• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

How long has this game been going anyway? It's got to be around an actual full season and then some, right?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
see I don't know if I should be picturing the happy kind of torture or the sad kind of torture.
You should expect super duper nasty torture

don't google that if you don't want to be spoiled btw

Hmm.. so apparently smoked salt is actually not that uncommon? First time I hear about this but that's what I'm told.

Now I just feel silly
Is that like black salt? 'cos I've heard of black salt before

TWGOK 262
Stupid Ayumi. You'd think she'd have her priorities together, the world kind of just ended in case she didn't notice.

Fairy Tale

dunno why I read it, but I still do. Is Natsu going to end up being END? That would be interesting only if igneel is like "either you go or I go" and then Natsu kills himself. But then the tropes start and suddenly hes alive because of his sacrifice.

I should write this shit.

SPOILERSNO.gif

scy

Oh neat, a Radiata Stories manga.

Except it's Human Route. Meh.

You should expect super duper nasty torture

don't google that if you don't want to be spoiled btw

The sad part is, I had to Google to remember which that was.

In retrospect, that was pretty unnecessary if I had thought about it for more than a second.

Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth 31

The best Naruto book continues to be the one not staring Naruto. It also features the best version of Onichimaru.

You can say a lot of things about Togashi, but he is nowhere near manipulative, cheap, and crass enough to write anything like that shit, no matter what the target demographic is.

I don't know, the special chapters read to me like him just trying to make the Spider as hateable as possible and give justification to Kurapika's desire for revenge. That shit was just brutal and not too far off from what's going on in AkG.

scy

They're really just saved by their main appearances to be filled with their banter. It's more like Esdese and the rest of the Jaegers, really. Keep getting reminded of how kind of shitty they all are but their development chapters show them as quite a bit more likable.

Hopefully this is all some hamfisted way of having the jaegers join the good guys.

"Wow, Esdese sure is loyal to her soldiers!" (Cue government-sponsored horrible things happening to her soldiers).

I don't know, the Jaegers may not be as bad as Wild Hunt, but they've still done some really shitty things that Night Raid probably wouldn't forgive. Outside of Wave, they're all very much merciless villains that have killed innocents.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but then that'll be mainstream. And it'll be terrible then.
The hipster paradox

Fairy Tail 373
I stopped reading this because of all the nakedness, but surprisingly this chapter didn't have much fanservice at all. That's nice. Can someone tell me if Natsu met up or had a conversation with Igneel again? I stopped reading right after Erza and Mira got captured

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK 262
Stupid Ayumi. You'd think she'd have her priorities together, the world kind of just ended in case she didn't notice.

What are you talking about? She wants to be tsuntsun to a dude who isn't even physically present in the same time and despite the fact that entire existence of the universe outside of herself just got erased.

I see nothing completely idiotic about it at all.

Does anyone read Area D and UQ Holder? Are either of them particularly great? Looking through the search results doesn't pull up many readers of either manga.

UQ Holder is a solid C- right now. The only thing it has going for it is occasional references that we're going to ever find out what the fuck happened with Negi.

The hipster paradox

Fairy Tail 373
I stopped reading this because of all the nakedness, but surprisingly this chapter didn't have much fanservice at all. That's nice. Can someone tell me if Natsu met up or had a conversation with Igneel again? I stopped reading right after Erza and Mira got captured

Not in this current arc as far as I remember.

I know a fair few of us are reading UQ Holder. It's decent but I'm pretty sure most people are just reading it for the Negima connection.

We should all know none of that will get resolved until his next series.

scy

UQ Holder is interesting. It's really just relying heavily on the Negima connection, though, as it hasn't really done anything yet despite however many chapters it's had.

the things you imagine happen to me

Oh, y'know. Death by a lot of things.

What are you talking about? She wants to be tsuntsun to a dude who isn't even physically present in the same time and despite the fact that entire existence of the universe outside of herself just got erased.

It transcends space & time.

Tonari no Haru Onii-chan
BhmFhuACEAAl4Wz.png

The best MakoHaru one around and so long 76 pages of just pure goodness. Older Haru is the best and Mako says all the things i love about Haru. And the AU it is satisfies the younger seme thing which is never dull.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder is interesting. It's really just relying heavily on the Negima connection, though, as it hasn't really done anything yet despite however many chapters it's had.

Oh, y'know. Death by a lot of things.

It transcends space & time.

Ayumi went from Tsugumi-tier to Onodera-tier in like one chapter.

Akito

Sora ga Haiiro dakara 1-3
A short story collection about various characters each with a different trouble in life like social anxiety or resentment. But only 3 chapters are translated and the last update was 473 days ago :|

Angry Grimace

I like that you used a way that I'd totally get.

Anyway, I'll see how it resolves but, yeah, Ayumi taking her "WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME ANYTHING" stand here feels a little ... meh.

Did she ever ask in the first place? She was the last conquer before the dumb time travel arc.

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi is so much better if you drop the expectation that there will be any kind of plot and just read it like its newspaper comic strip.

Angry Grimace

Off-hand, I don't think so. Just the the whole bit of her being one of the three that weren't told anything.

Maybe she should be mad at Mercury and not Keima. Just saying, Mercury lives inside her body and could have spilled the beans whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom