• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

One of these days I'll actually mark stuff down that I read.

...one of these days. Yeah, totally. Yeah...

Going to guess that Arashi will end once they actually do it. For real. Then there's a to be continued for the main series.

The whole of Arashi has been a side thing so far. Don't see them going beyond that.

We'll reach a point in the main storyline where it'll go "well, this month happens in Arashi go read that" and then we'll continue on lol

But yeah, I think it's just supposed to be a side thing and not really a continuation of the plot. But, at the same time ... well, the plot has progressed.

upandaway

I don't think I've ever had a point where I wasn't maintaining a list. Without my MU list, I'd forget what I'm reading and where I'm at in those series, I wouldn't know (or would be really annoyed with finding out) when they're updated, and to add insult to injury, I'd be consciously skipping out on making a list despite going through all the steps to do it every time I'm going to read the next chapter (unless I'm fishing for updates by periodically checking a dump feed like the MU RSS feed, but that seems about as smart as setting up a bonfire for every meal instead of investing in an oven).

whoever of you who wants to say "but I know of new chapters from this thread", you have nuts in your underwear and that's not sanitary

I think the only problem with keeping a list on mal or whatever is that since I never done it, I would start from ground zero.

I tried it before (hence why my mal list actually has some manga), but with the large amount of manga out there, I would be spending days adding stuff.

scy

Yeah. At this point, it just feels like an uphill battle since I tend to randomly read something new every day (or re-read something or whatever).

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm torn. I'm disappointed that they didn't show more of the loops but, at the same time, I'm relieved that maybe it's actually getting somewhere.

Honestly, if not for the art I probably wouldn't think twice about reading it until it's all done :/
Yeah, the pace has been really slow. I also don't think they do a good job with making us care about the characters. Like,were we supposed to feel sad when the sergeant died? And why was the protagonist sad about that? Speaking of him, his personality change was so sudden - within the span of 4 or 5 pages I think.

But yeah, I couldn't care less about it at this point. Even the art doesn't save it for me, because I wasn't a fan of it to begin with.

Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! 16
Just barely avoided a pedo crisis. Oh well, I guess if that's the only alternative, it's good that Uchimaki is only interested in 2D girls

kasane

I think the only problem with keeping a list on mal or whatever is that since I never done it, I would start from ground zero.

I tried it before (hence why my mal list actually has some manga), but with the large amount of manga out there, I would be spending days adding stuff.

Yeah. At this point, it just feels like an uphill battle since I tend to randomly read something new every day (or re-read something or whatever).

This is exactly my predicament!

scy

Yeah, the pace has been really slow. I also don't think they do a good job with making us care about the characters. Like,were we supposed to feel sad when the sergeant died? And why was the protagonist sad about that? Speaking of him, his personality change was so sudden - within the span of 4 or 5 pages I think.

The original part? Yeah. "What same day? This is bullshit let me kill myself hrm okay same shit welp that's depressing turn down sex SUPER SOLDIER TIME"

So far, there's not even really characters. Just the protagonist who's at least using the whole time loop thing "seriously" and then ... uh ...

...well, I imagine Rita will be a real character soon. But it'll probably just be the two of them and then however the loops work until the end.

KKYVfQu.jpg

Mousugu Shinu Hito 4.5-5

Beating up a "pregnant" girl.

Okay, then.

Let's just add her to the ever growing list of not sane characters.

Have to feel bad about the Prez.

She's the only normal girl left and there is no way she's coming out of this unscathed.

upandaway

Well yeah makes sense, but that's my point, I'm confident I couldn't last in that reality for a week. I was pretty much forced into starting a list early on. I don't know how you guys didn't.

Then again I'm strictly talking about combining the act of maintaining the list and the act of getting updates (MU, or really other way of making a list out of your getting updates flowchart), because you're essentially doing that in your head all over again every time you check anyway. I'm not really sure why people keep MAL lists, keeping track by itself is too much work for too little gain.

Billion Dogs 12

No surprise the drunk will reveal the money.

Spoof on Titan 12

A family that stays together sleeps together.

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] 12

Well everyone's gonna die.

NadeNadeShikoShiko 12

She wanted to do something naughty so they did something naughty.

Girl and Car on the Beat 09

Introduce some handcuffs and the first thing she'll do is lock herself to the car.

ARAIDOKI 12

The demons are good people and the angel is suspicious.

In a Heartbeat 11

DRAMA

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 13

Even a ghost can ride a bicycle.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 12

Sticker ninja vs. real ninja fight!

Logick 09

That walk was a nice change of pace.

Milk on the Farm 02

This series is basically perverted jokes on a farm.

scy

Well yeah makes sense, but that's my point, I'm confident I couldn't last in that reality for a week. I was pretty much forced into starting a list early on. I don't know how you guys didn't.

Ah, it's mostly because I didn't really keep up-to-date with MU and such for the longest time. And now, it's basically just an extension of my laziness and stubbornness.

Blood Lad Vol.04

1B8Q7tOl.jpg

The fight against the vampire hunters was pretty amusing.

And then, all the stuff that happened in the second half was amazing. I guess I should have seen that was where the plan was going to go but it definitely got me hyped for the next volume. In July. ;_;

Cerity

Kyuusen no Shima 10

The town is burning and being overrun undead, god frienzed men. The choice was either going into the cave to have a massive, probably multiple day orgy or head to the habour from the mountains and escape by boat. The MC chose the latter. okay.jpg

Yozakura Quartet 73

Wow, that was a fun way to end this arc.

The fight that defeated science and the whole kinda twist about the oni hunter was pretty great and I like how easily everything settled down afterwards like in true fashion of this series.

kasane

Ibitsu - 1

Wat

Edit:

ibitsu - 2

My wat intensifies

Edit: Ibitsu - 5

Holy shit wat??? Im half laughing and half terrified

Okay just wtf is that.

Acid08

Banned
MEGAMI IBUNROKU - PERSONA volumes 1-6

So I finished Persona 1 recently and while looking up some stuff on it I learned it had a manga adaptation. It's actually pretty awesome. The problem with that game was that it was very light on story but had cool characters that I wanted to know more about. The manga expanded on everyone's back stories and basically is giving me what I craved from the lacking narrative of the game. Unfortunately only six of the right volumes are translated right now. Sixth volume was released in January so I'm hoping the rest will be out before too long. The book ended in 2000 bit it looked like the translations only started in 2010. And since the updates have been sporadic. I'm really aching for the rest.

survivor

Banned
One of these days I'll actually mark stuff down that I read.

...one of these days. Yeah, totally. Yeah...
Marking down shit you read is pretty helpful especially for manga that have long ass names and unfrequent translations and I just lose the ability to search for them. Which already happened to me before.

wonzo

Banned
Tsuiteru Kanojo 2

dude should just let her peg the shit outta him already

Nozo x Kimi 17

Ugh, if this really is ending soon and the next and penultimate chapter is gonna be really "dramatic" then I'm not gonna bother with this author's shit ever again. Goddamn hack.

Blade Play 44

what…

the fuck just happened?

Prison School 100

Hana. :(

From The New World provides both life and hometown in those covers
best of both worlds

So I'm reading Nisekoi.

Wondering why the consensus seems to prefer Onodera, aka worst girl.

Granted I'm only 3 girls in (seems like there's 4?), but... Yeah.

I'm of the opinion that Nana to Kaoru started great, but after a while the lack of normal relationship between them made the series weaker and weaker, it kind of makes the series unrealistic: >
100 chapters, and rising the erotic play, and they are so clearly in love with each other, and they still haven't kissed. Lol. And funnily enough, even seeing the series from a pure erotic point of view, the series will be even hooter if they started a emotional relationship already.

Let's be honest, the series is successful and they are trying to make all the bucks possible of it, delaying real advances in the story like in so many shojos and shonen. Hell, in this case they even started a second series, NtK Arashi, to exploit the series at double rate than usual (and with that movement, they basically cleared up that won't be any real advances in NtK, as chronologically Arashi is some months later).

After 100 chapters of NtK and 40 of Arashi, I'm tired of Kaoru feeling of not being worth of her. It's not like in every chapter there has to be plot advancement or character growth but after a while it feels stupid and repetitive.

So I'm reading Nisekoi.

Wondering why the consensus seems to prefer Onodera, aka worst girl.

Granted I'm only 3 girls in (seems like there's 4?), but... Yeah.

Which one is the best girl for you? Marika easily wins worst girl imo. Chitoge was winning me over but then Onodera being the one falling behind made her more appealing to me.

Also demure girl winning for once would be nice instead of tsundere and fangirl.

wonzo

Banned
Tetsuwan Girl 75

About damn time the baseball started again. GET HYPE

Bokura no Hentai 20

Ryousuke's totally gonna get dumped isn't he? :(

Yozakura Quartet 73

Huh. I was expecting her to be a god or something like that but I never would've guessed it was the sword all along. Well played, Yasuda. Still, that shit about them being "forgotten" out of existence with the power of science was the dumbest shit ever.

Silver Spoon 96

I hope that dude never finds job after that. What a piece of shit.

Which one is the best girl for you? Marika easily wins worst girl imo. Chitoge was winning me over but then Onodera being the one falling behind made her more appealing to me.

Also demure girl winning for once would be nice instead of tsundere and fangirl.

I haven't gotten to Marika yet (who I guess is 4th girl)

I'm Chitoge all the way. I'm a sucker for tsundere. She's also by far the most interesting character too IMO. Daughter of a crime gang, similar situation to Ichijou, more of a story with regards to switching schools a lot, struggling to make friends, etc.

Onodera is the daughter of a sweet shop owner. And that's it. (So far anyway). Super boring to me.

I'd take Seishirou over Onodera any day.

FYC

Banned
Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth 31

I love this spin-off so much.

So I finished Persona 1 recently and while looking up some stuff on it I learned it had a manga adaptation. It's actually pretty awesome. The problem with that game was that it was very light on story but had cool characters that I wanted to know more about. The manga expanded on everyone's back stories and basically is giving me what I craved from the lacking narrative of the game. Unfortunately only six of the right volumes are translated right now. Sixth volume was released in January so I'm hoping the rest will be out before too long. The book ended in 2000 bit it looked like the translations only started in 2010. And since the updates have been sporadic. I'm really aching for the rest.

Huh, neat. I had no idea this existed.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
T...well, I imagine Rita will be a real character soon. But it'll probably just be the two of them and then however the loops work until the end.
I dunno, I know it's not the same author, but Bakuman gives me zero hope of that happening.

Silver Spoon 96
This was a really bittersweet chapter. And lol, poor Hachiken can't get any breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom