• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illegal Rare - 4

This chapter was pretty comedic, and showed some details about Axl's life. Not a bad chapter at all. I guess the next case starts up soon.

Mortemis

Banned
Kingdom

Finally, it's time to get rid of that fucking eye sore known as Ryo Fui. Hopefully they take that ugly whore down with him, Sei's mom or whatever. I'm wondering if Seikyou's rebellion is against Sei, or against Ryo fui. Hopefully the latter.

Oh, and RIP Mougou

Soma

My god. Crying Alice is so... god damn. Give me more oh great Tosh. Pls.

Oh yeah, RIP Tadakoro.

scy

Horimiya 35 - This route is getting developed, I see.

DHf8frA.png

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 571-593

This is the first match Ippo has post-Rising, and it's some great stuff. He has not let the lack of Dempsey Roll completely throw him off his champion's throne. In fact, this new tactic that Ippo has picked up, a slow but steady approach that forces outboxers in the corner with intimidation and positioning, is some scary shit when you look at Ippo's eyes behind that peekaboo stance.

No matter how fast your legs are, he's going to hit you, and it's going to hurt

I hope this means Ippo is going to work smarter, not harder in the matches to come. Though he still should train hard, just try not to always get his face pummeled in each fight.

scy

That's probably my favorite Ippo fight still. Sure, it's nowhere near as actually flashy or dramatic as basically every other match in the series but something about the systematic dismantling he does there is just a joy to read.

Nordicus

That's probably my favorite Ippo fight still. Sure, it's nowhere near as actually flashy or dramatic as basically every other match in the series but something about the systematic dismantling he does there is just a joy to read.
I can imagine the cold sweat on Miyata's face if/when he realizes this is exactly how Takamura cornered him during their sparring match.

Feng Ji Season 3 Ch1/103

So Ah Gou & Bai Cai are 23-24 now? I think he mentioned in passing how he was 18 or 19 before the attack on the Gods.

Jiang Shang (Ziya)? Kudos for them using someone I thought was dead like 90 something chapters ago. Politics, its dangerous yo

Soma 67

dat crying lol

plus damn Megumi has her work cut out for her with this battle. I would say she pulls through (hopefully).

Kingdom 36 - 107

Badasses, Badasses everywhere up in this :O :O :O

Even where i am
the new enemy is like "fuck this you cant do shit to me as a i have all these people so i'll flaunt in your fucking face right after i tried to kill you the night before"

And yea the scale for the battles is pretty amazing so far
(that full page spread of Gokuei's(sp?) army coming for the top of the mountain...damn :eek:).

Also its funny how Shin reminds me of Luffy although he's not as dumb/non caring of details as Luffy can be with things. Dude is just full of energy and determination and can fight like a boss.

Sai

Hajime no Ippo 571-593

This is the first match Ippo has post-Rising, and it's some great stuff. He has not let the lack of Dempsey Roll completely throw him off his champion's throne. In fact, this new tactic that Ippo has picked up, a slow but steady approach that forces outboxers in the corner with intimidation and positioning, is some scary shit when you look at Ippo's eyes behind that peekaboo stance.

No matter how fast your legs are, he's going to hit you, and it's going to hurt

I hope this means Ippo is going to work smarter, not harder in the matches to come. Though he still should train hard, just try not to always get his face pummeled in each fight.
Loved that match. Victory was so flawless that I actually felt a little sorry for Karasawa; all that time building up his mid-section only for Ippo to have him throwing up a lung.

Also had me expecting Ippo's matches to start playing out a lot differently, especially when matched against outboxers... But, they don't. It can be attributed to both the increased level of skill as Ippo climbed up the world rankings, and the fact that Karasawa's boxing was a little too textbook despite his level of skill.

Quixzlizx

Is Fuuka off this week, or is RHS just slow? I'm a Seo-junkie; send help.

Shokugeki no Soma 67

Dat Alice. It's too bad we won't be seeing too much of her for the rest of the tournament.

Girls of the Wilds 134

MINUS 10, lol. Queen just needs to take what's hers.

Rereading Soma, they really nailed Ryo's entrance from when he was covered by that black tone thing.

WAIT holy crap is Ryo supposed to be an Anti-soma? Right down to the bandana coloring and which arm he decides to wrap it in. And the suitcase/apron placement.

Nordicus

Loved that match. Victory was so flawless that I actually felt a little sorry for Karasawa; all that time building up his mid-section only for Ippo to have him throwing up a lung.

Yeah, Ippo's training > Your training. Always.

The mental image for that body blow was rather new too, Karasawa was actually worried for a second that his torso had been torn off as if fired at with a cannonball.

if Tadakoro wins then we'd have a weird situation where she is able to defeat a person stronger then Alice...

what would be the more suitable outcome is Tadakoro to lose and Soma to face Ryo in a later match

corny I know but it seems more plausible

Uwagaki

DT5ExFr.png

I'm going to copy the summary from MU because it's hard to explain:

It's fairly obvious to Terui Chiaki that her classmate Ajikawa Yoshio has a crush on her. He is completely not boyfriend material in her eyes and, even if he was, Chiaki already has a boyfriend. Their mysterious teacher Mr. Yamada sees this relationship between the two students and offers an experiment. He is able to make copies of people and objects and does so with Chiaki, creating a copy of her, except the copy has no knowledge of her boyfriend. Yoshio will hit on the Chiaki copy, who is named Koaki, and he'll try to make her fall in love with him. After a specified amount of time, the copy and original will be combined back together and which ever love is stronger between the current boyfriend and Yoshio will overwrite all other emotions. So this love experiment begins and both Chiaki and Koaki, being the same person, thinks Yoshio has no chance in hell but with each passing day, some feelings begin to bubble

It's surprisingly good romance, the idea is novel, the characters doesn't act as idiots and the story isn't full of misunderstandings, the character development is decent, and there is actually a bit of interesting issues about identity and conflicting interest.
I still haven't finished it but it's a 4 volume story so it won't overstay its welcome.

The cover looks a lot lewder than the summary suggests.

I dunno, sounds like NTR for the current boyfriend. But I guess could be interesting?

No guys seriously. Yuki-Snow, basically white. Kuro for black. Then there's the fact that they both get serious when they put on their bandanas which are also of opposing color. and then this

That positioning of apron and bandana and suitcase. Them opposing colors. They both got the same score in prelims. Not to mention Ryo is the closest to an "Asura" who dominates using cooking like what his dad used to do. And the theme? Ramen? The dish that his dad pwned him with and that Ryo will likely pwn tadokoro with?

The author is setting this up so that Soma will soon face a dude similar to what his dad would have been in highschool, who's also a pretty much an opposite force.

Fuck me for not noticing this sooner.

I dunno, sounds like NTR for the current boyfriend. But I guess could be interesting?

Hah hah, yeah the cover can bit a bit misleading. But it's our dirty minds the real guilty.

NTR? Nah. There is other copy of the girl (well, the original) that stay with the bf, and she has most of the odds to win. Though later, there are plot developments, and the original setup goes out of the window in unexpected ways. It's interesting.

scy

Cute and fluffy NTR?!

Such breakthroughs.

No guys seriously. Yuki-Snow, basically white. Kuro for black. Then there's the fact that they both get serious when they put on their bandanas which are also of opposing color. and then this

That positioning of apron and bandana and suitcase. Them opposing colors. They both got the same score in prelims. Not to mention Ryo is the closest to an "Asura" who dominates using cooking like what his dad used to do. And the theme? Ramen? The dish that his dad pwned him with and that Ryo will likely pwn tadokoro with?

The author is setting this up so that Soma will soon face a dude similar to what his dad would have been in highschool, who's also a pretty much an opposite force.

Well, I just hope for a satisfying match for Tadokoro and not her just getting destroyed. But I guess that doesn't really make for an interesting opponent so she's going to get demolished if this is all to setup the aide as a big deal.

upandaway

Forgive me for not being able to break the news more easily but I think you're a little bit excited right now, man. Let's take a step back and eat some ramen.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Speaking of the Soma chapter, is Kasane okay?

Post if you're okay.

Hah hah, yeah the cover can bit a bit misleading. But it's our dirty minds the real guilty.

NTR? Nah. There is other copy of the girl (well, the original) that stay with the bf, and she has most of the odds to win. Though later, there are plot developments, and the original setup goes out of the window in unexpected ways. It's interesting.

Well I guess that's makes it even more interesting. I guess I'll have to read it. Someday...

Charade

I think the author has done some H stuff before, which could explain the lewd cover. The manga itself is actually not really smutty at all, which was pretty surprising.

Sayonara, Itoshi no My Friend 6-7

I havent cried joy so much from a bl in a few days but the confession scene after Haga and Tatsuo met up after the drama tabloid paper publishing that image of Haga and the previous lover kissing in the store place. But the whole scene with Haga just crying his eyes out as he struggled to get to the point to say that he loved Tatsu was so beautiful. One of the best stories around.

Post if you're okay.

RIP

--------------------------------------

I duuno. I feel like the tadokoro match will go one of two ways. She wins a hard fought battle against someone who vastly underestimates her and has his eyes more on Soma than her, or she gets completely steam rolled. Maybe it fires Soma up too.

I think it'll be the latter, tbh.

Post if you're okay.

Indeed.

I duuno. I feel like the tadokoro match will go one of two ways. She wins a hard fought battle against someone who vastly underestimates her and has his eyes more on Soma than her, or she gets completely steam rolled. Maybe it fires Soma up too.

The funny thing is that both outcomes can result in Soma being fired up so hegets a favorable result regardless

scy

Uwagaki 1 - So why not, I think I skipped out on this last time it was brought up.

Huh. That's one way to end the first chapter.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

I'm gonna call neither of those happening. I think she'll be solidly beaten but with room for interpretation on how close she was, and surpassing the expectations of the audience. Ryou becomes the "Soma mark", and whoever beats him (if any) becomes the new Soma mark. Soma's two fights left will be the Soma mark and the mystery gangster dude.

If Tadokoro beats Ryou, I'd love him to start crying the same way as Alice. Please make it happen.

Charade

Soma 67

Well, I guess anything can happen here!

Also, some of those MAD videos they talked about before the chapter were pretty cool.

Soma 67

Well, I guess anything can happen here!

Also, some of those MAD videos they talked about before the chapter were pretty cool.

I loved the world triggers ones, the soma ones I remember viewing them as they were added when they were taking submissions too. Had good ones. Song selection was odd when people sued Faylan's songs for Soma just didnt really fit.I cant even think of an series in which her songs were tied into things like magic or sci fi so thats probably what made them not fit for Soma mads.

RIP

--------------------------------------

I feel like as long as she doesn't get steamrolled I'm completely ok with whatever happens. Don't want all this development to go to waste that she had!

scy

beta couples tend to get all the support

Uwagaki 2-6 - So Volume 1 ends basically how Chapter 1 ends. Huh. Well, that's certainly one way to take out the NTR route.

Also, I completely forgot that this shot was from Uwagaki:

such dashing

Anyway, interesting. I guess we'll see real developments coming up soon since not much has really happened to make me like one girl over the other yet. Then again, same person soooo...

Goat for best character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom