• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice not getting into the harem for now is actually a small consolation prize for her since she won't be grouped with the other girls destined to lose.

At this point, they're basically separate characters with similar personalities. I'm wondering if we'll eventually see a situation where it's the two vying for the MC. Which, on that note, he's actually grown a backbone and seems to be a real person. Go him.

I know why you say that, at this point they are separate characters. But...

then we have the very ironic fact that the MC is in love with girl A and that's why it's going out and trying to conquer girl B!!?? that's frigging silly. And what will happen in the end. If we consider them different and separate beings, when the time comes... one of them is going to "die"??! That's when the scifi issue enters, the issue of copying a conscience. When the experiments ends, could we consider not like one of the girls disappearing but just a "merging" of both?
It could be resolved of course if the teacher in the ends says that one of the two memories would win was just part of the experiment to condition their reactions but it wasn't truth.

I liked in the last chapters that the MC is meeting and knowing the ex-bf and her gf. They are pretty cool people, and I like how the series isn't painting anyone as the "bad one" in any side.

scy

Believe in the beta couple power for Horimiya. It works for every manga.

I know why you say that, at this point they are separate characters. But...

then we have the very ironic fact that the MC is in love with girl A and that's why it's going out and trying to conquer girl B!!?? that's frigging silly. And what will happen in the end. If we consider them different and separate beings, when the time comes... one of them is going to "die"??! That's when the scifi issue enters, the issue of copying a conscience. When the experiments ends, could we consider not like one of the girls disappearing but just a "merging" of both?
It could be resolved of course if the teacher in the ends says that one of the two memories would win was just part of the experiment to condition their reactions but it wasn't truth.

Well,
my take is that it does answer that earlier posed question of whether or not she would fall in love with him if not for her boyfriend. But then there's the whole aspect of whether or not he'd fall in love with her if not for the cicada event, I guess? But, besides that, we're either facing a situation where one of the "girls" dies in the end when they're merged or the whole goal of this is to have both girls become their own characters that both love the MC and they just become one. Or we're just left with two girls for some reason, which would probably suck for Girl A since she loses twice then

this is where Alice is going for the next few chapters
GokuGohanHyperbolicTimeChamber.png

scy

Black Bullet 16 - Oh hey, this goes perfect with all those black bars from earlier.

Guess his solution a merging of the two "sides" of him? If so, that makes no goddamn sense, right?

Also, he basically just punched his way out of death so props to him on that one.

The moment where he leaves and she sees him off saying "master" and the others shout "you are not a maid!!" was pretty funny.

Oh, I see the author has done a few hentai also...

yeah, she's absolutely the best girl. Despite essentially being the same as Chiaki, there's just something about her that's better.

Maybe it's the hair, among other things.

The Last Supper

yXlsAkR.png

A oneshot from the author of Hinamatsuri, a must-read title. The guy has a good pulse on deadpan, slightly surreal humor.
Here, cooking solves a murder case!

Tokyo Hatsu Isekai Yuki - The Life of Mitamura Sakurako (Alias)

CYWQPXV.png

Another oneshot, same author! This is even more bizarre. And I would totally spoil it by saying anything about it, so read it, it's just 30 pages.

Melancholic Mellow Mellow 1-8 (End)

Excellent story offering from Ootsuki Miu bringing her great character design and emotional stories to the table here. The younger one taking a liking for his senpai after the kissing game in their school days launched him off on a course straight for romance for Yuuta. The present day story of Madoka living with Yuuta and then being deeply involved with him physically was the main highlight and how it evolved over time from being one sided to being one of need, longing, and desire. Good plot, tension, and drama, and personally appealed for the older uke shorter seme thing, need more of these situations and roommates too.

I think it was my eight from her, hopefully she is still writing into this 2014.

Uwagaki 14

oh god cliffhanger why

also if Koaki loses imma flip my fucking shit and this will be dropped

Nana to kaoru is the only thing I've intentionally dropped thus far so that's a serious thing

Uwagaki 14

oh god cliffhanger why

also if Koaki loses imma flip my fucking shit and this will be dropped

Nana to kaoru is the only thing I've intentionally dropped thus far so that's a serious thing

Well, if she loses
(I doubt it, it will end with Koaki winning, or somehow both winning, or as much a bittersweet ending where both end together in the future)
it won't happen until the end of the manga. So technically you won't have a chance to drop it!

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma 67

Bets to who's going to get jobbed by the mystery dude now that Tadokoro is out of the running? Takumi or Hayama?
Whoever it is, it's not set in stone that they'll really get beaten honestly. He could be doing things like using a recipe the elite guy gave him or mess with the other's ingredients or whatever, there's plenty of options.

Soma Question

what do you get for winning the election anyways
We don't know anything about the tournament yet besides that it's a tournament. All we can do is assume

Dresden

Shokugeki no Soma 67

Bets to who's going to get jobbed by the mystery dude now that Tadokoro is out of the running? Takumi or Hayama?

Takumi if they want to keep up that joke non-rivalry with Soma going.

Hayama if they want to make the mystery dude a credible threat, which sounds likely now. :( Also preserves the Akira vs. Soma rematch for some later date.

Well, if she loses
(I doubt it, it will end with Koaki winning, or somehow both winning, or as much a bittersweet ending where both end together in the future)
it won't happen until the end of the manga. So technically you won't have a chance to drop it!

even if I only have to drop a page or two, it'll still get dropped :p

Whoever it is, it's not set in stone that they'll really get beaten honestly. He could be doing things like using a recipe the elite guy gave him or mess with the other's ingredients or whatever, there's plenty of options.

Oh no, I am 98% positive he's going to win against someone. I hope I'm using jobbed correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom