• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

anyone can recommend me a romance manga that gives me a warm, happy, fluffy feeling

i need something to cheer me up ;x

Edit: something like,, uh i forget the title but basically his brother buys him weird shit that he has to keep and then he met a girl

Bonnouji is that so maybe Itou-san? Same author and all.

Would probably still be better than whatever the real plot of Kingdom Hearts 3 will be.

I'd agree but I don't remember the story anyway.

survivor

Banned
anyone can recommend me a romance manga that gives me a warm, happy, fluffy feeling

Edit: something like,, uh i forget the title but basically his brother buys him weird shit that he has to keep and then he met a girl
Cirque Arachne
Atashi no Banbi

Maybe after The Dragon's Seven Adorable Children is done. So only a couple more years.

Oh someone picked that one up? Time to check it out.

That Japanese website that ranks the best covers of the year updated its list for 2013

Some of the ones that I like

I should probably look for higher res versions of them.

bl manga get no represenation?

I liked this one, Ousamatachi no Viking, he has great character design.
201311110118472b8.jpg

Kono Onee-san wa Fiction desu!?
A Method to Make a Gentle World

Akito

GTO
Urumi vs. Miyabi was a lot of fuss about nothing. Urumi is a really fun but my god, get a grip girl. As for Miyabi... I want to withhold my judgment until it's fully revealed what happened to her in the past. I doubt I'll become her biggest fan though in any case.

Shouta

Nanatsu no Taizai 67 - The manga needs to come out faster. This current arc is getting crazy and I want to know what happens next. >=(

AKB49 171 - finally puts that card on the table as an option for Minori though he seems to not want to do it. They're taking some serious gambles to make the live broadcast a success though.

scy

It keeps getting brought up in the story but, yeah, it doesn't really feel like it's moving any closer.

Though, his (...her?) harem keeps growing...

Quixzlizx

Onodera's mother is a better character than Onodera.

Marika is too devious to be best girl.

Chitoge is Tsundere. And the best looking. And real promise girl.

Tsugumi has the biggest chest apparently.

Therefore correct order is Chitoge > Tsugumi > Onodera's mother > Onodera = Marika.

Chapter 43 now btw.

I like Marika the best simply because she's not a coward. Haru's also making a spectacular comeback from worst girl. Onodera and Chitoge haven't done anything in forever, although Onodera continues to be the feature of worthless chapters. Chitoge had by far the most development over the first 50 chapters, and she was the only one who was able to budge Raku off of "generic DB protagonist" for even short amounts of time, so it's too bad she's disappeared.

upandaway

The Nisekois are all so dedicated to their niche that liking one of them is identical to liking the trope they're representing. You might as well just be discussing that instead.

I like Marika the best simply because she's not a coward. Haru's also making a spectacular comeback from worst girl. Onodera and Chitoge haven't done anything in forever, although Onodera continues to be the feature of worthless chapters. Chitoge had by far the most development over the first 50 chapters, and she was the only one who was able to budge Raku off of "generic DB protagonist" for even short amounts of time, so it's too bad she's disappeared.

Marika is the bad kind of devious. Horo is the good kind. Very different characters my friend.

I'm on chapter 53 now, and have head that Chitoge doesn't really feature hugely in the more recent chapters, but I like to think that true best girl will prevail and return.

Onodera has basically been reduced to friend zone. Marika hasn't a hope in hell. Tsugumi, while awesome, is just not going to win in the end. I haven't gotten to Haru yet, but from what I hear she still isn't winning girl material.

They did so much work with Chitoge too. Doesn't seem like, if one is picked, it would be anyone but her.

Wiseblade

Jump International

No World Trigger this week? A shame. Stealth Symphony was uninteresting, Naruto was depressing and I decided to preserve my sanity by skipping Bleach and Nisekoi. AYNIK was tolerable, One Piece was good and One-Punch Man was great. But the quality is getting drowned out by a sea of crap.

scy

cue dramatic music

She'd be better if she actually mixed up the group dynamic, like a Cheryl Blossom is supposed to.

I really don't think anything would do that, unfortunately. Maybe if we had more full-fledged arcs and less one-of chapter stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom