• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

3D Kanojo 1-11.5

Some of those scenes hit me right in the feels. Poor Tsutsun needs to get over the fact that Iroha is way out of his league, but I get where he's coming from.

I find that I tend to really like shoujo like this that isn't SHOUJO. Maybe because any shoujo romance bullshit is still far more fresh to me than what I'm used to.

upandaway

Well, maybe I'll do it after I get back from my trip. I'll have enough free time to marathon it at that point. I'll go by case.
I did a quick google. It seems between episodes 268 and 608, exactly one month passed. Whoa!

Honestly this seems whimsical to a level where the author probably never even thought about it. I think going case by case will just bring up inconsistencies after looking up the holidays.

How come upandaway doesn't age
W0hIYp1.png

The wait for 892 and 893 to be translated will be painful, but it looks like we're finally at the climax of the Bourbon arc.

Chapter 900 could wind up being one of the biggest things in the history of the series.

scy

Tama's is super interesting though.

I wish she got more time.

The wait for 892 and 893 to be translated will be painful, but it looks like we're finally at the climax of the Bourbon arc.

Chapter 900 could wind up being one of the biggest things in the history of the series.

I would so. It's 900. That's a big number.

Goddamn, I need to catch up. I may re-read Detective Conan. All of it. RIP my time.

Kingdom 173

So that happened....

RIP Ouki :( :( :( :(

So manly though. Arc filled with sadness.

kasane

I did a quick google. It seems between episodes 268 and 608, exactly one month passed. Whoa!

Honestly this seems whimsical to a level where the author probably never even thought about it. I think going case by case will just bring up inconsistencies after looking up the holidays.

W0hIYp1.png

i told you im just concerned about you

Kuro 1 - 54

guxPZZZ.png

A full color manga about a lone girl and its monster cat. Full of cute moments but dark ones too.

Each chapter is a page. Its a web manga it seems.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I know what you mean, I feel like I check the site almost hourly.

Hayate 447
that was an interesting chapter thought it was continuing the plot then it did a weird side story, that somehow tied back into the main story.
And i think finally Athena is returning

Kingdom 193

New rivals has appeared for shin and damn
Sei's mother is a real piece of shit

Also fuck yea Shin,
kill those pieces of shit trying to justify such garbage

MegMeg☆SingerSongFighter 01

A normal girl gets kidnapped and turned into an android in order to help save the world from enemies that don't exist. So in the meantime, she'll save the world by becoming the next top idol, Gumi.

Well amusing to say the least. Could be wacky enough to warrant a good read and each chapter is pretty short too.

survivor

Banned
All five of you.
:p

Which one was this? Sounds interesting.
I made a post about it, but the links to read it are down. It seems like the magazine phases out its old issues from free online reading with the new issues and now I have no idea if anyone bothered to translate it or just save it.

Speaking of Asano I got the 2nd volume of A Girl by the Sea some days ago but have yet to read it, damn animus and vidya geams.

this should take priority over watching bad animu from this season

Sleazebag! Hanamura-san 01

The story of a high school girl who when faced with the decisions of helping others or leaving them in the dust takes the second option.

Oh boy, pretty dark. Yeah, it was dark. I shouldn't say it was funny either but yeah...

Charade

I made a post about it, but the links to read it are down. It seems like the magazine phases out its old issues from free online reading with the new issues and now I have no idea if anyone bothered to translate it or just save it.

Thanks. Seems like Mushroom Bamboo Shoot is the translated title (I think?), but I couldn't find anything else. Guess it's a wait and see kind of thing.

survivor

Banned
Looks like ANN already made a post about Asano's new manga 3 days ago, not sure how I missed it.
This year's 21st issue of Shogakukan's Big Comic Spirits magazine is announcing on Monday that Inio Asano is launching a new manga series tentatively titled Honobono no Fūfu (Tender-hearted Couple) in the next issue on April 28. The magazine describes the story as "new territory" for Asano.
New territory huh? Maybe he is finally writing a lighthearted manga full of optimism and fluffy feelings? lol

Haikei, Niisan-sama 1- 9 (end)
tumblr_n4czsoUQ601qbxqfpo1_500.png

Its the best bl true brother love sickness series Ive encountered. The way the brothers relationship was written through their eight years of letters was a nice prompt to start things off for when they could finally meet. The scenes with them sleeping on futons by each other at home, living together with the family, and then just living through this summer was great, and then the slow embrace of their emotions that werent simply simple adoration of an older or younger brother but more as love, as they crept up and how to deal with them, along with their internal struggle made it an excellent story that really made one want to see them get together in the end even if it would cross that barrier. Im just glad the series didnt even in tragedy like many of the other stories in the genre, and though it didnt do anything out of the norm beyond that excellent kiss, at least they still stay amazingly close brothers and everything, and maybe live happily ever after too. Definitely one Ill have on my ten list end of year.

Rhapsody

Banned
Hayate 447
that was an interesting chapter thought it was continuing the plot then it did a weird side story, that somehow tied back into the main story.
And i think finally Athena is returning

Hoping the story starts progressing soon. But Hata always proves me wrong.

Marche90

Aunt Tits 122

She looks like a tough target. Also, is she an Otaku or something?

Jeez, another break, too. It wouldn't be so bad if the number of pages were normal, but that isn't the case. Anyway, hope that the mangaka isn't sick or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom