• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
92E9el9.png

Shokugeki no Soma 67

Good lord, Alice is adorable.

Really hoping Ryou wins.

Would honestly start hating Tadokoro if she beat him right now.

Onsen ni Iko
Blrz5B2IEAAKSWI.png

Its always surprising to see ones favrotie manga artist tackle another pairing from a series they like. Though Kise Kuro isnt my top pairing (Aokaga), I always still love seeing Kise. And kise was funny in this one and as over enthusiastic as I love. Sadly like quite a few of her series progress here proceeded at the same rate and ended at a mere tease, maybe the next one will go further, and they even were in yukatas too :(

scy

I mean, up to this point things have gone well so I'm pretty confident in saying that there won't be a really stupid asspull in either direction. I have confidence that it'll be fairly easy to accept whichever outcome since it'll be done well enough.

scy

Uwagaki, Volume 2 - So we're getting real developments and I guess finally the actual progression of the pairing(s). Sort of. I'm not sure how to take the "game" that is going on for the two girls, though. Like, it's basically a battle of survival, right? One of them "dies" as the resolution if we want to look at it that way...

Well, I'll save that line of thinking for later. Guess we'll pick up the pacing now that the MC has decided to seriously try / got "permission" to seriously try.

Of course, didn't expect that to turn into winning so damn fast. Maybe he's smoother than everyone thought~~~

Brother Auto Spot 1

Tattoo artist Seina and his meeting with Jin to cover up some old lines and get some new work. His work was amazing and they have good chemistry. A bit afraid of the brother plot line potentially causing some odd feelings if they keep running into each other and then is found out to be going there just to keep watch over Seina.

Anyway, interesting. I guess we'll see real developments coming up soon since not much has really happened to make me like one girl over the other yet. Then again, same person soooo...

Goat for best character

I think it's interesting the conflict that is presented between both girls, both between themselves and for the MC. Because... she is the same person... but she isn't... but... aggh my head :p.

I wouldn't be surprised if the professor changes the rules of what happens at the end as he pleases.

Uwagaki, up to 14 - shijfhkifkhjfhjskfh oh god that's an awful cliffhanger to leave me on

I'm so sorry.

So while I'm reading this I am noticing a lot of similarities in art and comedy between Gou-dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora and Sora no Otoshimono.

So I look it up and it turns out they are by the same mangaka.

So awesome! Hopefully this stays comedy the whole time instead of being a weird whiplash mix of comedy and drama.

This might be a good replacement for the smut banner.

scy

I think it's interesting the conflict that is presented between both girls, both between themselves and for the MC. Because... she is the same person... but she isn't... but... aggh my head :p.

At this point, they're basically separate characters with similar personalities. I'm wondering if we'll eventually see a situation where it's the two vying for the MC. Which, on that note, he's actually grown a backbone and seems to be a real person. Go him.

Not sure how I want the Kazuya bits to go but I like where it's put Chiaki. Like, her characterization in general is pretty weak since it's so Kazuya-centric and this is kind of pushing her to find her own self. Which is really fucking weird to wrap my head around with the whole there's another one of her bit but yeah. Something like that.

I'm so sorry.

all of my tears

So while I'm reading this I am noticing a lot of similarities in art and comedy between Gou-dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora and Sora no Otoshimono.

So I look it up and it turns out they are by the same mangaka.

So awesome! Hopefully this stays comedy the whole time instead of being a weird whiplash mix of comedy and drama.

This might be a good replacement for the smut banner.

I'm waiting for half the girls to die.

Why does she need to "bullshit" a victory? She's totally capable to win... specially against an assistant.

Because he's "better" than Alice, ergo she shouldn't be able to win without blahblahblah.

As long as it's handled well, a victory can work. It would arguably add the most, too. Especially if it comes down to having the more "loving" dish in the end rather than the better technical dish.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tadokoro loses to the aide and he trashes her, Soma "defends her honor" and battles him in the next round, faces curry guy in the finals

That sounds highly unlikely unless the mystery guy from the end of the prelims gets written out for no reason.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At this point, they're basically separate characters with similar personalities. I'm wondering if we'll eventually see a situation where it's the two vying for the MC. Which, on that note, he's actually grown a backbone and seems to be a real person. Go him.

Not sure how I want the Kazuya bits to go but I like where it's put Chiaki. Like, her characterization in general is pretty weak since it's so Kazuya-centric and this is kind of pushing her to find her own self. Which is really fucking weird to wrap my head around with the whole there's another one of her bit but yeah. Something like that.

all of my tears

I'm waiting for half the girls to die.

Because he's "better" than Alice, ergo she shouldn't be able to win without blahblahblah.

As long as it's handled well, a victory can work. It would arguably add the most, too. Especially if it comes down to having the more "loving" dish in the end rather than the better technical dish.

Anything can happen in a short series. Its not necessarily a matter of who is "better."

Angry Grimace

He intentionally throws his match to not reveal his true power because curry guy doesn't interest him or some shenanigans

I think you're overestimating how important the curry guy is. I don't think the story with him is going to keep going. The point was resolved when Soma got more judges to give his dish a higher score, I think.

I think you're overestimating how important the curry guy is. I don't think the story with him is going to keep going. The point was resolved when Soma got more judges to give his dish a higher score, I think.

They clearly ended that with an indecisive draw, curry guy is going to either be the next round foe or the final boss of this arc

Angry Grimace

They clearly ended that with an indecisive draw, curry guy is going to either be the next round foe or the final boss of this arc

I don't think the point was beating curry guy, I think the point was just making the curry guy realize he could make a curry that was as good as his. Curry guy got an overall higher score, but Soma would have won a shokugeki.

I don't think the point was beating curry guy, I think the point was just making the curry guy realize he could make a curry that was as good as his. Curry guy got an overall higher score, but Soma would have won a shokugeki.

Only if the judges had been the 3 who thought Soma did better, if it had been the two who did thought it was worse and one of those 3 he would have lost. Unless the plan is to have curry guy job to the unknown guy

And yeah :dtl's guy is already dead probably round one fodder against the mystery dude

Stay Gold 4

A new change for the magazine and a good summary page, Gateau is doing good. This was a good chapter with Hayato being abit more forward with things, thought he had changed bu still just the same as ever alone. I wonder if itd truly go the route of him and his uncle.

I hope he wont get amnesia or something from the fall.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
yo fuk u tadokoro h8rs

I need something to shake me out of my Tenri depression, seeing as Hi Score Girl prob won't come out fast enough

Soma 67
Erina a butt

Tadokoro so moe

pls win even though there's a high chance you'll just end up like Rock Lee ;_;

Tadokoro loses to the aide and he trashes her, Soma "defends her honor" and battles him in the next round, faces curry guy in the finals
This I would be unhappy with because it would just be a rehash of what happened with the French alumnus kind of

Kieli

Soma was so close to getting Alice in his harem. Did you see that panel where he offers her his hand and she's all dere-ing.

But then he goes and screws it (or maybe he did it on purpose, :3) by giving her an opportunity to be peppy again.

Soma was so close to getting Alice in his harem. Did you see that panel where he offers her his hand and she's all dere-ing.

But then he goes and screws it (or maybe he did it on purpose, :3) by giving her an opportunity to be peppy again.

She's already harem'd though

Shonugeki no soma hentai/doujin from tosh when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom