• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Oh look, I think my SAO Order just didn't happen. Oh well, still got the BTs.

Yeah. I was pretty annoyed when Amazon wouldn't sell me the yen press version of Spice and Wolf on kindle because I was not from the US.

Its just like with Viz and Funimation. They don't even offer their apps on non US stores.

CoolS

Before: Reading Kingdom from chp 1 to 369

"Hells yeah!!!"

Now: Waiting for Kingdom

ZZzzzzzzzzz

What have I done?

At least we still get several chapters a week. That will be over soon and then its a weekly wait for ONE!!!! And I hope you guys read the turnip farmer scanlation instead of the enw crappy one.

wonzo

Banned
Professor Munakata 7
profmunakata7.png

Deadly ancient spiders getting ready for another unsuspecting sacrifice? Badass Motherfucker Professor Munakata doesn't give a FUCK!

7 Seeds 132-133
lmao

Hi Score Girl 9

_hekk05

Banned
Hi Score Girl 9

Did you miss my massive Hi Score Girl leak ytd? If you did, its best for your sanity if you don't go looking for it.

Koe no Katachi 35

Ohnoes I spilled some water on sensei~~~

I got bored and found out Clockwork Planet had a LN, so Imma go read that.

Charade

Gunjo 1-11

The story of a woman who asks the lesbian who is in love with her to kill her husband and live their life on the road after the deed is done.

I've been wanting to start this one for a while, but the lack of updates was discouraging. Now that it has a new release, I felt like it was finally a good time to start. And it’s damn good. To add to the description above, the woman who had her husband killed doesn’t really love the lesbian girl back. So that unrequited love is kinda the crux of a lot of the conflict going forward. The art can be a little wonky at times, but it’s also stylish, detailed, and can convey a lot of emotion, especially at intense moments (which there's no lack of). Very heavy read, often incredibly sad, but engrossing nonetheless.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 623-656

This was definitely not my favorite match. Combine Aoki and Kobashi's trickery with Date's experience and you got Take Keiichi, one massively annoying opponent. His mind games in the beginning round got under my skin because he was capitalizing on Ippo's good, honest nature, but the ways he messed with Ippo afterwards were a bit better because he was simply utilizing strategies that Ippo doesn't have experience against, namely southpaw and infight from clinch range.

Once Ippo figured out how to deal with these awkward positions, it turned into a very dull slugfest. The one remarkable thing during this was that Ippo might've finally met a man whose willpower pushes him way further past his body's limits than Ippo's ever has.

Take wasn't going to fucking go down unless something killed him. And Ippo almost did. Take can thank the heavens for his strong instincts while unconscious, because if he hadn't rushed in that moment when Ippo was preparing his Dempsey Roll, there would have been 1 new orphan and a widow. There hasn't been a fight where one of the show's characters was this close to killing a man since Miyata's fight with Medgern Dachboy, in my opinion. I can't imagine how that'd make Ippo feel.

Takamura praising Take for not going for Ippo's cut was really weird and somewhat inconsistent. He had completely different feelings during the David Eagle fight, he felt that attitude condescending back then.

Itagaki being tsundere after his fight
lUsU7kV.jpg
The fanfics write themselves

GATTSU DE GATTSUN GATTSUN DA!

bigkrev

One Piece vol 45

New ship looks nice, but i'm really worried this "Haki" thing they are starting to mention is going to be yet another stupid thing you need a wiki open to keep track of. :/

Tacitus_

One Piece vol 45

New ship looks nice, but i'm really worried this "Haki" thing they are starting to mention is going to be yet another stupid thing you need a wiki open to keep track of. :/

It's fairly straightforward. If you can use it, you get more awesome in combat (can tell where blows will come from, hit more heavily - and hit logia users, amp up your defense). If you're destined for extreme badassery, you also get the conquerors haki.

Red Blood Red Legacy 2
Pretty phenomenal scarf abilities and even being of vampire origins?

Though the cover for the series seemed to make it seem like it could be ecchi, the really close brothers (Hayato and Itsuki) is actually pretty surprising to see, though one panel zooming in on their faces being really close was pretty pleasing. I hope they continue to be this pretty close duo.

Conan-san

Yeah. I was pretty annoyed when Amazon wouldn't sell me the yen press version of Spice and Wolf on kindle because I was not from the US.

Its just like with Viz and Funimation. They don't even offer their apps on non US stores.
Still there's "Ways" to get those versions. All it does is prevent them for them getting my money and makes me resent them.

It does them no good to fuck around like this.

Jintor

Ayame to Amane

Is Dowman sayman physically incapable of making stuff that isn't totally whack? Not that I really mind, but...

Quasar

Still there's "Ways" to get those versions. All it does is prevent them for them getting my money and makes me resent them.

It does them no good to fuck around like this.

Oh of course. So bloody annoying. Especially since I'd like the support creators I like and see this stuff available more easily in the west.

This also reminds me of another rant I had earlier. So Yen just announced they got the rights to the Index novels. There's currently 22 in the first story and already 9 in the sequel series. And Yen does what 2-3 volumes a year in a series? So its going to take them 10 years to get to where we are now, and where the fan translations are now? And thats assuming they don't just abandon the whole thing a few years from now?

Its pretty hard for me to even bother with it at all.

Akito

A Girl by the Sea v1
I had to give this a reread cause it was such a long time ago and man, all dem feels are still there, no one does teenage suffering better than Asano.
No not even Shuzo Oshimi.

Greetings MangaGAF

welcome to your weekly reminder from me that the One Week Friends anime is incredibly good and adorable and the best thing in the world

you should read the manga and watch the anime

don't do it for me...

do it for Kaori

Conan-san

Oh of course. So bloody annoying. Especially since I'd like the support creators I like and see this stuff available more easily in the west.

This also reminds me of another rant I had earlier. So Yen just announced they got the rights to the Index novels. There's currently 22 in the first story and already 9 in the sequel series. And Yen does what 2-3 volumes a year in a series? So its going to take them 10 years to get to where we are now, and where the fan translations are now? And thats assuming they don't just abandon the whole thing a few years from now?

To be fair I could only stomach Railgun but I can see why that would be an arse.

I mean there's a reason I didn't get rid of my BT Versions of SAO, given that there's every change they'll bollocks up the release (Edit scenes, only realease x many, pull this region lock bullshit, etc).

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 668-701

Mashiba vs Sawamura

Love these robes
mbMD4q4.jpg

Lpvsnlk.gif

This was basically a match between 2 god damn super villains. The role of the heel was constantly getting flipped around with foul play as the fight went on and there was no shortage of either high level tactical play nor devastating exchanges.

I want this shit animated NOW

Sawamura had some rather unexpected character growth development too. I did not expect him to start idolizing Ippo this much. Thought he'd be way more bitter about his loss, but nope, Ippo apparently slapped some sense into him.

The match was really, really gruesome, but I felt like there actually was a silver lining there for Sawamura.
YPgLrqt.jpg

Goddamnit!!!

The fan translations are to the current Vol and that includes all the side stories also .
I stop buying light novels and manga because i get burn so much times doing it , sometimes they take forever to come over or they get cancel it fucking annoying and a waste of fucking money .
Guess i should catch up on NT before it gets taken down .

Rhapsody

Banned
Greetings MangaGAF

welcome to your weekly reminder from me that the One Week Friends anime is incredibly good and adorable and the best thing in the world

you should read the manga and watch the anime

don't do it for me...

do it for Kaori
I just started watching it. I'm liking the anime a lot, so I won't be touching the manga until after the season is over.

Quasar

Why would you wait that long, then you might be stuck with only omnibus thick releases.

I thought they said Index was a highly requested title, so I doubt it will become a series that theyd drop due to no buyers...

It might be, but 10+ years is a bloody long time for it to stay popular and for them to continue to publish it all and keep it all in print.

Why would you wait that long, then you might be stuck with only omnibus thick releases.

I thought they said Index was a highly requested title, so I doubt it will become a series that theyd drop due to no buyers...

Because at there rate they go it going to take 10 years for them to get to current vol and by then who knows how much more Vols going to be out or what going to happen to them.
The author of index goes at good pace , Index started in 2004 and since then there have been 34 Vols if you include the sequel .
So that is 3 to 4 vols a year that comes out in Japan and they behind by 34 vols already better just to learn Japanese it would be faster lol .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom