and finally dat Frog.

Soul Eater not

Ohhhh, puppet magic.

ANE

Can´t wait for Gedouin to get slaughtered.

It's entertaining enough, but you are right. It is by design though. You can't have properly big moments without first laying the groundwork, if you don't lay the groundwork then you wind up like Naruto--big moments that feel silly or dumb because they just come out of nowhere.

Not every Berserk chapter is awesome, same with HxH, FMA or any of the other many series we all love the crap out of. There's always a difference between the hypest moment and the build up ones, we probably notice it more with One Piece due to how high the highs can be and the fact it's a weekly series.

Berserk HXH FMA are nothing alike to one piece with regard to groundwork. For one everything is connected and there not much if any fragmentation with individual chapters unlike how Oda does it. The groundwork in op has been utter boring. 75% of this arc has been boring. And there´s a difference between laying a groundwork and having filler panels/convo that does not add to anything

One Piece is fantastic with grand/climax scenes/moments but I always thought its moment-to-moment transitions as weak: the stuff that happened before things start to go down, I mean.
Only climax are entertaining, the rest is very boring.
Well, what I meant was not "laying the groundwork is unnecessary" but more of "Oda's laying the groundwork moments are weak".

Pretty much, and most of it is boring and uninteresting.

Bleach
Kenpachi Shikai looks okay .

That happen last week and Kenpachi stop it from happening .

He could try it again; force IB into total despair when he realizes that Ken can counter all of his attacks. Either that, or he'll just cut IB to pieces while IB is too focused on fighting to heal himself.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Kenpachis cleaver looks sinister, can't wait to see what his bankai does.

Naruto and Sasuke working together, will he interesting..

Radec

Naruto
Finally, Aizen's true form will be revealed!

I mean Madara.

Bleach

That's huge.

I wonder if his Bankai will be just like his standard sword.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Little jumper 3

I'm going drop this now in case there is any time travel incest, which seems like a possibility in this manga. Just not what I'm looking for right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom