• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berserk HXH FMA are nothing alike to one piece with regard to groundwork. For one everything is connected and there not much if any fragmentation with individual chapters unlike how Oda does it. The groundwork in op has been utter boring. 75% of this arc has been boring. And there´s a difference between laying a groundwork and having filler panels/convo that does not add to anything

What you call filler other people call story \ character interaction , also explain to me how everything is connected in HXH and FMA with individual chapters but OP got so much fragmentation .
Plus who fucking cares about individual chapters most people read manga by the vol .
Been a while since i did this .

Nordicus

KINGDOM

WELCOME BACK KYOUKAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

;____________________________________;

Kyp.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Best girl NOT messing around!
Well god damn

What you call filler other people call story \ character interaction , also explain to me how everything is connected in HXH and FMA with individual chapters but OP got so much fragmentation .
Plus who fucking cares about individual chapters most people read manga by the vol .
Been a while since i did this .

The story and character interaction are very boring. How many skull jokes, nose bleeds, lost his way, overreaction panels there should be? Character interaction is very unnecessary and utter bore. 80% it does not add anything. The chapter are fragmented because Oda tries to unsuccessfully cover multiple characters doing different things in one chapter. Which make the whole thing unnecessarily drags on.

KingJ2002

Naruto:

Good chapter. Not sure what's going to happen with Guy as he's not going to die... but he's almost a lump of ash with a pulse. I hope he makes a full recovery... but it's also likely that he may never practice ninjutsu again... leaving everything to Rock Lee.

Also... Sasuke with the Rinnegan. There are going to be some epic fights coming up.

Bleach:

Short but sweet. Seeing kenpachi's shikai reminds me of Ichigo's former Shikai... but bigger and the sword cut in half to form a cleaver. It's clear that Kenpachi shikai seems to absorb the power from anything it touches... that fits very closely to a sword like waibuiske in that it affects anything it touches... draining the opponents energy. Making kenpachi that much more dangerous as he's powerful enough already... now he can weaken his opponent?

I can only imagine what his bankai is like.

as far as the whole "always released" thing.

I can imagine that his reaitsu keeps it always is in its released state... but he envokes it's true form by saying his name. So day to day it will be still in that chipped sword state until he call it out to be a cleaver.

The story and character interaction are very boring. How many skull jokes, nose bleeds, lost his way, overreaction panels there should be? Character interaction is very unnecessary and utter bore. 80% it does not add anything. The chapter are fragmented because Oda tries to unsuccessfully cover multiple characters doing different things in one chapter. Which make the whole thing unnecessarily drags on.

It's boring to you , the character interaction is one of the reason OP sell as well as it does . People enjoy the SH fool around acting like there self during arcs , it adds to aspect of the crew being a family .
A huge amount people don't read manga by chapters , so covering different view points per chapter is not problem when it come to Vols .
Reading manga by chapter has been dying for years this is showed by magazines sales going down and all big series sell more than magazines counter parts .
Yes sometimes OP drags on but parts of what you calling drag on are not that way for a huge amount of the fan base.

ryan13ts

Bleach

Holy shit, what an awesome looking shikai. I just hope it's ability is as cool as it's appearance.

Toriko

I'm getting some old One Piece-ish vibes from these last few chapters, with everything they're encountering in GW being weird/unexpected... which is great. I also got a kick out of seeing Yuun fly out as if he was going to do something like Quinn or Kiss, and then shit his pants running from that monster.

SykoTech

Naruto

Someone remind me why there's a Ninja Alliance again? They haven't done a thing in ages as Kishi has made it abundantly clear that he can only write his 2 overplayed golden boys and their small group of friends. Madara's literally the last man standing now that the swirly Zetsu who showed up out of nowhere (great writing) is out of the way, and nobody else outside of Guy's group has done a damn thing.

I don't think I've ever read a manga series with more wasted potential than this.

....oh wait.

Bleach

Well, not quite as much wasted potential as Naruto (close second). But each chapter so hollow that its sorta not worth reading on its own. A single page or concept art of the one big moment would have been just as satisfying. Time to go on another break from this.

Bleach

Holy shit, what an awesome looking shikai. I just hope it's ability is as cool as it's appearance.

Looks like Ichigo´s shikai backwards.

It's boring to you , the character interaction is one of the reason OP sell as well as it does . People enjoy the SH fool around acting like there self during arcs , it adds to aspect of the crew being a family .
A huge amount people don't read manga by chapters , so covering different view points per chapter is not problem when it come to Vols .
Reading manga by chapter has been dying for years this is showed by magazines sales going down and all big series sell more than magazines counter parts .
Yes sometimes OP drags on but parts of what you calling drag on are not that way for a huge amount of the fan base.

Citation needed.

That´s a convenient way to circumvent that the chapters are actually fragmented. The matter of the fact that every chapter prior to climax jump all over the place which makes it feel fragmented. We read manga on a weekly bases, so don´t tell me volume this and that to try to minimize what other people see when they read a chapter. Even as a volume it will still be fragmented. Where´s Sanji and co. for instance? We have not seen Sanji since chapter 330.

Bleach

A big sword...original and extremely exciting (he seems excited at least...). Nothing in Bleach really comes off as surprising really. The series lacks impact. This series seems to have lost substance over time. Just a series of posturings, explosions, excited/fearful expressions, and hollow exchanges...

Toriko

I don't even understand anymore I am just hear for the awesome ride

Naruto

And thy grace was placed on Madara... R.I.P

Bleach

cool to finally see Kenpachi's Zanpaktu

Edit: Also this line

"Is this a joke? Because I am not laughing"

Much cool, such Power

Andeeeh

Bleach

A big sword...original and extremely exciting (he seems excited at least...). Nothing in Bleach really comes off as surprising really. The series lacks impact. This series seems to have lost substance over time. Just a series of posturings, explosions, excited/fearful expressions, and hollow exchanges...

Kubo is the Michael Bay of the Manga world.

Andeeeh

Naruto
So the Final Battle begins. Of course, it probably won't be long before Madara fuses with the tree, and Naruto and Sasuke face off against Treedara in the Final Final Battle

Oh don't forget, after treedara dies, the sage's mother kaguya will be resurrected and reveal she was the true mastermind. Sasuke and Naruto will fuse together for the final final final battle.

Citation needed.

That´s a convenient way to circumvent that the chapters are actually fragmented. The matter of the fact that every chapter prior to climax jump all over the place which makes it feel fragmented. We read manga on a weekly bases, so don´t tell me volume this and that to try to minimize what other people see when they read a chapter. Even as a volume it will still be fragmented. Where´s Sanji and co. for instance? We have not seen Sanji since chapter 330.

There were interviews about it when OP was blowing up again during strong world .
You seem to have a problem with how OP does it's storytelling which is from different points of view at the same time .
Which is something that Oda has been doing for years since the crew got bigger .

Also i am not minimize anything i am stating a fact that people who read the manga in vol format don't see things the same way or won't have the same problems as weekly readers.
For eg in the current arc we see 5 or 6 pages of one part of the storyline per week and counting breaks it take months to see what happens which is why you call the manga fragmented.
In vol format for the reader take for eg Operation SOP all of it happens but the ending in one vol , the same for Sabo trying to get Ace DF.
You ask what happen to Sanji and Co they leave the island with CC and all of that happens in one vol also .

Yes we read manga on a weekly bases but that don't change the fact authors care more about vol format when it comes to there story .
I remember people saying that AOT monthly pacing sucks but guess what most of the fan base don't give a fuck or the author, the magazine it comes in have a circulation of 60,000 the vols sells over 1.5 million .

Naruto

This is how a writer is supposed to do a final arc. I hope Kishimoto makes this last for a long time as I want to enjoy every moment of this event for the year.

I hope there is a powerful combination jutsu they can do when they fight hand in hand litrally to.

The anime needs to stop filler and get on this.

SykoTech

Naruto (again)

Just had to comment on how stupid Sasuke looks now.

It's like Kishi couldn't let go of his Sharigan fetish enough to give Sasuke the Rinnegan in both eyes, so he just put it in one eye. And then he tried to make it extra fancy looking so he doesn't come off as an Obito clone either.

It's going to be hard for mbye to be impressed by anything Naruto or Sasuke pull off now since they were (literally) handed these powerups by a god since they're the reincarnations of his sons. Guess Neji was right all along about destiny meaning everything instead of hardwork and effort, lol. But hopefully the fight itself will be entertaining. Sadly, that's all Naruto has left going for it.

kasane

Mixed impressions on naruto

Im on the #bad train cause of all the shenanigans this arc had.

Granted i stopped reading it lol

Mael

Naruto
Ok that was kinda....well cool but kinda boring, just end the suffering already.
If the eyes of Sasuke is a publication mistake, there's an editor that will be fired for this...
Otherwise it's just Kishi being bad...

Bleach
Why were people under the impression that Kenpachi's sword was always in released state?
Wasn't that JuhaBach younger self passing as Ichigo's zanpakuto explaining the whole thing?
Or is it another inconsistency or something?

And lol at OP's talk about fragmentation, that's more like Bleach problem with how we get bloody 3 pages fragments that stretch for 20 pages.
Seriously it's grating even in volume form when you buy a volume and the story doesn't get anywhere at all.
Last volume that was released here (vol 57) didn't even manage to finish the whole old Yama getting beat up because he's a dumbass (like everyone in Bleach apparently).
Out of all the mangas I buy, it's probably the only one where I kinda feel robbed.

Lain

I see Beam is back with us.

I got done going through Daisuke Moriyama Art Works Chronicle and woah, so many great artworks in there. Even the fairly old stuff is great, though probably what I loved the most were the Fate Stay night illustration about Saber and the DQV one, which was kinda hot.
The comments at the end of the book were interesting, as well as the afterword. Solid book full of great art, with even a few scarves. I'd totally recommend it to anyone.

I'm also almost done reading Girls Drops, by Kanae Hazuki, Say I Love You author (of which I finally received volume 10 yesterday!). I'm loving the different stories in it (though so far the first has been the best probably). I also really love Hazuki's art-style so damn much. She is kinda like Ayuko, Nozomu Tamaki and a few others for me: I'd buy anything she draws, even if it's not that great plot wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom