• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if one thing's for certain, it's that panda is the True Singularity™ of this thread. May mangaf become a true Utopia™.

Trademarking everything I see.

Ayame to Amane

Is Dowman sayman physically incapable of making stuff that isn't totally whack? Not that I really mind, but...

Well his Phantom Brave adaptation is pretty grounded. Maybe being restricted to a base story constricts his whackiness.

Yeah. I did not like it, and it felt really cheap.

But it made sense.
Alphonse lost his brother and his leg but obtained the "knowledge" in exchange. So due to the Law of Equivalent Exchange the reverse would be possible, that would be Al giving up the "knowledge" obtained in exchange for his brother. The solution for their problem and objective of their quest was actually that simple.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
the final battle was cheap and rushed

the post aftermath was okay

Eh, I thought it was pretty well done as the climatic battle.

The "Congrats, you've beaten Truth. Take it all." WAS cheap. Still, one blemish for an otherwise great series is passable.

Err, what? I think the take it all thing was... allegorical. He still lost his ability to do instant alchemy in exchange for getting the "truth" that his brother was worth more than that.

Akito

I don't hate FMA's conclusion but the finale was a little too "shounen" for me, "god" was awaken, everyone except the main fighters died and then were resurrected after the the final battle I dunno.

Seeing as there are already OP, Bleach, Naruto Raws

likely a Toriko Raw exist

too bad I will contain myself from reading it... need at least one surprise chapter

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't hate FMA's conclusion but the finale was a little too "shounen" for me, "god" was awaken, everyone except the main fighters died and then were resurrected after the the final battle I dunno.

I mean, it was part of the bad guy's plan, to absorb everyone into a huge ass homonuculus. Also the other guy's plan is to stop the bad guy's plan. That whole thing I thought was developed super well, seeing that most of story is the main group trying to reveal the mysteries of what the homonuculus' and hohenheim's agendas are. The finale was just a conclusion to those mysteries.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At the time a lot of people were salty that FMA didn't end with either Ed or Al dying because of weird reader bloodlust.

bigkrev

I remember watching the first FMA anime and thought the ending was kinda great

I like you

The only thing I didn't like was that Mustang got his vision back in the end.

The raws of Bleach
There´s absolutely nothing that can stop Kenpachi.
But it made sense.
Alphonse lost his brother and his leg but obtained the "knowledge" in exchange. So due to the Law of Equivalent Exchange the reverse would be possible, that would be Al giving up the "knowledge" obtained in exchange for his brother. The solution for their problem and objective of their quest was actually that simple.

It did make somewhat sense, but i thought it was a cheap power up. I still don´t think that gaining his brother and a body part and losing his alchemy was equivalent exchange. I thought the price was cheap for getting his brother back.

Rhapsody

Banned
The ending was definitely safe, but that's why I liked it. I did like how things wrapped up regarding Ed and Al too.
should I read FMA

If you like shounen manga, yes. A lot of the story was planned from the start which makes the series good.

Tacitus_

Err, what? I think the take it all thing was... allegorical. He still lost his ability to do instant alchemy in exchange for getting the "truth" that his brother was worth more than that.

That's what my localization says! Translating it to english (pg 128-129 of v27):
"You won't need alchemy any more?"
'Nah, I've got loads of people looking after me!'
"That's the right answer, alchemist. You have beaten the Truth. Take it all. It's yours. The exit... is... there"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
should I read FMA

You haven't read FMA?

379ch.gif

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 705-711

So Morikawa's outright saying that Ippo and Miyata will not fight each other before the series is about to end, and when their match is over, Ippo might lose his passion for boxing?

Man, that did not put me in a cheerful mood in the slightest.

Angry Grimace

Soma 67

I like how Erina's two-speech bubbles are obviously indicative of a predictable character arc: she's a bitchy tsundere because she's obligated to be as a result of being in the main Nakiri family.

It did make somewhat sense, but i thought it was a cheap power up. I still don´t think that gaining his brother and a body part and losing his alchemy was equivalent exchange. I thought the price was cheap for getting his brother back.

Thats the interesting thing about some opinions about the ending. People attach different prices for things around them, value changes according to each person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom