• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toriko

Spirited Away vibes be hittin HARD. Man I'm really starting to dig this series.

Naruto

Wow, what's the explanation for only one Rinnegan in Sasuke? Madara says he's awakened it so maybe that's how it looks in its initial stages? Regardless, is this really the end? I feel like there's more to come but hopefully this battle doesn't end on an anti-climactic note. Plz Kishi!

Bleach

Finally.

Naruto (again)

Just had to comment on how stupid Sasuke looks now.

It's like Kishi couldn't let go of his Sharigan fetish enough to give Sasuke the Rinnegan in both eyes, so he just put it in one eye. And then he tried to make it extra fancy looking so he doesn't come off as an Obito clone either.

It's going to be hard for mbye to be impressed by anything Naruto or Sasuke pull off now since they were (literally) handed these powerups by a god since they're the reincarnations of his sons. Guess Neji was right all along about destiny meaning everything instead of hardwork and effort, lol. But hopefully the fight itself will be entertaining. Sadly, that's all Naruto has left going for it.

You really have no idea what your talking about.

Thats not the rinnegan. Its Kaguya's original sharingan. Theres a reason there's only one. Its because it was Kaguya's third eye. There was only one.

Screen_shot_2014_04_16_at_14_37_54.jpg

The only stupid thing here is your lack of understanding.

The hard work thing is bullshit as well. Having those chakras doesn't suddenly make you a god.

Firstly Naruto would not be where he is right now to gain such powers without hard work. Its like you conveniently have forgotten the entire manga.

Secondly there were numerous incarnations of Ashura and Indra and yet the only two that will stand the test of time are Naruto and Sasuke and Madara and Hashirama. Having their chakras give you such potential. Whether you grasp that potential is up to you and hardwork most definitely helped Naruto not only in terms of power but as well as character.

LeleSocho

Banned
Doesn't Obito have a Rinnegan? What are the odds that Obito going to ask Sakura to take his Rinnegan and implant it into herself?

That... that would make so much sense :O
Sakura is the Rin of team7 and before dying Obito wants to give the gift to Rin/Sakura too making her worthwhile of battling against Madara so we could have T7 vs Madara which is probably what Kishi has in mind for the final battle.

Naruto
Madara is so wrong, that's not the Rinnegan but the Sharinnegan... both powers in one eye unlike him that have to upgrade/downgrade to change abilities, he's so fucked.
hype HYPE HYPE!!!

Toriko
Best shonen manga right now? Best shonen manga right now.

Naruto

I can't deny that it wasn't a hype way to end the chapter and set up the final battle, buts it's also just complete bull shit as others have said "lol hard work its all about destiny and being born into greatness" all those really strong story themes that the manga started with have officially been flushed down the toilet. Guess its just time to turn my brain off and watch extreme shonen action. *sigh*

Bleach

His shikai looks more like an axe then a sword, and while it's cool I'm more interested in his bankai. Pretty cool chapter and the destruction of that barrier could have other implications on this arc going forward. Perhaps with it down the arracar or fullbring who they've teased can finally join the fight.

Toriko

I have no idea what's going on but this is awesome

One Piece

:(

Mael

Ah yes the hardwork of Naruto....
Just when the guy received a massive powerup because he dreamed he saw the Sot6p...
That massive hardwork of near death experience.

wow think that is the fastest i seen someone ban because of mangagaf if that is the reason .

Man people really get heated when it comes to the big 3. I remember the good ol days when everybody liked DBZ.

I sure if DBZ came out in this day and age people would have some problems with it and we would be doing the same thing .

There is a reason I'll never put DB/DBZ in a top anime/manga list but always honorable mention it. Its the series that got me into everything and the series I always go back to despite its problems, I'll never be able to accurately judge or rank it as I'll always have a crazy bias towards it

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If you guys want to talk about something more badass than the big 3, why not start with Professor Badass Motherfucker Munakata?

The Legendary Musings of Professor Munakata 7

He's not only the folklore professor, but the love professor.

counts who your BIG 3 is to begin with

BF68UX8.jpg

haha that picture always gets a chuckle out of me.

just going with the "official" version (although that has more likely changed long ago)

But the tropes that people bitch about came from DBZ ;)

Indeed.

I'll never be able to accurately judge or rank it as I'll always have a crazy bias towards it

Pretty Much.

Nostalgia is what currently saves DBZ from being what it really is imo but i'm fine with that.

Silky

Banned
Naruto

why the fuck does Naruto have swords now

but ey it was hype doe

OnePunch-Man

What a short chapter that's probably gonna end in
Saitama mollywhop special

Biorg Trinity

So I started reading this today and holy fuck it's bizarre

789shadow

Banned
Naruto

The Adventures of Ninja Jesus and Ninja Judas

Bleach

There is no way that was 18 pages. I felt like I only read 5. Fucking garbage.

Protag

Banned
Is it worth my time and money to read and collect vagabond? Ive heard nothing but great things about it, and it looks awesome.

There is a reason I'll never put DB/DBZ in a top anime/manga list but always honorable mention it. Its the series that got me into everything and the series I always go back to despite its problems, I'll never be able to accurately judge or rank it as I'll always have a crazy bias towards it

Man i grew out of that problem a few years ago which is why i dislike so many things i used to love for eg early gundam shows .

you actually used it ;__;
i'm honored ;__;

you need to full out all the faces .

Naruto

I prefer Narutos design with the long coat over his new design, swords really? lol, Sasuke didn't unlock the rinnegan thats the sage power given to him, which was kaguyas eye. Power ups, power ups everywhere, the ending did hype me up

Kyuur

Bleach

Can't believe Kubo could fuck up Kenpachi's first release this bad. Yawn.

Naruto

Endless power ups continue. At least this should be the last one. It's just ridiculous at this point.

Toriko

Pulling off the crazy new world better than One Piece! Glad to see the pet companions are finally getting the respect they are due. Some great creature designs so far, can't wait to see where this frog takes us.

bigkrev

Nisekoi

Well, at least this harem member is being thrust into a large roll quickly?

Stealth Symphony

I still don't understand why anyone would read this, but the idea that the Ninja was able to throw shuriken from the ground INTO SPACE was pretty funny

Seraph of the End

Loved those spread pages towards then end. Setting up the
yaoi
end strongly!

World Trigger

Hey, a chapter dedicated to a character who seemingly has a useless power and making him feel important!

Cwarrior

Naruto

The story of jesus Naruto and Yeezus Sasuke continuous.

The gai sensei sweetness is over it's back to your regularly weekly dose of wasted potential.

As I was saying for the last X amount of years, if you removed naruto and sasuke out of this manga it would make it a great deal better.

Bleach

I don't care about bs character like kenpachi wish he would just use two hands get this over with so we can move on to better characters.

Lain

MangaGAF turning on itself, like in a Juan Gotoh's cannibalistic orgy, whenever Wednesday rolls around.
It brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom