• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, just reading impressions of koe no kotachi makes me unable to pick it up. Just hits too close to home.

It's one of the best drama manga currently being serialized. I can't see how this won't get an anime once a few more chapters come out. It's also supported by the Japanese Federation for the Deaf. Read it.

The end of TSF monogatari append.

1375735945_black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

Lain

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! - I'm Unpopular, So I'm Getting Killed! by Uziga Waita

You mean to tell me that Uziga not only published something new but it's also a goddamn Watamote doujin? And no one ITT told me about this??? smh gurogaf

I wanted to tell you, but I found about it some hours ago and haven't read it yet!

survivor

Banned
More or less than reading Kousha no Ura ni wa Tenshi ga Umerarete Iru?

lmao this manga is hilarious, at one point writing asshole characters just crosses the line into cartoony over the top bastards

edit: nvm, just saw the ending of chapter 3, the fucker who wrote this needs help

Koe no Katachi is amazing. The first like 5 chapters are brutal to read but once you get to the current time the rage will subside quite a bit (though that's the point). Ueno is probably one of the better characters I've seen in a manga.

It and Magi are probably the only ones I'm currently reading right now that I would really consider good. I should probably find some better stuff to read lol

Lain

lmao this manga is hilarious, at one point writing asshole characters just crosses the line into cartoony over the top bastards

edit: nvm, just saw the ending of chapter 3, the fucker who wrote this needs help

Chapter 3 end did me in. The whole building up, for the whole chapter and then, that ending. Felt like I was being beaten with a baseball bat.

Illegal Rare 01

Yeah, this art is very grimdark and probably completely doomed in Jump now.

Eh, it's ok so far. The supporting cast could be interesting I guess?

scy

Hajiotsu 6.5 - Idiot couple is still adorable.

Edit: Illegal Rare could maybe stand a chance if it does something interesting soon. Probably.

...eh, probably not.

kasane

I like how fukumen looks tho

And i wish this goes on till there are flashbacks of the singing girl or some shit

Hajiotsu 6.5 - Idiot couple is still adorable.

Edit: Illegal Rare could maybe stand a chance if it does something interesting soon. Probably.

...eh, probably not.

the art is too dark for jump

scy

I guess. I don't really follow cancellations too much so I dunno if that's really enough for it to get the axe.

kasane

Nipponese

Edit: should i finish tsubasa? I got totally mindfucked and stopped reading

Im not even sure if the mind fuck was in a good way

scy

Smutterfly Effect, caught up to 13 - So I guess we're going to end up with the MC pairing up with Yoshino in the end? Like, that route is starting to make more and more sense. They pair better that way (and the friend with library girl) too. I feel bad for ... whatever her name is but only a little.

If I had to guess the whole plot:
College boyfriend knocks her up -> botched abortion to hide their dating -> Kazuya is pretty shitty with her too -> she kills herself -> best friend kills him for this. Basically the tale of Yoshino's shitty dating life

Nipponese

Edit: should i finish tsubasa? I got totally mindfucked and stopped reading

Im not even sure if the mind fuck was in a good way

Sure why not. Then you'll think everyone is a clone.

Or read xxxHolic. It's somehow more grounded.

Well psyren had a decent ending

Did it get axed?

Edit: also didnt the mc end up with the glasses girl

It pretty much got axed and the mangaka had to rush through to get to some ending.

kasane

Yeah i remember they had some time and spcae training shit like dbz to powerup and beat the final boss

Im not even sure if thats how it ended

Korosenai

Is it One Piece time yet?

yep, spoilers are out.

Batdan was right.

Toy Soldier is Kyros.

It's also just basically another Usopp/Robin/Tontatta chapter.

Also, I found this funny:

"One Piece 739 Trivia: In a Shonen Jump question asking “If you could be any manga character, who would you be?” Oda said he would want to be Nico Robin so that he could “sprout hands and draw manga twenty times as fast”".

Nordicus

Koe no Katachi 27

Koe no Katachi is amazing. The first like 5 chapters are brutal to read but once you get to the current time the rage will subside quite a bit (though that's the point). Ueno is probably one of the better characters I've seen in a manga

Agreed... BUT I'M FILLED WITH SEETHING RAGE AGAIN BECAUSE FUCK UENO!

p9dzyld.png

Naruto

Ok, even more obvious how Naruto will stop Madara. Obito sucked out part of the 8 tail and 1 tail chakra. Naruto should still have the others maybe.

More tug of war...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom