• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're getting married, also yes.

Apparently there is a big announcement for the series in June, this may be the end but not really.

Wow they finally went all the way. :O

Congrats to them then.

Kingdom

and another campaign has ended.

Ending wasn't bad at all especially since it wasn't the usual result plus Shin and his team has grown once again
(they know about Kyou Kai and are cool with it)

also after 243 fucking chapters
he and his squad finally uses official armor and actually looks like a squad

upandaway

Magi 222.5

yVBwKjo.jpg

It's... mystery text!

(i didn't read it)

Charade

It's... mystery text!

(i didn't read it)

Yeah, giant wall of text doesn't seem like the best way to reveal plot points...
Anyways, the major thing I got out of it was that it seemed to hint that David was the Al Sarmen's "father" (the final paragraph). I could just be reading it wrong though...didn't really process most of it

_hekk05

Banned
No Game No Life LN Vol 2 Chp 1

“--H-hey! Don’t look down on me just because I’m a virgin!! I know perfectly well that when a boy’s pocket monster goes in and out of a girl’s secret garden, the world will turn!!”

/dead

NadeNadeShikoShiko 20

A love rival appears.

ARAIDOKI 20

Haha, the washing demon can't clean.

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 21

Starting a training diet from the very basics. The very basics.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 20

Somehow she gained an underling.

In a Heartbeat 19

Intensifies.

Logick 17

I do want to see what he did now.

Oh God! Dear God! 02

And now she's suddenly a shinto priest.

upandaway

Yeah, giant wall of text doesn't seem like the best way to reveal plot points...
Anyways, the major thing I got out of it was that it seemed to hint that David was the Al Sarmen's "father" (the final paragraph). I could just be reading it wrong though...didn't really process most of it
You made me look at the final paragraph and I'm pretty sure he was talking about Sinbad there. Gyokuen called Sinbad the "First Class Singularity" before. That's all I could make out of it in any case.

edit: i mean in the sense of sinbad being similar/relevant, maybe not sinbad himself

lol, Shin gonna Shin.

And man, you're flying through this.

Shin gonna Shin indeed.

Yea got this free time plus i just cant stop reading because i'm digging the story and want to see how it plays out (the reason for my first long break was because i was up for way too long and needed to sleep lol)

7O3X 01

A series about becoming the next Quiz King.

I don't like the main character. Yes, I get this series is for him to become more confidence, stand out more, be less whiny about himself, but doesn't mean I enjoy reading through it.

The quiz was fun though so I guess I could stay for that.

Charade

You made me look at the final paragraph and I'm pretty sure he was talking about Sinbad there. Gyokuen called Sinbad the "First Class Singularity" before. That's all I could make out of it in any case.

Oh, forgot about that yeah. I was just taking the whole "when that time comes I'll become equal to god" thing, but that...hm. Interesting.
I feel like we need a cliffnotes version of this lol, I'm too lazy.

But seriously though, that page was ridiculous. I get she was trying to go with the whole "it's like you're actually reading from a holy text!" thing, but still....like the exact opposite of The Heart

Super Danganronpa Whatever Chapter This Is

Yeah, I have no idea what chapter is this on ComicWalker but anyway average chapter until the fun twist at the end of it. Which is pretty much on par with Danganronpa twists.

On a side note, looking at all the titles on the Japanese ComicWalker makes me envy when you compare it with the American ComicWalker.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
*for the T&A

I actually genuinely think that the action in early kenichi is pretty good. Now it's kinda turn into high octane bullshit.

Dr hitomi's infirmary 5

PS8bjWM.png

An exhibitionist who can control her own invisibility of not only herself, but her clothes.

Genius.

scy

I actually genuinely think that the action in early kenichi is pretty good. Now it's kinda turn into high octane bullshit.

That's true. Some of the early fights were just pretty cool.

I still like the over-the-top bullshit it does, though. Just kind of wish it was without the excessive fanservice it has now.

I still like the over-the-top bullshit it does, though. Just kind of wish it was without the excessive fanservice it has now.

Yeah it always had fanservice but last few arcs it went into overdrive .
Then again fanservice never bother me and now i used it as a comedy aspect of the manga lol .

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dr hitomi's Infirmary 7

"To all the breasts big and small, to all the girls of the world, I want to offer you my thanks and love."

- President of Breasts

savTZHi.jpg

Mortemis

Banned
So Wednesday gaf is coming early this week? I thought that new chapters come out early the week after the break like on saturdays, not the double issue week.

I miss Kenichi progressing. It feels like he hit a wall and him fighting Kojima shows that. All the master fights haven't been that good recently either.

Bleach spoilers

Apparently Imagination kid puts Kenpachi into Space which almost kills him but Kenpachi breaks out of it. The eye patch is off I believe and he might have a bankai. Will have to wait for translations.

upandaway

Magi 222.5 Paraphrased Edition

Y'know what I was getting curious, and Charade asked. Here's an honest try at translation. Here we go. Let's go. We're going. Numbered by paragraphs. Mentally add "probably" before every sentence so I don't have to write it (everything in this post could end up wrong, it also heavily depends on the quality of the Japanese translation). Also this is actually pretty dang important. I just wish it was an actual chapter because it deserves it. Anyway, go we go in go.
For the most important stuff, see 10 and 11.

Just so we're clear, this is all written by David, Solomon's father.

1. I lived for 800 years. My son [Solomon] is born, his birth was Destiny™

2. Destiny™, meaning the White Rukh's flow (or is it the other way around, haha)

3. I can see the where the Rukh's flow leads and intersects

4. There are other species with intellect to derive these things aside from me [referring to the Mother Dragon]. I noticed the birth of the Singularity™. The fact that it's me, a Magician [unlike the Mother Dragon], who noticed it, magicians being close to god and being able to use god's power. As the only magician who noticed, I'm feeling loneliness.

5. I cursed god for being the only one who could see the limits of the world [referring to the world running out of power as the Mother Dragon explained].

6. I realized my existence, and even the Singularities'™ existence, is all Destiny™. As part of that, I have a purpose.

7. As god's purpose is creation, and as I'm a magician who noticed [the Singularity™ and the end of the world], my purpose is the same as god's [obviously related to the fact that the world is ending].

8. Following this realization, I strived to extend my lifespan as far as possible, because magicians' magic is only limited by their lifespan. As I realized my true purpose, I also realized the Magician Country [as in, the current sovereign of the humans Solomon opposes] and controlling other species was not a goal in itself [the goal being creation].

9. Controlling the other species with the Gunud, the Orthodox and the "worthless" [<- important nuance] Agenda, were all means to the true goal. [here he's pretty clearly implying that he understands those things were "bad" and stigmatic, but nevertheless necessary for some kind of goal].

10. My son being born is also for the sake of this purpose of creating a new world [as is finally revealed, Solomon was born to create the world as the current world is ending, per David's prediction]. My son will defeat me as part of destiny [he recognizes that Solomon will oppose him because of the aforementioned "bad" things he did], and he will carry my purpose and advance the world to the next stage [referring to Solomon creating the current world that has Aladdin. Note that this isn't the true purpose, the new world's creation, yet, presumably because this world will also end].

11. My son isn't a singularity [meaning he won't create the "new world"] . He will understand my words but may not realize it [here meaning Solomon doesn't have the same level of wisdom as David in reference to the singularity's birth and the end of the world, as well as the true purpose of David, and the necessity of the bad things David did. But despite that, he will carry David's purpose. Because the current world is ending, Solomon has to create a new world to avoid it].
Afterwards [not sure what he means by "a long time", relative to what, but oh well], the True Singularity&#8482; will be [born] in the new world [that Solomon created]. That time at the end of destiny is the true Utopia&#8482; [meaning the destiny of the world ending every time is no more, and the world won't end due to running out of magoi], and I will become the a god, accomplishing my purpose that exceeds [the current] god [his purpose finally revealed, it means creating a world a world that won't naturally end].

Then the chapter ends with the symbol for Solomon's Wisdom meaning David was a good guy all along. Carrying from this, Al Tharmen's true purpose is the exact opposite of David's and Solomon's (not creating the utopia), and it has to do with the black rukh.
The True Singularity&#8482; may or may not be Sinbad, but the point is that it's in charge of doing what the Singularity of Solomon's world didn't do as it just disappeared instantly. Who knows what exactly.

Aizawa-san Zoushoku 05

These holes in the forest must be like Ranma 1/2's cursed springs.

Oh I just wonder what other kinds of Aizawa will pop up now!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kingdom

and another campaign has ended.

Ending wasn't bad at all especially since it wasn't the usual result plus Shin and his team has grown once again
(they know about Kyou Kai and are cool with it)

also after 243 fucking chapters
he and his squad finally uses official armor and actually looks like a squad

So the fact that you are speeding through this meaning that you are going through unbroken reading session for it and that means this manga is awesome.

Anyone who hasn't read KINGDOM yet, let this be a lesson to you to GO AND READ IT NOW!

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 594-622

A very, very interesting match for Itagaki. It was to be expected that Imai would adopt Ippo's outboxer crushing strategy, but for Itagaki to be able to infight half-decently was definitely a surprise. In a lot of ways Itagaki resembled Volg, as in he's naturally a fast but weak outboxer, but has to do infighting out of necessity, and while infighting, relies on constant pressure and combos to wear the opponent down. Sadly, Itagaki succumbed to the same lack of stamina as Volg did, he has no finishing technique like the White Fang combination, his style of infighting is even more makeshift than Volg's, and his defense of footwork and dodging was completely shut down by a few body blows. Itagaki is not sturdy enough to just block Imai's Ippo-level blows.

It was a real miracle that he won, one more down would have made him lose the match. It is good to still see that Itagaki's boxing saw a big evolution in this match after he was so tormented by his predictability only a week before, and he's actually enjoying infighting a whole lot despite his lack of big punches. That boxer's high he got makes him look a bit like a madman to be honest. Itagaki tends to smile a lot, but not this much

Charade

Magi 222.5 Paraphrased Edition

Oh wow. Thanks panda! That...all makes pretty good sense now. I had assumed David was the singularity of his world, but I guess he just "noticed" it like you said. And you said it disappeared instantly? Interesting...I wonder who (or what) it was.

As for the True Singularity&#8482;, the connection to Sinbad seems like the obvious choice. But him being called "First Class" seems to imply there are (or were, or will be) other candidates/singularities. But really who else could it be?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the implications of all of this. Almost sounds like we're babbling about crazy cult stuff :D

Oh wow. Thanks panda! That...all makes pretty good sense now. I had assumed David was the singularity of his world, but I guess he just "noticed" it like you said. And you said it disappeared instantly? Interesting...I wonder who (or what) it was.

As for the True Singularity™, the connection to Sinbad seems like the obvious choice. But him being called "First Class" seems to imply there are (or were, or will be) other candidates/singularities. But really who else could it be?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the implications of all of this. Almost sounds like we're babbling about crazy cult stuff :D

Aladdin maybe? He seems to be an anomaly, special in some way. Also, he is the main character. Alibaba could be another choice, but I don't see it. There doesn't seem any reason why Alibaba would have that attribute over Sinbad.

upandaway

Aladdin maybe? He seems to be an anomaly, special in some way. Also, he is the main character. Alibaba could be another choice, but I don't see it. There doesn't seem any reason why Alibaba would have that attribute over Sinbad.
Aladdin's out because he was born in Alma Toran, plus David says it's supposed to appear "after a long time" and Aladdin was born a long time ago.

Although who knows if Solomon is really going alone with what David predicted, even if we can see that David is aware of Aladdin or whatever it was

Conan-san

Depends where you live. But the LN stuff is available for both (though digitally its US only). Not sure about the manga, but digitally (aside from the recent squeenix stuff) its US only.
Oh look, I think my SAO Order just didn't happen. Oh well, still got the BTs.

Charade

Well if one thing's for certain, it's that panda is the True Singularity&#8482; of this thread. May mangaf become a true Utopia&#8482;.

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece spoilers
soo Doflamingo really had clone out of strings. And he is no joke after all, he is giving Luffy the heat. Trebol and Diamante also protecting the Factory, but Sabo now teaming up with Robin& Usopp could be good. Also if I saw this right the tontattas are able to grow devil fruits?

One Piece spoilers
soo Doflamingo really had clone out of strings. And he is no joke after all, he is giving Luffy the heat. Trebol and Diamante also protecting the Factory, but Sabo now teaming up with Robin& Usopp could be good. Also if I saw this right the tontattas are able to grow devil fruits?

Yeah bad news for Trebol and Diamante if Sabo is involved. His physical strength combined with ace's fruit, puts well over those guys I would say

wonzo

Banned
Ran and the Gray World 38.5

Hibi laying down the law for his love.
obama.png

Centaur's Worries 49-50

It's certainly, uh… fascinating how they go from the holocaust to an imaginary rpg complete with skimpy armour. This series.

Immortal Hounds 8

I've got a bad feeling about this. :(

Kingdom 365-369

rip shitty lil bro i guess

nozo x kimi 19

yah i know this is going on hiatus till next month but i'm done with this garbage series anyway
camby.png

Rhapsody

Banned
Wagatsuma-san 78

Same old stuff. Would like to see more of the other girls again, but I guess it's going to just focus on Wagatsuma for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom