• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Nine Schools Competition Arc 4

That was how I always imagined Miyuki's ice to be when her emotions go, but everything else was perfectly adapting. I think its much too fast though or either the novelization made it feel so much more phenomenal, flying type magic looks great.

Malvingt2

Magi news

So; Apparently, Ohtaka said on websunday.net, along with the release of the new volume cover,
that some characters are going to die soon

http://azurempress.tumblr.com/post/77822911043/cielless-otaka-said-some-of-the-existing

also the cover

212.gif

Bleach

Good conclusion to the last three, Rukia becoming Sode no Shirayuki was the best development for a character this arc thus far.

Not looking forward to the next fight, invisible enemy combined with one of the more annoying characters doesnt make for good material.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Magi news

So; Apparently, Ohtaka said on websunday.net, along with the release of the new volume cover,

So long kougyoku, we hardly knew ye.

Seriously though, if it's kougyoku I'm going to be pissed. Unless she pulls it off well, in which case I'll just be slightly miffed.

daveo42

Banned
Bleach

Rukia's bankai is sweet, but I forsee her having tons of issues if it doesn't instantly kill her opponent when she uses it. Seems to put even more strain on her body. Also, Kubo introduces the Silence from Doctor Who this week.

Naruto

Setup for next week with next to no progression. At least Obito and Naruto are together to revive him. That's something.

Most likely
Naruto's coming back and Guy is going to die next week.

One Piece

Another solid chapter and a good bit of feels getting us ready for Solider-san to drop the hammer and Usopp taking out Sugar. I'm pretty sure that once Sugar goes down that the rest of the fights will start. It seems like almost everything seems to hinge on that moment happening and I'm not sure how much longer Oda is going to hold it.

Could we have an arc where Luffy actually doesn't take down the big bad? Seems like it'd be fitting if Kyros was the one to take him out.
pipe dream

Haikyuu!! 96 - 97

Summer training arc meat fest conclusion was great. The final chapter did have pages that did make it feel as if it was just satisfying the page count limit but I cant ever complain about more pages for Oikawa, and all the other teams that we need to be hyped about. Shiratorizawa needs to have good members hopefully as memorable as Aobajosai, Fukurodani, and Nekoma.
BhaKaYjCIAEhwna.png

Ill miss all the Kuroo Tsukki Bokuto, and Kenma Hinata stuff as well as the other joke moments all around.

Naruto

Can't wait for Guy sensei to activate the gate of death next week
then job/die worse then a Bleach character

Bleach

Rukia's bankai is awesome and the V looks pretty cool too, kenpachi's v-captain is the bankai I most want to see in the series

One Piece

More tasty set up, we just need all the fights to start already.

Kyuur

Magi news

Uh oh. This conference is going to end in a bloodbath.

Bleach

Can we have actual fighting back please Kishi. Rukia's bankai is essentially "I'm going to freeze you!" but this time "It's a HUGE radius! And I get hit to! And it's more effective!". Yachiru was the best part of this chapter.

Naruto

We really didn't need another flashback to them. If Kakashi doesn't die by the time they get back, I want a cool fight using both Obito and his eyes (Naruto can be in there too). Time to see Gai go all out hopefully!

One Piece

Kind of a meh chapter. Ussop and Robin need to do something already. Preferred the idea that Rebecca had vs Toy Soldier being Kyros.

One Piece

Well, my mind has been blown. Things are falling into place.

Bleach

Wait, so Kenpachi is dead? I hope it isnt so, probably the most badass character on Bleach. Oh and Rukia looks damn cool. Gotta hand it to Kubo, he can draw some really nice character designs.

Naruto

Ehhhhhh, ok.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wait, what does Rukia's bankai do? Also, I totally want to see a Yachiru fight.

Bleach

Wait, so Kenpachi is dead? I hope it isnt so, probably the most badass character on Bleach. Oh and Rukia looks damn cool. Gotta hand it to Kubo, he can draw some really nice character designs.

What? No, he's not dead. He just like got Bankai (like 50 chapters ago, but that was the last time we saw him).

Dynedom

Kougyoku did nothing wrong. T_T

Seriously though in light of this news, the previous chapters are now obviously littered with death flags for her.

There seems to be
a setup for a war to be instigated between Sindria and Kou
based on
Kogyouku's possible assassination. The fact that she is under Sinbad's mind control isn't going to help Sindria's case and her pure motives make her an easy target.

Dresden

So long kougyoku, we hardly knew ye.

Seriously though, if it's kougyoku I'm going to be pissed. Unless she pulls it off well, in which case I'll just be slightly miffed.

It'll probably be someone more minor, like one of the thousand Kou siblings, the Fanalis general guy, or the Only Brown Guy In The Magic Academy.

Or Mor.

Just not Kougyouku pls ;_;

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
One Piece

Someone in the thread the other day called that Toy Solider was Kyros. They deserve brownie points.

he he it was me

One Piece [anime he he]

So this was the episode with the Kyros statue, and Rebecca was talking about how no one's ever seen him or remembers him, not even the elders, they just know about him because of the statue. And suddenly that makes perfect sense, having the rest of the arc behind us now: he got turned into a toy. :eek:

Depending on the timeline, he might even be the Toy Soldier / Rebecca's father :O

Dynedom

It'll probably be someone more minor, like one of the thousand Kou siblings, the Fanalis general guy, or the Only Brown Guy In The Magic Academy.

Or Mor.

Mor finally confesses to Alibaba, they kiss and she is promptly killed by a mind-posessed Kouyoku, who is in turn reluctantly killed by Alibaba.

The ManGAF tears promptly shut down the servers.

Illegal Rare

The first part with Axl wandering around aimlessly was kind of meh, but once the story got serious in the silent chamber I enjoyed it pretty much. Will keep reading though expecting it to be axe'd

scy

Mor finally confesses to Alibaba, they kiss and she is promptly killed by a mind-posessed Kouyoku, who is in turn reluctantly killed by Alibaba.

When did Magi become an Akame chapter?!

Wait, what does Rukia's bankai do? Also, I totally want to see a Yachiru fight.

What? No, he's not dead. He just like got Bankai (like 50 chapters ago, but that was the last time we saw him).

Oh yeah, you're right, my bad. My last memory of Kenpachi was him facing Juha Bach whilst holding 3 of Juha's general. I think I should re-read this arc, my memory with Bleach has been fuzzy as of late.

Toriko

Everyone became fabulous

Bleach

Majestic Bankai

Naruto
Bit by Bit the new sage of sixth path will be awoken

One Piece
Interesting development with soldier

Naruto

You know i wanted Gai to die because i wanted to see Rock Lee develops like what happened to Shikamaru and Naruto when they lost Jiryai and Asuma. But now since we barely have seen Rock Lee i don´t want Gai to die for practically nothing.

Bleach

I wanted to see the damned technique. I got nothing. Yachiru won´t fight it is just an epilogue for Kenpachi´s arrival i think. She was injured, i foresee Kenpachi coming and Ripping V into shreds.
Bleach

Yachiru fight coming up?

*mybodyisready.gif*

I hope so but i highly doubt it.

one piece

Oh lol. Show me the Colosseum fight, instead of giving me this crap.

Toriko

Hahahahha oh wow.

Raxus

Naruto

Calling it now. As soon as Guy is about to activate Gate 8 Lee steps in and does it and also manages to live through it.
That way Lee will have something to do this fight ;_;
. Meanwhile, Sasuke is still dying and I am grinning like an idiot. Where is this all going on relative to the battlefield? How have they not run into one another?

Bleach

Ok chapter, I liked Rukia's Bankai form. It is also nice she 'won' the fight but I really wish she didn't need a TnJ from her bro-in law.

One Piece

Neat reveal on top of Kyros being Rebecca's dad (which I thought was already confirmed?). I assume Robin and Ussop will go against Trebol and Sugar. I am hoping Zoro will fight the admiral but I have my doubts considering how busy this arc is already. Fights should start soon. I expect next chapter to be a bit more build up though considering how much is going on. I really want to see how the arena goes or how Franky is doing.

scy

Naruto 666 - RIP Gai.

One Piece 739 - Toybro! I think I need to re-read the whole arc once it's finished.

Bleach 570 - RIP fodder guy.

Yonafunu

Or Mor.

don't even joke about that dammit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom