• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Binbougami Ga!, Cross Game, Nurahiyon No Mago, and Fullmetal Alchemist remained consistent until the end.

Once they went to the capital, Nurarihyon really started to drag for me, and lost a lot of what had made it unique in the earlier arcs.

Cross Game absolutely remained consistent all the way through, but it also had a shorter run.

LeleSocho

Banned
FMA should be on the mangaka's manuals on how to make a story, keep all the important stuff until the end and yet still delivering on its consistency without any deus ex machina crap.

Rhapsody

Banned
Binbougami Ga!, Cross Game, Nurahiyon No Mago, and Fullmetal Alchemist remained consistent until the end.
Cross Game was pretty good and consistent. I never read Nura past volume 1, but I heard it got axed?

FMA's my favorite in terms of shounen, but I'm not counting that since it was monthly.

Once they went to the capital, Nurarihyon really started to drag for me, and lost a lot of what had made it unique in the earlier arcs.

Cross Game absolutely remained consistent all the way through, but it also had a shorter run.

FMA should be on the mangaka's manuals on how to make a story, keep all the important stuff until the end and yet still delivering on its consistency and without any deus ex machina crap.

Cross Game was pretty good and consistent. I never read Nura past volume 1, but I heard it got axed?

FMA's my favorite in terms of shounen, but I'm not counting that since it was monthly.

All of you need to read Shin Angyo Onshi if you guys haven't :0

I like it as much as Fullmetal Alchemist.

Sai

Naruto

Sasuke using Izanagi? Or something related to it, as Madara exclaims that he did more than just move. Sasuke later appears to... Teleport his sword into Madara? Missing pages, some of them out of order—we're all confused.

The "invisible force" of Madara's Rinbo is a projection of an invisible copy of himself. Sasuke is able to see it with his Rinnegan. Naruto cannot see it, but sense it; and his Rikudou Senjutsu attacks can damage it... Honestly, I would have preferred if this remained a mystery.

Madara uses a Yin Release/Lightning Release technique, and a Storm Release technique?

Naruto uses Shuukaku's chakra to make a Magnet Release Rasengan.

Rhapsody

Banned
So Ah My Goddess is ending this week. There's a lot of catching up for me to do.

Been reading this for so many years so it feels weird that it's finally ending.

LeleSocho

Banned
Naruto Spoilers
Oh so it was normal not knowing what that Limbo technique was when Madara used it last chapter, i thought i missed something. I still don't understand perfectly what's going on tough, i need the full chapter

Hoshin Engi is a series that stay consistent.
yes it's cheating cause its based off a novel but so what, sue me

So guys about Yen Press can you only buy their LN or manga digitally and can't buy it physically.

Manga, yes. I heard for LNs probably no. Licensing and stuff.

So Ah My Goddess is ending this week. There's a lot of catching up for me to do.

Been reading this for so many years so it feels weird that it's finally ending.

Man, I forgot that was ending too. So behind in that I might as well start over. Wonder if Skuld's romantic thing ever went anywhere.

Quasar

So guys about Yen Press can you only buy their LN or manga digitally and can't buy it physically.

Depends where you live. But the LN stuff is available for both (though digitally its US only). Not sure about the manga, but digitally (aside from the recent squeenix stuff) its US only.

kasane

Naruto

Sasuke using Izanagi? Or something related to it, as Madara exclaims that he did more than just move. Sasuke later appears to... Teleport his sword into Madara? Missing pages, some of them out of order—we're all confused.

The "invisible force" of Madara's Rinbo is a projection of an invisible copy of himself. Sasuke is able to see it with his Rinnegan. Naruto cannot see it, but sense it; and his Rikudou Senjutsu attacks can damage it... Honestly, I would have preferred if this remained a mystery.

Madara uses a Yin Release/Lightning Release technique, and a Storm Release technique?

Naruto uses Shuukaku's chakra to make a Magnet Release Rasengan.

Oh man. I quit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Yen Press makes me sad because they don't have Spice and Wolf available digitally.

Wait this is actually fucking happening.

Did the main couple pass first base?

They're getting married, also yes.

Apparently there is a big announcement for the series in June, this may be the end but not really.

_hekk05

Banned
now it's starting to feel like a kdrama

*Cue main theme song chorus*

*Waifu runs away from husbando in slowmo*

*Tears dripping from her eyes*

*Husbando turns his head 45 degrees to the right and 45 degrees downwards, with a look of regret*

Now reading No game no life LN. MMmmmmmm. The translations are pretty terrible though

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking about the ladies I'd consider my waifus, and I think it's dawning on me that I have a "type". Hinata, Tenri, Tadokoro... I'm a fan of the shy girls with balls.

1/2 Prince 65
I'm hoping this drawn out finale will end soon. It sort of introduced some interesting concepts but this seems to be too long (partly because of the lengthy time between releases)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom