• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
rwGPoJZ.jpg

Momi-Baraishi 1

I feel like I just finished reading something incredibly stupid.

And yet, the cute girl in the hat makes me want to continue on.

Lain

Well, about time.
Is it rule 34 or just comedy doujinshi?

Rule 34, obviously! Though some of it could be seen as comedy. I mean, I'm still laughing thinking about the pants Joel gives her.

----

Ao no Binetsu Vol 1
YQH.jpg

My little experience is that if a Japanese work has the word blue in the title, 8 times out of ten it's not going to be a nice story.
Here we have Mana, a 15 years old girl that has a really nice smile. She's been getting raped by her brother since she was 13 yearls old and no one ever noticed. I say brother because he's not her real brother. She's been adopted into his family after her mother and father died.

Enter Akihiro, a Tokyo guy that just transferred on the island Mana lives and as soon as he saw her smiles, he fell in love with her.
As soon as he finds out they are in the same class at school, he confesses to her and, after a little bit of resistance from Mana (I'm really, really dirty) they get together.

Now, the word blue is in the title, so obviously after they get together Mana ends up raped by her brother in her own room while the boyfriend is on the other side of the door. She even gets raped in front of her boyfriend during a festival and the whole thing gets seen by the brother's childhood friend Ayano, who's had a crush on Kakeru (this is the brother's name) for a long while.

At this point you'd expect the whole thing coming to light and something be done to help Mana, but that's not how things go. Instead Kakeru tells Ayano to keep the thing secret and in exchange he'll give her what she wants, himself. Ayano gladly accepts because she's always loved him (who cares you were raping your adopted sister!) and she goes one step further, she accepts to do him a favor: kiss Akihiro in front of his classmates to give him a bad rep.
The plan succeeds so well that not only everyone thinks Akihiro cheated on Mana, but that he tried to rape Ayano because when Kakeru was raping Mana in front of Akihiro, he pushed Akihiro away making him hit his head and when Ayano went to look for help, she looked scared, so obviously the explanation was that Ayano pushed Akihiro away when he tried to rape her (and the day after she kissed a wannabe rapist in front of everyone because? Ah, stupidity can be funny!).
Naturally Akihiro can't say anything but he's a pretty cool dude, he manages to talk it over with Mana, who had already pushed him under the bus until she learned that he had asked her twin brothers to always stay with her (so Kakeru couldn't put his hands on her) and the two decide to run away to Tokyo.

My recount is kinda shitty. The story is a little bit more interesting than I'm simplifying though it's still full of bad situations and bad people. All this to say, beware of any Japanese work when you read Blue in the title.

Toriko 262 - 274

Caught up in english shonen jump, not a bad read and this arc post anime is not bad at all. The marriage just came out of nowhere and I cant believe their actually going through with it.

For other things I like how the gourmet world is potentially shaping up, creative creatures (Torpedo Sausage) for example and the waves of nature being dangerous,

Bungo Stray Dogs 02

Entrance exam chapter. Pretty average though I do like the paper guy's power.

I like the main character's determination too.

Assassination Classroom 86
Great near conclusion of this arc. Karma kun swinging in was hilarious and then Terasaka's incredibly cool line and taking over of Itona (I think I imagined this situation coming to pass), is good. Itona's past and V scene is most memorable.

Mortemis

Banned
Magi

Dat wall of text. I literally clicked on the next page and went nope. Thankfully panda summarized the good parts.

Also, a little off-topic but I'm watching bakemonogatari and then I see this. I'm losing my shit here guys. lmao

Kingdom 246 - 261

Another badass has joined the fray and honestly it was about fucking time (go Ten go).

Also found out Riboku is truly hella broken and congrats to Sei and his kid.

A Storm is brewing indeed. :O

Mortemis

Banned
Kingdom 246 - 261

Another badass has joined the fray and honestly it was about fucking time (go Ten go).

Also found out Riboku is truly hella broken and congrats to Sei and his kid.

A Storm is brewing indeed. :O

Wow, you're reading this around the same pace I did. Anyways a storm is indeed brewing, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. :)

Toriko 262 - 274

Caught up in english shonen jump, not a bad read and this arc post anime is not bad at all. The marriage just came out of nowhere and I cant believe their actually going through with it.

For other things I like how the gourmet world is potentially shaping up, creative creatures (Torpedo Sausage) for example and the waves of nature being dangerous,
Yes DTL has joined our alliance

The Toriko council grows stronger by the night

Had to stop and add this

Kingdom 265

And what a storm it is :O

Holy fucking shit Riboku.

Its funny his assistant gave that hint to Ten but i never expected he would go all out like this.

this should be fun :)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Reading KINGDOM truly gave me a mind-blown in the sense that, holy hell, at some point in the history real people were involved in something this massive.

The scale of the war for the Qin invasion arc is so immense I just couldn't think what were thoughts of those who actually participated in the real war... just damn.

upandaway

I think I've hit some kind of wall of boredom. I tried two different games I wanted to replay, both for like ~3 hours, and couldn't feel it, and then I tried starting a manga from the wishlist but I'm too distracted because I'm not doing the things I told myself I'd do today. My F5 key is at its limit, help.

Hayate

Haha that was amazing. That fish was super creepy! Holy crap! It looks like something out of those insane obscure Japanese PS1 games.

Magi

Dat wall of text. I literally clicked on the next page and went nope. Thankfully panda summarized the good parts.
Summaries are supposed to have less text, not more :lol but actually making sense out of it was more fun than I expected, because the text really was interesting.

I think I've hit some kind of wall of boredom. I tried two different games I wanted to replay, both for like ~3 hours, and couldn't feel it, and then I tried starting a manga from the wishlist but I'm too distracted because I'm not doing the things I told myself I'd do today. My F5 key is at its limit, help.

Watch some animu.

Charade

Summaries are supposed to have less text, not more :lol but actually making sense out of it was more fun than I expected, because the text really was interesting.

Well not only did you summarize it, you brought it all together (all the brackets). So you definitely went above and beyond even what was in the original text by making those connections, which were really helpful. Just think, most people (like us originally) probably didn't bother to read it. It's like we have inside information or something now :D

upandaway

Watch some animu.
I'd do it (and I did it for the past couple of days) but most new episodes come out around the weekend. I ran out!

Well not only did you summarize it, you brought it all together (all the brackets). So you definitely went above and beyond even what was in the original text by making those connections, which were really helpful. Just think, most people (like us originally) didn't bother to read it. It's like we have inside information or something now :D
It definitely didn't seem like something people are supposed to do, so it's probably best to treat it as speculation based on hints from the manga. The fact it's a side chapter supports this too. She probably just meant this to be an incomprehensible wall of text to be expanded upon later (or be nulled by Solomon acting differently or something). Who knows if it's even correct anyways.

I'd do it (and I did it for the past couple of days) but most new episodes come out around the weekend. I ran out!

Watch old things, watch new things, there are many things to watch.

Hell today, I was just watched 4 episodes of 4 different shows and I still have two more to go.

Watching stuff requires paying attention, though.

Shounen show: HOT BLOODED SCREAMING

Shoujo show: EMOTIONS

Cute girl doing cute things show: CUTE THINGS

Anime isn't all that original, you can just guess half the time.

Of course, if it is a SHAFT show, then you should never stop paying attention.

up should watch Boondocks and Adventure Time.

You know what? Everyone should watch Boondocks and Adventure Time now that the new seasons have begun.

upandaway

Watch some animu that you didnt. Have you seen Yamato 2199 (GAF AOTY 2013) or Gundam Build Fighters?
Maybe I'm super silly and weird but it takes me significant mental preparation to start watching/reading something that already ended. If I try to start without being ready for it like a week ahead, I just feel like I'm rushing it. Watching/reading things as they come out is as easy as a whimsical click, however.

that yamato thing was a tiny bit weird sorry, don't tell them i don't want to be bullied

Maybe I'm super silly and weird but it takes me significant mental preparation to start watching/reading something that already ended. If I try to start without being ready for it like a week ahead, I just feel like I'm rushing it. Watching/reading things as they come out is as easy as a whimsical click, however.

that yamato thing was a tiny bit weird sorry, don't tell them i don't want to be bullied

I get what you are saying. I have some old series to start to watch and others that I have to resume.

One day I will watch all LOGH.
moar than 100 episodes, god help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom