• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

One Piece vol 44

That was so unrealistic that it destroyed any emotional pull it was trying. Really, the Ship is sentient? I know they sort of established that back a few volumes ago, but it just comes across as one hell of a Deus Ex Machina and kind of sours the end of the whole Water 7 arc.

kasane

One Piece vol 44

That was so unrealistic that it destroyed any emotional pull it was trying. Really, the Ship is sentient? I know they sort of established that back a few volumes ago, but it just comes across as one hell of a Deus Ex Machina and kind of sours the end of the whole Water 7 arc.

they said the impossible is possible in the grand line so im not complaining

Kingdom 201

Shin got
a upgrade, and i'm liking how easily he can rally his troops no matter the number.

Also the "Badasses, Badasses everywhere" line is still in full effect with these newly introduced characters (really liking Shin new rivals and yes that includes the stuck up one) :O

This campaign should be interesting
with these upgrades, the fact the old man has never won against the guy, Shin's ridiculous requirement to keep his squad and they fact they all might be court martial-ed if they fail.

Man, I forgot how long ago they were introduced / how long these last two arcs were.

It was even before the number i posted but i forgot it LOL

and its gonna suck when i'm fully updated on this series since that means waiting :(

scy

Kono Kanojo wa Fiction desu 22 - Cute date, girl interrupts, yadda yadda, oh hey another girl. Why.

Black Bullet 8

Why does life take so much pleasure in screwing them both so much?

This was just miserable to read.

It gets ... uh ... something.

In hindsight, I wonder how the anime will do some of these.

Charade

Magi 222.5 (?)

Well this was certainly an...interesting chapter. I think my eyes were starting to strain reading those pages lol.
I guess David is the "father" Al Sarmen worships judging from that last paragraph?

Prison School - 99-107

I always take these big breaks on this manga, and come back to read a bunch of chapters at once. It's always great reading this manga in a bunch, and it gets me everytime. I don't have much to say, but Andre is killing me with his Andrenomics crash. Also, I can't believe that Shingo believed Kiyoshi about how to kiss. What does putting a cup of water over your private have to do with kissing? I know that's how Kiyoshi experienced it, but anyone would be skeptical after hearing that.

Seems next chapter, Kiyoshi is going to go into sneaking mode.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kingdom 201

Shin got
a upgrade, and i'm liking how easily he can rally his troops no matter the number.

Also the "Badasses, Badasses everywhere" line is still in full effect with these newly introduced characters (really liking Shin new rivals and yes that includes the stuck up one) :O

This campaign should be interesting
with these upgrades, the fact the old man has never won against the guy, Shin's ridiculous requirement to keep his squad and they fact they all might be court martial-ed if they fail.

:(

So you agree Kingdom is simply one of the best mangas ever, right? :D

Soma

Maybe she could have won if she used them in her dish.

yo damn
5oCh92O.png

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 91-93

See now you can tell me that he screwed up by not confessing earlier, she just never had any interest in him in the first place, or because the Aunt spilled the beans on him as the reason(s) why they separated.

As far as I'm concerned, that guy just got NTR by the little kid.

And I'm laughing my ass off because of it.

LeleSocho

Banned
One Piece vol 44

I don't know if you are re-reading this or it is the first time but i'll warn you... keep your expectation six feet under from now on because after W7 One Piece goes only downhill.

kasane

I don't know if you are re-reading this or it is the first time but i'll warn you... keep your expectation six feet under from now on because after W7 One Piece goes only downhill.

I don't think a weekly series can keep up a certain level of quality throughout its life. Naruto, bleach etc. etc.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I still think One Piece has stayed consistent.
Certainly more than most long-runners out there.

Big One

Banned
I still think W7 is still the best arc in One Piece, but it's mostly stayed pretty good after it on a quality level. DIdn't even have an issue with Fishman Island arc outside of it's pacing issues.

Aside from the Fishman Island arc, I think One Piece has remained pretty great. Certainly the current arc has been excellent.

Yes, it seems to building itself up again, with this being the new Alabasta. But the FI arc was just awful. PH was alright though, but I do have some problems with the characterization of some characters like Sanji and how no one but Zoro and Luffy wins fights now, or even gets into fights that aren't off screen

I still think One Piece has stayed consistent.
Certainly more than most long-runners out there.

Yup. I'm just glad it hasn't gone into power levels territory, that most shounen manga go into. I thought the introduction to haki was going to be it, but it was surprisingly not that bad. The comedy has been good and consistent as well.

Yes, it seems to building itself up again, with this being the new Alabasta. But the FI arc was just awful. PH was alright though, but I do have some problems with the characterization of some characters like Sanji and how no one but Zoro and Luffy wins fights now, or even gets into fights that aren't off screen

I honestly think the only redeeming part about Punk Hazard was Law's reintroduction.

His appearances single handily made it better than FI.

Toriko 255 - 261

Uumen Umeda is in Neo? What. THat was surprising to see IGO folks even defect to Joie's crew.

At least at Gourmet Corp Otake is still around and Komatsu too, Otake has been my favorite chef so was afraid he'd be left out of the plot or worst.

bigkrev

It's my first time.
It's really not doing anything for me, but I'm more than halfway through, figure I should stick it out

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What are you talking about, the Christmas Bowl is one of the best final arcs in shounen.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah, I guess I do agree about the last arc. It's been awhile since I read it though.

At least it turned out better than how PoT did towards the end.

Yeah, I guess I do agree about the last arc. It's been awhile since I read it though.

At least it turned out better than how PoT did towards the end.

I thought Prince of Tennis ended rather well. The Nationals in general were pretty good, and the Shitenhouji match was great. Ryoma vs Yukimura wasn't the greatest final match in the world, but the finals did have the amazing Sanada vs Tezuka match which was one of the best in the entire series.

New Prince of Tennis hasn't been as strong, but I'm still enjoying the series.

Binbougami Ga!, Cross Game, Nurahiyon No Mago, and Fullmetal Alchemist remained consistent until the end.

EDIT: Oh shit how could I forget one of the best: Shin Angyo Onshi.

Read it if you haven't. One of my favorites. Amazing world building, design and pacing. The backstory of the characters was so good I still wish for a prequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom